Minis For Sale on BAT

Started by MiniDave, January 08, 2015, 01:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MPlayle

Quote from: MiniDave on December 11, 2021, 08:12:31 PM
Does the second chance deal require the buyer to pay the fee to BaT?

I do not recall anything in the terms indicating anything about fees for the option.  It is a "courtesy" thing they offer if the auction goes RNM to allow the seller and high bidder to potentially work something out privately after the auction has completed.  I think it is an optional feature and both parties have to agree to it.

BruceK

New Mini pops up on BaT.  And this one is not from Japan!   :-\

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1992-rover-mini-8/

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

BruceK

Quote from: BruceK on December 07, 2021, 05:00:55 PM
Yeah. It's another one.

This one is a late model JDM Mini with a 1275 and it's been converted to 10" wheels.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1994-rover-mini/

This car sold for $13,500.   
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

Brit_in_TX

Quote from: BruceK on December 14, 2021, 03:41:31 PM
New Mini pops up on BaT.  And this one is not from Japan!   :-\

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1992-rover-mini-8/

British Open Classic is very popular in the UK.  Be interesting to see what this goes for as it looks like a clean version.  The seller commented he bought the mini from Richard Williams in the UK, which is who I bought my Mayfair from.  If you have a quick look at his website you will see he deals in great examples of classic minis.  And if any of you follow Alex Toon on youtube, Richard Williams is where he bought all of his minis. 

A comment from the seller which caught my eye, was the additional driving lights not being wired in. My mini came with additional driving lights and were not wired in. I queried it when I bought, and Richard told me that he just adds them for aesthetic reasons and then it is up to the buyer to keep them or not. 

I am looking forward to seeing how much it goes for, as it is a very similar era to mine.

MiniDave

I've noticed that too, many people just want the look and don't care about the function....same with those giant reverse spotlights attached to the boot lit.....

A guy on FB Marketplace has a LHD, air conditioned, carbureted 998 that doesn't run, has a ton of rust and he wants $12K for it. He got very upset which I suggested his price was optimistic.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jimini II

Quote from: BruceK on December 08, 2021, 12:46:17 PM
BaT keeps churning out auctions for Minis.  Time for an English Moke.

Almost guaranteed to bring big bucks.  I'm thinking at least mid-30s. Perhaps $40K?

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1967-morris-mini-moke-3/

Sold for $36,250 a lot of money for an 850 UK Moke with flat steel used for the floors and pontoons and lots of fresh undercoating plus poorly welded at that.

Jimini II

Optimistic is an understatement he is dreaming.
BTW Dave I think you've been hacked on fb.

MiniDave

Yes, I've heard from tons of people about that already.....so tired of this crap on FB, and I do NOT understand why they can't get on top of this shit.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

pbraun

big bucks for rather poor Moke.
As to f/b..... I am close to closing my account.  Messenger now hacked twice, if not 3 times - swearing off it........ what a pia.
Peter
65 Moke
60 Bugeye modified
66 Jaguar XJ13 ( I can wish )

Brit_in_TX

Quote from: pbraun on December 16, 2021, 09:06:51 AM
As to f/b..... I am close to closing my account.  Messenger now hacked twice, if not 3 times - swearing off it........ what a pia.

What sure you have multi-factor authentication setup and use unique passwords. 

MiniDave

Your messenger has not been hacked, it's been spoofed....as long as your postings are set to public this can happen.

As Brit says you can set your security measures high enough that no one except those in your circle can see anything you write...

I am also tired of FB and have decided to pull my account. It's too bad as that's how I've found long lost friends and stayed in touch with family, but after a while it just becomes too much trouble to deal with.

This whole internet thing has become a giant PITA, because we can't live without it anymore and trying to use it has become an unwieldy mess.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

drmini

Hard to believe that POS Moke sold for $36,250!  If the buyer was real, I feel sorry for him spending that much money on that!   I'm thinking it was a shill bidder that ended up winning the bid.  Wonder how long before we see it on there again?  Thinking maybe I should throw together a Catalina Island Patches on Patches Moke and see what a real POS Moke would sell for.  I guess there's a fool out there somewhere who'd buy it!

BruceK

That low-mileage Mini Cooper from the UK sold for $20,000.   That's a lot, but is was an unusually nice 1990s car.

Here's another one.  This one is Italian-sourced and for some strange reason it's on Vermont license plates while it has lived in California for years.  Gee.   Wonder why?  ;D   Owned by a dealer, I expect the typical gloss over of any criticism that pops up.

Oh, and there's documentation showing someone spent a shitload of money on this which of course will never be fully reflected in the bids.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1991-mini-cooper-s/

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

tmsmini

MiniDave

Wow, over $13K to rebuild the motor....

This is a very nice car tho....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Quote from: BruceK on December 21, 2021, 07:17:29 PM
That low-mileage Mini Cooper from the UK sold for $20,000.   That's a lot, but is was an unusually nice 1990s car.

Here's another one.  This one is Italian-sourced and for some strange reason it's on Vermont license plates while it has lived in California for years.  Gee.   Wonder why?  ;D   Owned by a dealer, I expect the typical gloss over of any criticism that pops up.

Oh, and there's documentation showing someone spent a shitload of money on this which of course will never be fully reflected in the bids.

In the comments one person has researched how much to money to pay to make the Mini California smog compliant:   

"The cost for carbureted is $14,500 for modification, testing, and certification. The cost for fuel injected $12,500."

What a wonderful state.  Somebody should do a calculation and find out how much pollution a Mini makes over it's lifetime compared to 1 acre of an out of control California wildfire as it ravages a town.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

They've arrested two guys for arson for starting the Caldor fire......and weren't those fires all started on federal lands?

Maybe if someone had raked up all the leaves......

I agree it is a stiff amount to bring those cars into compliance but they have put rules in place, it's just the way it is. One can always buy a pre 1975 car that is exempt.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

I was curious. Turns out a lot more than a mini.

"The 2021 California wildfire season is an ongoing series of wildfires that have burned across the state of California. As of December 16, 2021, a total of 8,619 fires have been recorded, burning 2,569,009 acres (1,039,641 ha) across the state."

BruceK

A Mini 850 that still has an 850 (and drum brakes) is now on BaT.

Whadda think it will go for?  North or south of $10K?   My guess is about $8K to $9K.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1979-austin-mini-5/

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

That can't be the original color, can it?

I've given up on trying to figure what they sell for.....since it came over from England and even tho original cars are valued over there, I doubt this one will be going back across the pond for a significant premium....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

Quote from: MiniDave on December 25, 2021, 12:29:38 PM
That can't be the original color, can it?

The yellow color may be original, but not the black roof.

Jimini II

I asked the seller how much to be carb compliant but he never answered me apart from saying they are all different prices, duh I think I already know and expect that.

I understand the CA rules to some extent but the 75 does not roll over which is a shame as the newer Minis run much cleaner.

They had yellow Minis in the late 70's but it was a much nicer lighter shade snapdragon yellow maybe.

EDIT: Brain fart snapdragon yellow is an Aussie Moke colour.
Looking at the BaT pics in detail especially in the engine compartment it does look factory maybe Inca yellow.

BruceK

Another JDM Mini is now on BaT.  I like the gray color it's a nice change from what we normally see on Minis.  And the Mk I treatment looks well done.  The air conditioning does not work (shocking, I know!).  And there are some rust issues too, again shocking. My guess is this car may go for the mid-teens.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1994-rover-mini-cooper-s/

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

Quote from: BruceK on December 21, 2021, 07:17:29 PM

HOLY CRAP!  This car sold for $35,000.   :-[  WTF!?   I know we're in a period of very high inflation, but that's Mk I Cooper S territory last time I looked.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

cstudep

Quote from: BruceK on December 29, 2021, 04:09:52 PM

HOLY CRAP!  This car sold for $35,000.   :-[  WTF!?   I know we're in a period of very high inflation, but that's Mk I Cooper S territory last time I looked.

Wow that seems a bit excessive for sure.