The drunk thread

Started by 94touring, December 28, 2014, 10:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

Our night was low key.  Two beers a piece and walked home.  Luckily we didn't get the $150 one.

MiniDave

Boulevard is a local Brewery here in KC if anyone ever wants some.....
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

John Gervais

So many beers, so little time...

One of my local supermarkets sells Chimay and a plethora of other fine and Danish micro-brews.  Now that I have a reason to, I really need to start drinking.

As a aside, once in a while Hyacinth gets together with a couple of the hens from her workplace.  I'm super supportive, anytime she wants to eat at someone else's place is fine with me - I get to eat 'bachelor' food in the most primitive fashion, normally right out of the pan it cooked in.  So, when she asked me to pick up a couple of bottles of wine the other day, I said OK, and told her I'd pick up one white and one red - hope it would be OK.

I picked up a bottle of Dirty Hoe shiraz and a Fat Bastard sauvignon blanc.  I hope they aren't too offended and accept me for the primate I am...
- Pave the Bay -

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jims5543

I joined this website called Flaviar.  My mission was simple to expand my knowledge of Whiskeys and Scotch's and to build a liquor cabinet most would envy in the process.

I am 3 months in, the deal goes like this, you get one free shipment a month, buy one bottle buy six bottles its free. The prices are in line with Total wine, sometimes a buck or two more most times 5-10 bux cheaper, if you can find it there.

I have a decent collection so far and plan on cancelling my membership in 3 more months or 6 months total. Every 3 months you get a free sample pack of liquor you are interested in.

My first sample pack looked like this and to be honest, I have yet to taste any of them.

My latest shipment arrived this week, one bottle is pretty special, limited run small batch hard to get, total wine does not even have it. Bookers is the brand, comes in a nice display box too.

Many bottles I have never broken the seal on, a few I have and most have been as described in the reviews on their site and some have been better than expected.

I do not drink as much as I had in the past so it will be forever before I get to taste these all, but it has been a fun distraction from my day to day BS I deal with. A nice side hobby among many.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

John Gervais

I noticed the Dalwinnie again - still my favorite day-to-day sip.   77.gif

I was in the supermarket and had a bottle in hand just yesterday, but at DKK 360,- I thought it a bit steep.  Also, as I had ridden my bicycle to the store and this was presumably the last bottle they had, it didn't have the usual box to protect the bottle on the way home, so I put it back on the shelf, and will wait til closer to Christmas before I treat myself to a bottle in the hope that Hyacinth doesn't get to it before I do.

I seriously should consider hiding my cigar humidor and booze; I simply can't compete with Hyacinth...
- Pave the Bay -

Jims5543

Quote from: John Gervais on December 07, 2016, 03:58:57 PM
I noticed the Dalwinnie again - still my favorite day-to-day sip.   77.gif

I was in the supermarket and had a bottle in hand just yesterday, but at DKK 360,- I thought it a bit steep.  Also, as I had ridden my bicycle to the store and this was presumably the last bottle they had, it didn't have the usual box to protect the bottle on the way home, so I put it back on the shelf, and will wait til closer to Christmas before I treat myself to a bottle in the hope that Hyacinth doesn't get to it before I do.

I seriously should consider hiding my cigar humidor and booze; I simply can't compete with Hyacinth...

So you are saying Hayacinth is a connoisseur of fine cigars and good sctoch as well?  Nice catch. 
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Jims5543

Have not had time to eat anything, nor desire to all day. I am never eating Jalapeno Potato chips again, it was not pretty yesterday.

I had to run south to pick my son up from school because Mrs5543:

A. Broker her toe doing Yoga (Yes you read that right)

B. Had an unrelated doc appointment today and it interfered with school pick up time. I am on deck.

I had to stop and pick up my Rolex from the repair shop, next door is a cool store that has groceries and craft beer.

This was in the cooler....

And this was on a shelf:

Then I get talking talking to the owner, he sees all my fabulous IPA's at the checkout and guides me towards the taps. He gives me 2 samples. One was special Orchid Island Ruby Red IPA, I have had it at the Brewery and it is Amazing, and the sample was the same. He sells Cowlers (Can Growlers) and I get one of them too.

So here I am back at the office, just finished one Resin IPA and about to kill one more before heading home in the next hour.

Had to share this emotional moment.

John Gervais

"So you are saying Hayacinth is a connoisseur of fine cigars and good sctoch as well?  Nice catch."

Yeah, not bad.   :-X

I did get a liter of Dalwinnie for Christmas and she said she'd not have at it 62.gif, so I opened a bottle of the sloen-infused vodka - filtered it through a coffee filter and it's crystal clear, ruby-red and refreshing.  I tried a shot mixed in some Schweppes - quite delightful (playfully articulate on the palate w/ good nose), but I'll bet it's even better with good-ol'fashioned tonic water.
- Pave the Bay -

94touring

MiniDave

That looks really cool, but what a biotch it must be to clean inside.......I'm sensitive to this because my son has a big tank and he has to clean it regularly.....

BTW, where does Aquaman poop?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

I'm not even sure how they feed them  8.gif

Jims5543

When you are still at office after 12 hours and have no hope....

John Gervais

- Pave the Bay -

gr8kornholio

I think I just found heaven on the internet.  Scotch, Whiskey and Beer talk.  I'm gonna need a sip.   :-\  Gonna take me a while to back through all 18 pages, but I'll find time.

Oooo another highlands scotch.  My total wine has it, yay.  I had a bottle of 18yr Glenmorangie.  Had a bit of a bite at first but after the first sip or so it went down nice. 
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

94touring

You'll fit right in!

Nice double restorationmini screen shot John.

jeff10049

How about a triple shot LOL.

94touring

Jims5543

QUATTRO!!!

had to increase view on screen to make this happen.

Happy Hump day.

Jims5543

Had a meeting with Basil last night, it went well. ;D

Jims5543

Had to head to Hobe sound today, in Hobe Sound is a cool little joint called G's Beverages. On the outside it looks like an old 7-11 (more like a Circle K if you know what those are) inside.....

Rows of craft beer, and taps with a Cowler machine so you can take home tapped happiness too.

I grabbed a 4 pack of these bad boys, one of these should make life good. This is on par with Thomas Creeks IPA although this is only a 12%er and Thomas Creek is almost 14% IIRC.

94touring

Jims5543

I was too scared to try the 13% one last night I was too tired already.

So I broke out a weak ass 9% one. Look at the glass... Mrs5543 was like, I would not drink that.  LOL ..

Nothing like chewing your beer.

John Gervais

Murky as swamp water - resembles my neighbor's homebrew!
- Pave the Bay -

Jims5543

Coming out of retirement soon. Not sure how to come out of the gate. So many options.

Thinking of hitting little micro brewery on Friday after work with a growler.

Or maybe breaking into this bottle of 21 year old Irish Whisky I have, sitting on back patio and enjoying a nice evening.

Decisions.