mk1 hood latch

Started by jeff10049, January 01, 2015, 02:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeff10049

I am in need of a MK1 hood latch the slam panel side, I have the parts that go on the hood.

Jeff

94touring

I will check the parts car in a few days and see if it's still on it. 

jeff10049

Thanks Dan, one other part I forgot about is the safety catch that you have to release after the main one seven sells just the catch but I need the whole thing the mount is missing from the hood. so if anyone has a junk hood they could cut one off of that would be cool.

Jeff

94touring

I probably have one of those too. 

jeff10049

OK so here's the list of stuff I need in addition to the above.

Rear generator bracket

Ignition coil

Four or Six blade fan

Mk1 dog bone engine steady thing, or a center to center measurement of length so I can build one.

The two plates that bolt to the block and sandwich the dog bone.

Those top five are priority right now.

Also need

MK1 steering wheel, and horn push

MK1 horn

rear view mirror

If anybody has any of this stuff that needs a new home let me know how much and how to pay.

Thanks
Jeff

velopackrat

I've got a spare dog bone for ya.  How about ten bucks plus the postage?
Chris

jeff10049

Sounds good Chris I'll take it.

Jeff

Willie_B

I will look thru my pile in the morning.

No luck on the gen bracket. Is it the upper steady you need parts for? Which 2 plates are there?

jeff10049

Willie,

Thanks for looking I think I have the upper steady tie bar coming, but still need the two plates that go on the block seen in this picture.

Willie_B

The early steady was 3 parts on the engine end. The angle part was not angled as much so it needed a spacer and the extra plate.
http://www.minimania.com/catPage/2-45/2/45/0/Engine-Mountings--Brackets
Part numbers 21,22 &23.
The later one is just the one part that goes over the end. I have the later part if you are interested. Like the one in the photo above but without the extra plate behind it. I have the dogbone part if you still need that too.   Do you have the plate under the masters for the firewall end? I have that also.

jeff10049

Thanks for the offer Willie_B I got the dog bone from Chris and just went ahead and made the brackets for the engine end.

List update.

I got a coil, engine mount stuff all taken care of, got a new fan, made a rear generator bracket.

Still looking for.

MK1 Hood latch and safety catch.

MK1 domed horn.

MK1 horn push.

jeff10049

List is getting shorter found a horn push on  e bay. down to the hood latch and safety catch and a horn. If anybody has either.

Jeff