1960 Austin Seven resto

Started by jeff10049, August 10, 2014, 11:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparetimetoys

From your photos and TSUMINI's measurements my placard guy sent me this proof. It's on clear and goes into a pruduction run in 7-10 days.
Home of Global Warmer Racing. Saving the smog one car at a time.

Mudhen

That's awesome!  (was the extra 0 in 10,000 on purpose or a neat thing just to see how many people would catch it?)

sparetimetoys

Cool I didn't catch that ill let him know quick

94touring

10,0000....is that 10 hundred thousand? 

sparetimetoys

Yea that was the early K&N they didn't make a million mile filter back then.... lol. Actualy he has corrected it and has it showing 10,000 like it should now.

94touring

4.gif  I thought I was seeing something funny. 

Merlin

Probably something that he put in there to catch people copying the graphic and having it made somewhere else. I have seen people do this before with books and stickers. I am sure that he has the correct one with the correct spacing and numbering and that part is his demonstrator.
Engineering the Impossible

94touring

tsumini

Excellent Spacing and rendering of the logo were very good. If I remember placards they are lettering on clear stick on tape correct?
This will look good on my 19600 Austin 8500

sparetimetoys

Quote from: tsumini on August 26, 2014, 08:52:25 AM
Excellent Spacing and rendering of the logo were very good. If I remember placards they are lettering on clear stick on tape correct?

Yep done on clear.  PM me your email Ill forward the final proof to you.  I lost your email when my freakn phone acted up.

tsumini

wevebeenhad

Quote from: tsumini on August 26, 2014, 08:52:25 AM

19600 i see what you did there.. haha

jeff10049

Well I got the inside, boot, and engine bay painted today. Pain in the arse getting paint into all the places like battery box and rear bins. I found the best way for some areas is too turn the fan off on the spray gun and the fluid down can really get in the corners then with out running it. Came out really nice I hope the exterior lays down just as good I'm going to sand and buff the exterior but it'll be easy if it comes out good to start with.

94touring

Boot spraying sucks.  The interior is no fun either

jeff10049

Yes boot spraying sucks I think the sanding of the boot and interior sucked more than spraying though took three days the first time to sand, and half a day just to scuff the primer enough to paint.

Next up I will paint the inside of the boot lid and hood, I am trying to decide if I should paint the inside of the doors first and mask or hang them up and do all at once.

So 94 how much paint does the exterior of a mini take? I am using diamont uno single stage thinking of buying two more quarts for the exterior. I would like to get three good coats on so I can cut and buff safely.

Jeff

94touring

Well I use a 2 stage mixed 1:1, so I'm usually in the full exterior for about 2 quarts or a half gallon sprayable.  Interior/boot/underside is usually a quart.  Seems like a full car I usually end up going through 3 quarts.  An exterior respray is a quart.  Roof is about a pint.     

jeff10049

Thanks 94,

Got some more done, blocked and re primed the doors they are ready for final sand and paint.

Took the rear sub frame apart will take it Monday for powder coat along with front sub.

Also cleaned up and sandblasted a lot of small parts like, hand brake, spare tire hold down, pedals, few other things. Ordered new brake parts for rear sub, four new tires, new front door bin trim, also got a couple welded steel wheels so I have four for the car and i'll use the best old riveted wheel for the spare all the wheels are blasted and primed. Seven ent. had all the stuff in stock.
94 do you still sell more than body panels? I remember seeing more stuff in the store I thought.

Anybody have a good used 10" tire I can buy for a spare I just couldn't bring myself to buy a new spare now I feel like a cheap ass and wish I'd just got a new one.

I got the rear wheel bearings cleaned up and re greased they surprisingly looked like new when cleaned.

jeff10049

Got some of the small parts painted this afternoon so I can put the pedals and handbrake together next week.

jeff10049

Got the wheels painted tonight, cleaned up a riveted wheel and painted it for the spare.

AndrewR

The wheels look great in that color. Nicely done.

jeff10049

Thanks I think that is the correct stock color old English white called BMW pepper white these days.

Jeff

jeff10049

Got the car blocked out today also did the the boot lid, hood, and doors.
Painted the doors I will paint the rest tomorrow.

jeff10049

Wish me luck off to paint the car pics later today.

Came out good, some how I managed to run the paint on the hood really bad more like a waterfall than a run went all the way across! Managed to pull most of the run off with masking tape after about 15 min. of dry time old trick a painter taught me years ago. When the rest of the paint is dry enough to touch use some 1.5" masking tape over the run gently stick it down and then pull it off it will take the bulk of the run with it, then when the run  area is touch dry carefully wet sand it smooth and finish painting. That's what I did worked great never know it happened and I didn't have to wait and fix it another day.

jeff10049

Took all day to mask and two hours to paint.