I am fuming right now.... HOA BS

Started by Jims5543, August 12, 2014, 06:33:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims5543

Yeah yeah yeah, I know HOA's are BS and if I do not like it MOVE!! (I will take a pic of my house tomorrow so you see the difference failing light stopped me from doing so when I realized I did not take one)

That said this HOA with its $65 a year dues has been hands off for the last 14 years. Then they got a "management company"

I received 3 violations today:

1. Please repair or replace the flat tire on the black vehicle  parked in the driveway. Until these repairs are made, please park the vehicle in the garage or outside the community.

2. lawn is too tall - please cut lawn (it has been raining for 3 days straight)

3. Driveway Remove oil  (LOL I own a BRITISH CAR!!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

My replay to HOA

Dear Carlos,

Please know this will be the only correspondence from me, and any mail you send will be returned until the rest of LeiLani Heights is up to the same level as my residence.

Please see the attached pictures of the residences around me.   Please let me know if these residences with all their weeds and overgrown lawns and dirt yards even come close to the level of maintenance of my property.

Also be aware, which is making me furious, the FLAT TIRE on my FJ Cruiser happened that day in the POURING RAIN, I repaired it that evening in the rain!! It is my wifes daily driver!! I am really loosing my patience with the bullshit from you. You need to stop with this seagull management, which is flying by once and shitting all over everyone, and actually doing your job. BTW- Thank you for knocking on our door and letting my wife know the truck had a flat. She could have driven it and wrecked it and you are only interested in making sure it was a violation. You are really a bottom feeder. A decent person would have alerted the owner of the vehicle of the situation immediately. Goes to show the kind of person I am dealing with here. I have no respect for you since you put my wife's life in danger.

My lawn was mowed the next day, since it was raining all day the day you did your "drive by seagull style" review of my property.

You have a shit ton of problems in Leilani Heights and my house is not one of them. I had to take my house off the market (yes it was for sale) because the houses around me SUCK and have ruined MY property value. So I laugh at your statement that you are tying to increase that. Great job!!!!

Last time you had a problem with my mailbox that my drunken neighbor runs over. Did you notice the $400 custom made by a local artist post that is there now? Nope! You just nitpick at bullshit while the rest of this neighborhood looks like a scene from the Walking Dead. This is insulting beyond belief and to be honest, almost a joke.

Do not bother to send my any more "Violations" until you have rectified the problems all around me. For example, the house to the South of me has weeds all over its front yard in its planters. (197530.img) The house to the south of that has stucco and no paint and parks cars all over its dirt yard. (197530.jpg) The house across the street has a dirt yard and cars parked on the lawn (195717.jpg) and the house next to that has a 3' tall lawn. (195721.jpg) Want me to continue? I can continue up the street.. There is a gem 4 houses north with a dirt yard and trash all over the yard for 2 weeks now.

How about tackling the real problems.   THEN work on the better maintained homes.

I feel like I am dealing with the mentally challenged here.  I really thought this bullshit was over.

Here, let me help you do your job.

Go around and grade the homes from A to F and then tackle the F's then the D's then the C's and then the B's..... you may notice that by the time you get to the C's the B's will be A's because they are seeing an improvement around them and WANT to step up their game. 

Stop wasting my time.

Oh and in case you have not figured it out, nothing is being changed on my property until the properties around it look like it.  I know this may be a lot for you to understand. So let me say it again, when the houses around me look as "shitty" as mine does, then I will improve my house. That was sarcasm by the way, because I am an Island upon myself surrounded by shitty houses that ruin my property value.

This experience had made me realize I may want to get involved in the HOA and boot frauds like you out. You are a waste of money and not interested in the better of our community just creating the illusion that you are actually making improvements here. Since your last "fly by sea gull style" nothing has changed with the shitty house but the nice ones improved.  This is beyond stupid.'

Houses to South and South further weeds all over yard and stucco not painted for 5 years now.

Abandoned house across street and source of mosquito pestilence, county will not do anything to stop the mosquito problem. I do it myself, with kerosene  22.gif

Rental house across street, unsure how many adults are living there one married couple and 2 singles best I can tell, one of the singles has no car.  Very strange people, no interaction with neighbors. Because Rental.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

sparetimetoys

Homo and queries assholecations suck big time. I will never buy a home where it's mandatory again. We sold and moved out of one five years ago. I would get nasty grams all the time about non op cars that were behind a gate or in my shop. Then we moved into a rental and it was in a HOA but the owner was two years behind on dues and I kept getting knocks on the door trying to collect. I would give them directions to the owners place and they would say are you sure your not the dipshit. I would say do I look like him ( I'm white he isn't) they would go away. We now live in a house where the HOA is optional. We don't join. They came past whining one day when the mini was outside and said I was breaking the rules. I said I'm not part of your club go away. Once the kids are out of here we will sell and go out in the country where I can breath and pee in my back yard if I want.
Home of Global Warmer Racing. Saving the smog one car at a time.

Jims5543

I was selling. my realtors main objective was to find a place on 1+ acres with room for me to play and NO HOA!! to be honest the only reason we purchased here was because the HOA was totally hands off!

Then the market crashed in 2008....

What we found was 1970's construction on 1+ acres for 400K+ and needing total renovation. ..... Pass...

We decided to stay put, pay off on 4-5 years then decide where we want to go. This house we are in will become a rental so I can torment my neighbors like they have me.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

I live in a highrise which is obviously HOA.  I'ts been tolerable here since I have no lawn and so forth.  Although once the manager guy wouldn't fix the broken internet after I asked nicely 4 or 5 times, he gave me some BS run around, and I tore him a new one in a bad way.  I got a call from the board ten minute after I left, who fixed the issue.   

Jims5543

My eyesore house:

This is also the mailbox, the old one was falling apart because it really did get run over by the neighbor in the blue house, she is always drunk has a couple of DUI's and backed out of her driveway over my mailbox in the past. We found it at a local art store, it was hand carved and painted. Also notice in this clearer picture the weeded planter and the grey house is not grey that is bare stucco that was applied 5 years ago and never painted.

Mudhen

Sorry dude, gotta side with Carlos on this one...clean up your shithole you're ruining the neighborhood!

(at the very least you're hurting sales for the meth lab across the street...)

We were supposed to have an association but it was never started so I think it's defunct at this point.  Some crappy houses didn't follow it anyway - can you imagine using asphalt shingles on your roof??  Loooosa's.....

Jims5543

Yeah, ironically I am saving up to put a metal roof on mine, the real expense is hiding underneath. I am having them pull the decking up and retrofit current hurricane code strapping to my trusses then redeck over kill with 3/4 ply. Probably going to set me back 30K - $40K.

That roof on my house cost me $4500 in 2003 today they want $18K for the same shingle job.

Mudhen

Quote from: Jims5543 on August 14, 2014, 05:41:00 AM
Yeah, ironically I am saving up to put a metal roof on mine, the real expense is hiding underneath. I am having them pull the decking up and retrofit current hurricane code strapping to my trusses then redeck over kill with 3/4 ply. Probably going to set me back 30K - $40K.

That roof on my house cost me $4500 in 2003 today they want $18K for the same shingle job.

I'd probably check with Carlos before you do that metal roof...  19.gif

It's never cheap to do a job right...is it.  OUCH.

All the houses in our development were supposed to have cedar shingles (all the houses were supposed to be reproductions).  The market was tanking though so the developer sold out and let other crap go in.  Prick.  But there's not a chance in hell that we'll ever be able to afford to replace the cedar.   :(

Jims5543

I came close to selling my current home in 2003 and buying in another subdivision where the HOA required Cedar Shade roofing. The roof on the house for sale was shot and I got a quote in 2003 for a new roof $30K, when a new roof on my house was $4500 for reference.

After the Hurricanes the HOA bent and will let metal roofs and Hardy Plank simulated cedar roofing instead.

Our roof is reaching the end of its life (15 years is the max we will get out if it, it is 11 now) so I have to start thinking about replacing it in the next 2-3 years.  Which sucks. The pool resurfacing this winter is going to be a pretty penny as well. But we want to do it right which, as you said, costs $$$.

Then I have Carlos doing drive by inspections once a year trying to find violations where there are none.

Oh, and I looked my driveway over and there are no oil stains. Not sure what that jackass was talking about.

Jims5543

The pic above is as tall as the grass will normally get unless there is a lot of rainy days then we have to wait.

That pic above was 2 days ago and here is today.

I am really at a loss as to what is wrong with my house that is needs to be gone over like this and cited for offences that are BS.  As you can see there is a LOT wrong in this hood and I try not to be the problem. It is frustrating and insulting.

Jims5543

The big reinspect day is either today or tomorrow I noticed everyone mowing their lawn today when I stopped home to shower before heading back to the office.

Ask me if I give a fuck?

My lawn is probably getting mowed tomorrow (I have a friend mow it that owns a landscaping company, he does the front yard only I do the back) and even if it does not it is 3" tall.

OH, I need to get a pic of the house across the street, someone came and mowed the lawn. It looks like shit.

Jims5543

What I learned this past week.

Do not fuck with your HOA. Tell them you spent a lot of money on a crafted mailbox and this is what you get.

Seems, mine is the ONLY mailbox in the entire subdivision that has been vandalized, not only was it punched, it was also tore out of the ground and thrown on my lawn.

What did I do?

Well, I like a challenge, so now there is 120 lbs of cement holding the post in the ground, tossed away is the flimsy pussy mail box and in its place is a 1/4" steel welded monster. Made by Ft. Knox Mailboxes.

http://www.fortknoxmailbox.com/

The mailbox alone weighs 70 lbs so in total I have 190 lbs of mailbox and cement.

The beast:

The surveillance now in place to catch the asshole that thought it was smart to vandalize my mailbox.

Sad I had to do this, sad even more, that it appears the HOA was behind this vandalism.

I would love to move, the timing just sucks. Give me 5 acres with no neighbors and I will be in heaven.

94touring

sparetimetoys

Kids in my folks neighborhood used to like to drive up on the curb and nock over mailboxes. I got tired of rebuilding theirs so I got a 7 foot 4x4 thick wall pipe form the "scrap" pile ai work and sunk it 4' in concrete and filled with concrete that holds the mailbox at their place. I painted the part sticking above ground to look like a ole wood post. About a month after it was up one morning dad went out and found busted turn signal lense but the box didn't budge.
Home of Global Warmer Racing. Saving the smog one car at a time.

MtyMous

We had some jackoff who was driving through people's yards in my parents neighborhood when I was in Highschool. He drove through my dad's yard (he takes a LOT of pride in his yard and it shows).

So what does my dad do? He spends all day fixing it, manually raking the grass blades to get them to stand up right and then lay in the right direction. Then we spent a couple hours that night taking 2" angle iron and 1" flat and welding it into makeshift stop sticks. They were low profile, sharp as hell, and would definitely blow out any tire that touched it if not completely shredding them. We put them in the little piece of yard just past the sidewalk. That little 1 foot wide section, a know? At that time in my life I was staying up until midnight or 1AM and even later on weekends.

Sure enough, Saturday night rolls around and what do I hear from the front yard? 3 VERY loud bangs. Sounded like 3 gunshots, but I knew exactly what it was. I ran to the window and found the pleasant sight of the douchebag with the pickup truck that lived on the farm access road adjacent to my folks' neghborhood. And he was riding on 3 rims down the street. I called the cops and the police followed his carvings into the road all the way from my house up to his driveway and into the garage. haha. I ran outside and grabbed out stop strips and when the cops came back my dad and I were just like "hmm. I guess he must have hit the curb really hard.

Douchebag had to pay for damages to our property, damages to city property, and got multiple citations. It was awesome.

94touring

Jims5543

MtyMouse - Great story, props to your dad.

Sadly, I am 100% positive this was done by Carlos.

Jims5543

See the Contender Boat in the background of this pic. I was talking with the owner yesterday, telling him about the mailbox assassination. After I told him I called Carlos mentally challenged I received a high five.   ;D  He went on to tell me he received a violation on his boat and has to move it from the right of way.  He is not even sure where he is going to put it.

It has never bothered me, he takes really nice care of his house, his yard is impeccable.... and he loves beer like I do.  So he is good people in my book.  It is almost comical how much shit the folks with the nicer homes that actually care and take care of this shit are being worked on by this Carlos clown.

MtyMous

Let me just tell you that I'm a man who has a distaste for other people's drama..... but I LOVE new posts in this thread. haha. It's like a TV series to me. What will happen next? lol

Jims5543

I received a HOA letter last week, it was obviously a violation again. I took a sharpie and wrote  R T S  in giant letters on the front of the envelope (I never opened it) and dropped it in a postal box.

I told the retard I was not opening another violation until the houses around me looked as bad as mine does. I guess he thought I was joking.

Nothing has changed across the street, the stucco house is finally painted 2 doors down, they painted it stucco grey.   :(

Everything else is exactly the same.

94touring

I had forgot all about your hoa problems! 

MiniDave

Well, now I would have at least read the letter - how do you know it wasn't the HOA praising you for bringing to their attention all the other problems in your 'hood so they could attend to them properly? Maybe there was a citation of merit in there?

After all, they did get the guy to paint his stucco!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

TJF

I lived in an HOA neighborhood once, but only once. I will not live in one again. I know that we don't truly own our property (just try to not pay your property taxes and see what happens), but I'll be damned if I will let some mealy mouthed busy body neighbor tell me what I can do to my yard or house. I'd say if moving out of the neighborhood is not an option then get active with the HOA and get control of it back to the residents and not the management company.

Jims5543

Quote from: MiniDave on October 05, 2015, 08:35:28 AM
Well, now I would have at least read the letter - how do you know it wasn't the HOA praising you for bringing to their attention all the other problems in your 'hood so they could attend to them properly? Maybe there was a citation of merit in there?

After all, they did get the guy to paint his stucco!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I know what the violation is without even opening, my driveway needs to be pressure cleaned. But the dirt lawn across the street is o.k.  Or the weed infested yards (hardly any grass) on both sides of me is o.k.  I am in a constant battle to try to keep my yard from being weed infested and it is not a cheap battle. 

We had a a very very wet month in September and the conc. driveway has black stuff growing on it from being wet so much and so long. I will get around to it eventually, it is not a priority.

We want to pay this house off and after the 12 year old graduates high school, move from here and make it a rental, which my neighbors and this HOA deserve.

MiniDave

Ha! If ya can't beat 'em....... 50.gif
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad