The drunk thread

Started by 94touring, December 28, 2014, 10:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

I don't drink - alcohol does not agree with me - so I look at this thread and think I've probably saved enough money over my lifetime to buy a new MINI!    ;D

Not to mention all the headaches and sick stomachs I've avoided (alcohol really does a number on me, even a tiny little bit)
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jims5543

I just promised myself this morning that when this beer in the house runs out I am not buying any more until April next year when it is my birthday.

I have fitness goals and as much as I like a good craft beer it is indeed inhibiting those goals.

Now moving on and not being a Debbie downer in a thread of funness, I introduced my BIL to a proper old fashioned and he is hooked.

We pounded a couple over Turkey then switched to Due South IPA's and had a fantastic Turkey Day.

Now I am relaxing and enjoying a tasty bourbon barrel Stout.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Mudhen

If there's a better reason to NOT LET THE BEER RUN OUT, I haven't heard one!   4.gif

Cheers, though.  I'm behind you all the way.  I won't tell you about the $3 big beer blow out Smuttynose had at their brewery last weekend, I guess.  OMG, that sale would save me hundreds!  (if I had taken more advantage of it...we did follow a guy out that had to use a hand truck   :-\ )

Jims5543

Ah yes, but I forgot to mention, I think I have enough stockpiled to get them through to April.  ;D

All kidding aside, I am just scaling it back a lot I need to step up my fitness game.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Jims5543

Ending a shitty week in fine fashion...

The hangover tomorrow will be epic...

Mudhen

Quote from: Jims5543 on December 05, 2015, 12:03:57 AM
Ending a shitty week in fine fashion...

The hangover tomorrow will be epic...

HOW ARE YOU DOING TODAY, BROTHA!  Oh, sorry...was that too loud?

Can I get you a mayonnaise sandwich with extra anchovies?

Jims5543

Felling pretty shitty but trying to finsh up the back splash in the kitchen.

As soon as I reached for the Makers 46 last night I knew I was making a bad choice.

Mrs5543 made waffles this morning fought through to get something in my stomach. 

jedduh01

A Local Flight For all to enjoy!

Mudhen

Quote from: jedduh01 on December 07, 2015, 09:00:54 PM
A Local Flight For all to enjoy!

4.gif

Did you hear that hops give men breasts?  I bet I could pump out a few bottles of IPA at this point in my life...

Jims5543

Is that the Right Hand Breast Milk Stout?

Jims5543

I made e-friends with a moderator many years ago on Bimmerforums. He is an attorney in Quebec and comes to Florida from time to time to visit family.

Last night we met up for dinner at Rock and Roll Ribs, a place opened up by the drummer from Iron Maiden, who can be found hanging out in there often. But not last night.
http://www.rocknrollribs.com/

They also have their own beer called Trooper Beer of course I had to try it:

Jims5543

94touring

LilDrunkenSmurf

This isn't even my final form.

jeff10049

FU Hennessy cognac with pineapple juice chaser just fu thats all I have to say about that.

Mudhen

Jims5543

I have not drunk to puking in years, I am putting it on my to do list for the Bahamas trip this summer. 

94touring

Tonight I'm making cocktails but also have a bottle of Tennessee Cider which is delicious.  Dinner and game night with two tall lovely ladies and Bill Hader Sr. 

MiniDave

Love the light saber taps!

Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jims5543

That Tennessee Cider, is it liquor of just cider?  I need to pick up a bottle or three.

I found this under the title of Fatherly advice.

94touring

It's liquor and very easy to drink straight.  Definitely try it out. 

Jims5543

Heading to Total Wine after work.

Jims5543

Jims5543