MMW 2015

Started by Willie_B, November 15, 2014, 05:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willie_B

Time for a mini adventure. I am in the planning stage to drive there. Only just under 2800 miles one way taking a northern route. I can return by a slightly southern route and stop in Tulsa if there is anything going on there.

So need to plan on lots of maintenance checks and overhauls. Then make a spares and tool list.

My wife still does not understand WHY I am even considering doing this.

94touring

What's the date?   Wondering if I'll be around.   Today was my first day back in over a month!

Willie_B

MMW 2015 is June 29 & 30 and July 1 & 2 in Abotsford BC . Then Tulsa is about 2100 miles from there so 4 days of travel. Probably in Tulsa July 6th or 7th.

94touring

I think I have vacation in June.   Keep me posted!

sparetimetoys

Sounds like a fun adventure.
Home of Global Warmer Racing. Saving the smog one car at a time.

Mudhen

Man, that sounds like an awesome adventure!!!

Where are you starting from?

Willie_B

Quote from: Mudhen on November 25, 2014, 04:05:51 AM

Atlanta, Georgia

Mudhen

Quote from: Willie_B on November 25, 2014, 05:23:14 AM
Quote from: Mudhen on November 25, 2014, 04:05:51 AM

Atlanta, Georgia

Can't get that much further from BC, can you...

This is going to be epic!   4.gif

Willie_B

Take a more northern route going up. Atlanta, Nashville, St Louis, Kansas City, Sioux Falls then hang a left (west) Spokane, near Seattle then north to Abbotsford BC.

Slightly more central/southern route back home. Head southeast from Seattle to Boise, near Salt Lake City, around Denver, Tulsa, Little Rock, Memphis, Birmingham, Atlanta.

Total mileage for just that without side trips is 5727.

jeff10049

Sounds like fun I kick around the idea of a drive to MME with my car when its done finding the time would be hard for me. 

But if the car is done for MMW I'd be up for it only about 450 miles from me maybe we could meet up in Seattle I'll bet check heleker sp? he's in Seattle will be driving might end up with a group of minis for the last 250 miles or so.

On your way back a drive along the Oregon coast could be fun but then again there is some cool canyons in Utah that you'd miss without some back tracking keep us posted.

Jeff

MiniDave

If you come thru KC, let me know...I have a fully equipped shop with a short rise lift in case you need to do any repairs or maintenance....

I would really like to go too, but haven't quite figured out how I can be gone that long.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Willie_B

Quote from: MiniDave on January 02, 2015, 11:43:35 PM
If you come thru KC, let me know...I have a fully equipped shop with a short rise lift in case you need to do any repairs or maintenance....

I would really like to go too, but haven't quite figured out how I can be gone that long.
When I read your post about your car I looked up your location. It's good to know of places along the way if trouble arises. Thanks

jeff10049

Same on this end got a full shop if you need anything. that goes for anyone on the forum.
Contact info in profile is need arises .

Jeff

MtyMous

If you need help in the Oklahoma City area, let me know. And if you continue through the Tulsa area, Dan's there... if he isn't out jetting around the world hanging out with flight attendants. Haha

94touring

Quote from: MtyMous on January 07, 2015, 07:17:23 AM
If you need help in the Oklahoma City area, let me know. And if you continue through the Tulsa area, Dan's there... if he isn't out jetting around the world hanging out with flight attendants. Haha
Someone has to do this  ;D

Merlin

Ill take sloppy seconds in Tulsa if the King is jet-setting.
Engineering the Impossible

Mudhen

I feel like this thread is going to a bad place.

94touring

Willie_B

Just sent my registration in. So gotta do it now.

MiniDave

What a trip you're going to have, I envy you...... 4.gif

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

Willie B, when are you leaving for Abbotsford?

Remember to check in with me if you come thru KC, I have a shop at your disposal should you need anything. Two of the three routes Google recommends go right thru KC.....

My number is 913-648-6339

Dave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Willie_B

Will be heading out June 23. Going thru Tulsa on the way up so I drop in on Dan. My return route does go thru KC, probably July 7 or 8. I will for sure give you a call, even if just for a visit.

MiniDave

Be sure to post some pics along the route and keep us up to date with your travels, OK?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Willie_B

Quote from: MiniDave on June 08, 2015, 10:05:43 AM
Be sure to post some pics along the route and keep us up to date with your travels, OK?

Guess it's time to learn how to use my smartphone as more than just a phone then!

MiniDave

Yep, newer phones take phenomenal pics for what they are, and you can post them straight to the Web - Facebook especially makes it easy for everyone to follow your trip.

Depending on what time you hit town, I know a great place for lunch or dinner. I'm in Overland Park, a suburb on the southwest side of town....keep my number in your phone too. Since I'm retired I'm free to help if you run into trouble along the way, don't hesitate to call, OK?

Wish I was going with you!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad