The drunk thread

Started by 94touring, December 28, 2014, 10:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalMiniFan

I think for Mini Meet West if there's a handful of people from Restoration Mini attending we should have a R-M beer night! 

San Diego is one of the "Craft Beer" capitals and I could lead us on a great beer tour from I.P.A bars to Belgian specific bars to only Locally brewed bars.

The guest hotel is pretty close to the "Beer Hub" neighborhood of North Park and is an easy cab/Uber/Lyft ride so you can really enjoy everything that is on tap.

Any takers?!
"If it's not fun, why do it?"

MiniDave

Happy to hang with you, but I don't drink.......I used to live in NP, corner of Upas and Granada, right on the edge of Balboa park. That was before I bought my house in Bay Ho......
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jims5543

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

Last night got out of hand. 

Jims5543

I so want to meet you and your cousin, he reminds me of David Cross (Tobias from Arrested Development) mixed with Dom DeLuise. 

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

So..we started the night by meeting two lovely girls for dinner.  They were on one side of the table, we on the other.  We decided to share a pizza and appetizer.  He ordered for the both of us, as did the girls for themselves.  Then we decided we'd pretend to be a couple.  Mind you we dress nice, drink wine, and he had a scarf.  Next time the dude came by Blaine put his arm around me.  By the end of the meal the waiter, gay himself, told us we were a cute couple..then goes oh and you two girls too.  The girls didn't realize we had been playing the gay card till he hit us with that.  It was pretty funny. 

Jims5543

That is awesome!! 

OK Guys, it is Friday, just remember never let your friends drink shit beer, even a dog knows this.

94touring

I kinda forgot about this and don't think I've posted it before.  My cousin and I unknowingly caught on tape.

Mudhen

Omg...lol...that is awesome!!! 4.gif

Jims5543

Nice ass Dan!! Er I mean, great job, good teamwork, keep up the good work.

Went to Orlando to an Irish Pub a couple of weeks ago.  Tried this and loved it.

A Bistro a couple towns north of me has over 40 beers on tap and on Mondays and Thursdays, all day, all drafts 16 oz glasses no matter what beer, are $3. Including Dog Fish Head 90 Minute IPA. I love this place.

They just introduced a beer club, for $50 (forever one time membership fee) you get a 24 ounce Mug with your name engraved on it and placed in your reserved hanging spot.  I purchased 2, one for me and one for my friend who lives too far away to enjoy it but he is my bud so he gets one for when we do hang out. We have made plans to meet at least once a month.

The 24 oz Mug is $1 more than a draft and is 2x the size, obviously. So on Mon and Thurs I get a 24 ounce 90 Minute IPA for $4.

jeff10049

What the Hell did y'all quit drink'n?

94touring

I have cut way back lately.  The occasional glass of wine or mixed drink with the lady friend. 

Mudhen

My wife and I are doing a 'Whole30' diet (only whole foods, no dairy, no grains, no alcohol).

We're at 3 weeks - my liver thinks my throat got cut!

Jims5543

Quote from: Mudhen on March 13, 2016, 06:10:17 AM
My wife and I are doing a 'Whole30' diet (only whole foods, no dairy, no grains, no alcohol).

We're at 3 weeks - my liver thinks my throat got cut!

LOL!!!

Please let me know what dates you are going to be in Orlando, I am going to try to figure out a way to meet up for beers one evening if possible.  Even if it is by the pool at the Hardrock with the kids.

jeff10049

Yea been cutting back also business ramping up for busy season. Working early and late every day is cutting into my drinking time.

Jims5543

Cut back a lot here too... spring is upon us...

I did break this out, which was being stored for a while.  It was Sunday family dinner afternoon, it was very good. The imp would have liked it.

Jims5543

I went to an British pub over the weekend and found this Scottish IPA, American IPA's are much better.

Jims5543

Text message from my good friend last Thursday.  We finally met up to use our 24 oz mugs which cost $4 to fill. We then walked to a small brewery and had some more beer. It was a great night. Shame it was rainy, I left the Mini home

94touring

Tried this pale and same in the red.  Both very good.  The red is essentially a cherry beer but 8 point and damn good. 

94touring

Trying a Prarie Brett C.   

94touring

94touring

Really going through the menu tonight. 

Jims5543

Wow, you are all over the place too. From Saison to Stout.

Looked a couple up and they sounded good.

I am on a no beer until weekends for now. Which sucks, I really enjoy a nice relaxing one or two at the end of the day on the back patio. I need to lose a few more lbs before we head to the Bahamas in July.

94touring

We've been walking to this place once a week when I'm in town as part of our date night.  Otherwise no drinking.  I also had a banana bread beer last night.

Jims5543

I need to rethink this beer fridge in the garage idea.