Minis For Sale on BAT

Started by MiniDave, January 08, 2015, 01:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

That seems like a decent price for that car, doesn't it?
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Yes.  Certainly not overpriced like we have seen on some recent Mini auctions.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

Jimini II

Quote from: BruceK on December 14, 2020, 06:51:09 AM
It's the Mini's Italian/Japanese cousin!   

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1985-innocenti-detomaso-turbo/

The Detamaso Innocenti Mini was a RNM at $13,500.
I would think that $13,500 was a good bid but read somewhere it has been for sale for a while at $24k.

MiniDave

Yeah, I was going to bid on it till I found that it had been for sale for quite a while at $30K, then dropped to $24K......no way Jose that it's worth that much....even in Canadian dollars! I was thinking somewhere around $5-8K US, guess I do not know the market on these....

No idea how I would have gotten it over the border if I did win it....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jimini II

Getting across the border is no problem right now as long as you use a transport company.

BruceK

That car reminds me of the old tale of George Washington's ax that cut down the cherry tree in the legend. The handle broke so it was replaced with new oak one, and then years later on the blade became so dull and rusty that a new one was fitted. But other than the handle and the blade it's the actual ax that old George used!

There's not really any semblance of a Mini left in that car. The body is obviously different, the suspension (which I understand used standard Mini subframes on earlier models) is different on this one, and the drivetrain is no longer A-series Mini either.   

If you want an old Italian car that sort of looks like that you could just get a Fiat Panda and be done with it.

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

Scargo

MiniDave,

I recall a few months when we were discussing the blue "Mini & a half" that was for sale, that you expressed an interest in purchasing just the trailer part of that deal, but you could not get the stars to line up.

In case you hadn't noticed, there's an unfinished Mini boot trailer from Tempe AZ. currently listed on the MM Classifieds for $1,050 in case you still have an interest in one of these.

MiniDave

Thanks Howard, I'll check it out.....  77.gif

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

pbraun

Moke there now...interesting to watch...........
Peter
65 Moke
60 Bugeye modified
66 Jaguar XJ13 ( I can wish )

BruceK

Holy crap.  The dark blue English Moke sold for $39,500.  Wow.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

The Innocenti is only at $8K with just 2 days left. RNM looming?
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

Quote from: BruceK on December 21, 2020, 06:28:00 PM

Seats, sunroof, wheels, and steering wheel will not be good for a big number. 

MiniDave

Yeah, if it's not a Mk1 S or a Moke, it better be original!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

Quote from: BruceK on December 21, 2020, 06:28:00 PM

You guys think the name of the seller could have something to do with it? (Stinky's Rod Shop)   ;D

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

A Mk II Cooper S is now on BaT.    So nice to see red with a black top instead of a white top on an older Mini.   This car has been with the same owner for 21 years but has only had 1700 miles put on it during that time. What a waste! 

These don't seem to be as popular as Mk I cars, but I think this may go for some big bucks.  On the negative side it's in Canada so that will scare off some buyers.    Hell, some buyers are scared when a car is just one state away from them!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1969-austin-cooper-s-2/

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

I thought his excuse was pretty lame too - "it's up on a lift and I have too many other cars to drive"

To me that should keep the price down.....but of course it won't.

The silver wheels look odd to me, and this car just looks plain and cheap - I don't know why it strikes me that way. It doesn't have any of the S sizzle that the other S models that have sold on BaT do.

Did you read where the arches are attached with "sealant"? I figure that's a miscommunication somewhere, but still.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jimini II

Quote from: MiniDave on December 23, 2020, 10:04:01 AM
I thought his excuse was pretty lame too - "it's up on a lift and I have too many other cars to drive"

To me that should keep the price down.....but of course it won't.

The silver wheels look odd to me, and this car just looks plain and cheap - I don't know why it strikes me that way. It doesn't have any of the S sizzle that the other S models that have sold on BaT do.

Did you read where the arches are attached with "sealant"? I figure that's a miscommunication somewhere, but still.....

As long as they attached the arches to the lip with sealant and not screws into the body that is a good thing.
If you lost the arches painted the wheels oew and attached the plastic chrome look sill moulding it would go a long way towards the outside look imo.
Now the inside is a different matter as i think black or maybe blue was the only MK II (maybe MK III) options for interior colour but as the front covers need replacing the buyer has options.
Not as popular as the MK I's but less produced and still has some of the S charm that the later MK III's seem to loose.

BruceK

I believe silver wheels are correct for the model.  Dave, the Mk II Cooper cars were a lot more plain the the Mk I cars.  All black interiors for example instead of the two tone with gold brocade.  Cost cutting moves I believe.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

Jimini II

The blue/white Innocenti auction just ended at $16,270 with RNM.

BruceK

Quote from: Jimini II on December 23, 2020, 03:37:25 PM

It sure didn't get much love. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

Jimini II

Quote from: BruceK on December 23, 2020, 07:19:06 PM
Quote from: Jimini II on December 23, 2020, 03:37:25 PM

It sure didn't get much love.

There was a red one that was RNM at $15k recently and briefly looking at it it seemed to have more of the specific Innocent parts still present.
It used to be that the Innocenti's were bid stronger than the regular Minis but that does not seem to be the case recently.
In saying that I don't think the blue/white one was one of the best examples out there.

G67mcs

Silver steel wheels on the MK2 S is correct. OEW on MK1 S. As someone else mentioned if arches with sealant much better than having holes in the quarter panels. They really should remove the arches and install a proper chrome sill seam strip especially since the car retains a mostly stock appearance. That car was advertised recently on the MM sale page, forgot the asking price though. Will be interesting to see how it does not being a MK1.

Garry
1967 MK2 S
2003 Mini Cooper S
2016 4Runner

Willie_B

Quote from: G67mcs on December 24, 2020, 08:46:36 AM
That car was advertised recently on the MM sale page, forgot the asking price though.

Garry

20k.

BruceK

Hmmm.  $20K for real Cooper S? Doesn't sound too bad. I haven't really looked at the car on auction so I don't know what it shortcomings are.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

The blue inno at 16k was about what I expected.