Minis For Sale on BAT

Started by MiniDave, January 08, 2015, 01:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gr8kornholio

Yea, but I think he'd mentioned somewhere near the end that it was equivalent to about half the cost of the modifications and rebuild cost.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

MiniDave

two hundred twenty six THOUSAND Miles.........
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

There's been some Mini action recently on BAT.

This Innocenti Mini Cooper sold on BAT for just $13K.  I think that was a bargain for a pretty rare Mini.   Kinda looked like the auction winner wasn't ready to have actually won it.   Oops!

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1972-innocenti-mini/

This Van with windows from New Zealand reminds me of my old Morris Mini Traveller - same colors.  I bet this this will go for about $12K, maybe more.

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1972-morris-mini-van
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

Willie_B

The Morris mini van is my brothers. I built the roof rack. The sliding windows are a challenge during the summers down here to flow enough air to cool off. The roof vent does help though.

BruceK

Two brothers who are both into Minis and they both have Minis from New Zealand?   Wow.   Small world.   I wish my brother was into Minis instead of just motorcycles. 

By the way, I'm "LarryH" making comments on BAT.  Not sure why I used that name, but it was like 5 years ago and I sticking with it. 

I think BAT is a great place to sell interesting vehicles (so much better than eBay or one of the traditional car auctions)  but BAT seems to take a seller who is very engaged and responds to the various questions comments.  I've seen auctions fall apart because the seller didn't respond, or worse, seemed to take offense at comments. Looks like your brother is off to a good start and I wish him the best of luck with the auction. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

gr8kornholio

I saw that one last week while trolling craigslist adds.  Was gonna mention it to willie b since it was in Georgia.  That's funny that it's his brothers.  Mini world.

"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

Willie_B

My brother got me interested in minis. It's all his fault. I did have a bugeye sprite back in the early 80's, it was a hoot to drive also.

gr8kornholio

Did your brother import it from NZ himself?

Willie_B

He bought his from Dion Jardine, DJ minis, in Florida. I imported mine myself.

BruceK

Based upon how much interest there has been in the Mini Van so far, I think there may be a lot of bidders and it may go for a healthy amount. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

gr8kornholio

Quote from: Willie_B on March 25, 2017, 02:18:44 PM
He bought his from Dion Jardine, DJ minis, in Florida. I imported mine myself.

From NZ?  It's a little premature, but if.. well when I get my next mini I've really taking a liking to the Australian clubmans.  Doubt there are many of those in the states already.  So will most likely have to look into importing one.  Just a note for the future.

BruceK

Lots of continued interest (and bids) on the Mini Van with 3 days left...

And it's like Dave's Mini and Don's Mini had a kid:

A BRG Mini with a VTEC.

http://bringatrailer.com/2017/03/28/vtec-swapped-1963-austin-mini/
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

gr8kornholio

That vtec is one crazy potato head.  I'm gonna say a little pricey for the description and possible issues/unfinished looks.

BruceK

Quote from: Willie_B on March 25, 2017, 02:03:17 AM
The Morris mini van is my brothers.

Is that a BRG Special Edition Miata in his garage?
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

Willie_B

Quote from: BruceK on March 28, 2017, 02:58:20 PM

I think so.

BruceK

Quote from: Willie_B on March 28, 2017, 07:02:41 PM
Quote from: BruceK on March 28, 2017, 02:58:20 PM

I think so.

Just thinking how similar that is to the situation I was in.  I owned a Mini Traveller in the same red and white colors as your brother's Mini Van, which I sold and bought a BRG Miata Special Edition.  I liked that car a lot, but I really missed owning a Mini.   
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

Quote from: BruceK on March 25, 2017, 02:53:31 PM
Based upon how much interest there has been in the Mini Van so far, I think there may be a lot of bidders and it may go for a healthy amount.

With two days left in the auction, it's at $9500 with a lot of active bidders - reflecting well on both the quality of the car as well as how engaged your brother is in providing information and responding to comments. So... I'm going to revise my $12K guesstimate and say this Mini will sell from $15K to $17K.  Maybe more.   I wish your brother good luck with the auction. 

Brad, will the sale of this car leave your brother Mini-less? 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

Willie_B

He will have no more minis after this one sells. He has the Miata for fun when the need arises.

BruceK

After like 38 years of continually owning at least one (sometimes more) classic Minis of one type or another, I sold my Mini Traveller and purchased a pristine 20+ year old BRG Miata as a sort of hobby/fun car replacement.   But as much as I loved the Miata, it only lasted 4 years with me as I felt I really needed to get back to owning a Mini again. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

And look how much more fun you're having with this one - now that you're using it and not just laving it in the garage!   77.gif

I had my 62 Cooper S from 68 to about 78, and didn't get another till 2014, but I'm glad I did as I really have fun with the little clown cars, I drive this green one almost every day.

An actively engaged seller like this seems to really boost the buyers interest, and hopefully the price too.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

Quote from: MiniDave on March 29, 2017, 10:01:07 AM
An actively engaged seller like this seems to really boost the buyers interest, and hopefully the price too.

I'd agree, the quickest way to submarine your BaT auction as a seller is to be absent or stand-offish.  Really enjoy the ones where the seller is present and active.  Makes for way better comment conversation.

BruceK

Quote from: gr8kornholio on March 29, 2017, 12:55:32 PM
Quote from: MiniDave on March 29, 2017, 10:01:07 AM

I'd agree, the quickest way to submarine your BaT auction as a seller is to be absent or stand-offish.  Really enjoy the ones where the seller is present and active.  Makes for way better comment conversation.
On the other hand, it looks like some potential buyers are really expecting Brad's brother to jump through hoops in the final hours of this week-long auction: there are requests for not only for cylinder compression tests, but also for pictures to verify the compression tests.   Plus now they want a bunch of videos to be made and to suddenly appear on BAT.   Geez. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

Willie_B

In the walk around video you get a good look at the roof rack I built for him several years ago. He just resealed the wood so it looks sharp.

BruceK

The bidding on the Mini Van petered out at just under $11,000, so the "reserve not met" situation was not a surprise.   As I said earlier I expected it to go for $15,000 or more.   
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MPlayle

It is back up on Mini Mania classifieds with a price of $14500.