Radius arm bushing Reaming.

Started by AcesLow, October 12, 2014, 05:24:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AcesLow

Can anyone tell me a part number for the proper type of reamer I need? I know it needs to be 13/16 and the needle bearing has to be installed to support the reamer to do the job.  Taking a break from body work and getting the sub frames built up.

MtyMous

Aces,

I borrowed one from a friend, but it looked almost identical to this one.

He had drilled a hole in the end and tapped it to accept a bolt so it could be easily turned. Then he used some thick tape to match the inner diameter of the bearing to be used as a guide.

MtyMous

Sorry. The link in my first comment was all jacked up. Click the link and it should work now. Looks very similar to the one sold by fastenal. I deal a LOT with Fastenal and they are quality, but definitely one of the most expensive options out there. I've not used the sit eI linked to. It's just the lowest price I could find on the right specs.

AcesLow

Straight flute 13/16 reamer and its long enough.. I'm going to order it and try it

MtyMous

Aces. I sent you a PM last night. Check it before you buy.

Mudhen

Let us know how you make out...I was thinking this was a machine shop only thing but all you guys doing it on your own I might give it a go...

AcesLow