The drunk thread

Started by 94touring, December 28, 2014, 10:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

Mudhen

Looks like a keepah!  Kept myself to 1 howler tonight...8%....eight is enough!

Jealous of the glass actually building up condensation on it, too - just gotta make it another couple months...

Jims5543

Growler is gone, just did a 1.5 hour minecraft game with the son, now I am eyeing the 15 year old scotch and thinking it is a bad decision.....
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Jims5543

Looked at the Scotch last night, thought, nah I better not. Woke up proud of myself this morning.

My mouth is watering in anticipation of breaking into this growler this evening.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Jims5543

That was indeed a Stupid Stout, as in stupid good.

WOW!! 

Just polished off the growler and it was amazingly awesome.

Time to go to sleep so I do not miss that hour as much tonight. (I should be asleep already) Gonna suck on Monday for sure.

94touring

In Lexington at west 6 brewery.   

Jims5543

Nice, we have something like 4 breweries all within 20 miles of my house now. I am thinking I need to take some tours.

94touring

Jims5543

LOL! You crack me up.

Lexington friend? 

Mudhen

Ya, somehow we need to get him to stop including himself in the selfies...  ;D

94touring

Apparently I was drunk and posted.   Took several pickle juice and Jameson shots with my cousin last night.   

94touring

We've had fun this week

Jims5543

LOL that beard is hitting beast status.

Friday Night in Miami ......  I had to go back and recall what happened because I woke up Saturday morning and wanted to die. Check out the Formula E thread later for more on that.

To the best of my recollection I counted 7 beers drank that evening and every one of them was high ABV IPA's, including splitting a 6 pack of  7% IPA's in our hotel room with my buddy. We had a living room area so our friends came over to hang out and drink. My wife coined a new phrase, I had Beermuffs on, seems when I get hammered I talk REALLY LOUD.  My wife was shusshing me all evening as she was afraid we were disturbing hotel guests at 12 midnight.

Needless to say, I was slow moving Saturday morning and was on a verge of puking my brains out.

I paced myself the rest of the weekend.

Now I am dry for real, time to get serious with the fitness wife and I pinkie promised.  So I am out of here for a while.

Mudhen

You f'in pu$$y, you're not going anywhere...

:D

94touring

Jims5543

5 days of sobriety sucked. 2 smithwicks and 1 boddington into my day at Universal  Studios  withh the wife kid and niece .

Mudhen you were right  I am back.

Mudhen

Quote from: Jims5543 on March 20, 2015, 12:52:51 PM
5 days of sobriety sucked. 2 smithwicks and 1 boddington into my day at Universal  Studios  withh the wife kid and niece .

Mudhen you were right  I am back.

5 days is plenty.  Welcome home.

4.gif

Jims5543

There was a tough decision to make... ride a Harry Potter ride and vomit or spend 40 minutes sitting in the shade drinking an ale and eating  a pretzel.

Jims5543

That pic above, I am sitting in a wheelchair.

My niece has ET (no not the character the disease it is called essential tremors syndrome) which makes her shake like she has Parkinsons disease, except it is not. So we get her a $12 Wheel chair and wheel her around when she feels fatigued.

She is on Harry Potter with the wife and kid, I see people walking with what looks like a decent porter or stout so I sniff out a beer counter, I find Hog's Head Brew.

Review here:  (  http://www.partythroughtheparks.com/islands-of-adventure-bars/  )
QuoteThey've also got their own specialty beer, Hog's Head Brew. HHB is a deep golden Scottish Ale that's heavy on the bitter hops flavors, similar to a Killians. A young lady that ordered one next to me took one sip and exclaimed "Ewww, it tastes like rust!" and sent it back for a Miller Lite instead. While it's not exactly my favorite type of beer, I'd say that review may be a bit on the harsh side. To each, his own, right? Hog's Head Brew is made locally by Florida Beer Company.

So the funny part is some Larry the Cable guy walks up to get his stroller (yeah he procreated) he looks over at me and ponders a moment.. then says, "Man you got it made, comfortable seat, sitting in the shade, beer in one hand an pretzel in the other".... I just stare at him for a minute, I look around... no kids in earshot.. I say back to him, "Yeah, its awesome, now if I just was not dying of cancer it would be perfect".............. Nope I am screwing with you, I just told him I would trade it all to walk again.... Nope another joke, I just told him yes, it was better than puking on the stupid ride. The woman behind me snort laughed.

I liked the HHB, but now I know about this:

Going to track this down next time I am there.

QuoteDuff Dry
Now this Duff is much more interesting and would likely be classified as a chocolate stout if we weren't in Springfield. If you're looking for a richly flavored dark, hoppier beer this one is right up your alley. Complex flavors of caramel with just a touch of chocolate and finishes with a sharp, dark hop bite.

I have been going since 7 this morning, took a 2 hour break to be with family and now taking a break before I get back at it (bedtime will be at 2) I thought I would share my discoveries.

If any of you head to Universal Orlando let me know, I am getting to know my way around there pretty good. I may even meet up and buy you a beer.

Back to my Jack on rocks and paperwork.....

Mudhen

We're going in October - tossing around the idea of Halloween...undecided as of yet, though.  Will rent a house this time with our in-laws (last time we stayed at Disney) and do Universal with maybe just a day or two at Disney.

Would be cool to meet up for a beer!

Pat

Jims5543

Quote from: Mudhen on March 24, 2015, 05:49:10 AM

We're going in October - tossing around the idea of Halloween...undecided as of yet, though.  Will rent a house this time with our in-laws (last time we stayed at Disney) and do Universal with maybe just a day or two at Disney.

Would be cool to meet up for a beer!

Pat

Have not done the Halloween horror Nights thing there yet. May try this year we were actually discussing that when we were there last weekend.

Keep me in the loop, I am 2 hours away and would love to shoot up, since we are season pass holders we just go with the flow there, we are in no hurry.  We had not done the Hollywood Horror Makeup show in many many years (20+) and decided to go last weekend. I forgot how much fun that is.

Jims5543

thunk thunk... this thing on?

Celebrating Monday and another banner week, so Kentucky Bourbon is accompanying me this evening as it is going to be a long night.

Makers 46 is the poison.  ;D

94touring

I'm in Lexington getting my drank on. 

Mudhen

Quote from: 94touring on March 30, 2015, 09:57:40 PM
I'm in Lexington getting my drank on.

Look at that case...yikes, I think something just moved.