Author Topic: Hey Dan, is this you?? Two shells in OK  (Read 81 times)

Offline 94touring

Re: Hey Dan, is this you?? Two shells in OK
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 10:58:19 AM »
I know "The Luggage". It was owned by the late Rocky Frisco, who was a keyboardist for some very high profile bands.  He lived in Tulsa.  I'll try to find his webpage here in a few.  I met the new owner last year at a Harbor Freight but never went and looked at the car.

Offline 94touring

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 11:06:51 AM »
http://www.rockyfrisco.com

If you read through you'll find mini and car things he was into.  I don't remember if it was on that page or another where he was interviewed about music but started talking about his mini. 

Offline BruceK

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 12:14:47 PM »
Hey, I remember Rocky.  We met on another Mini forum (I donít even remember which one) about 20 years ago.  At one point I found out he was playing at an outdoor gig in San Marcos and I drove my Mini wagon up to meet him.  We discussed Minis out in the parking lot between sets.  He was a nice guy.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
2007 Triumph Bonneville

Offline velopackrat

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 12:21:31 PM »
Bummer than "The Luggage" has fallen from it's earlier condition.  Man, Rocky ran with some top flight musicians.  Dan, what is it with Minis and Tulsa?

Offline 94touring

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 12:55:13 PM »
I had talked with him a time or two over the years.  Hugh Cannon was friends with him so I forwarded this link.  What he told me was this was the original luggage and the new/rebodied luggage is in storage with a bad engine.

Offline MiniDave

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2018, 01:35:26 PM »
Any one can relate the story of the name "luggage"?
1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
1969 Jaguar XK-E FHC
2004 Audi Allroad 2.7 TT

Offline 94touring

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2018, 01:42:07 PM »
Probably need to ask Hugh about that one. 

Offline gr8kornholio

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2018, 01:44:58 PM »
Compared to most cars, especially from the 60s and 70s, our cars are about the size of the luggage you could carry in one.

Wild guess.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

Offline BruceK

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2018, 02:27:44 PM »
The name The Luggage comes from a series of novels that Rocky was a huge fan of.   I never read them, but the author was Terry Pratchett and from my limited knowledge heís sort of a cult hero among some people.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
2007 Triumph Bonneville