Just purchased 1968 Morris Mini Cooper S

Started by Randy Dickson, July 01, 2014, 05:29:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy Dickson

I'm new to this forum.  After having a 1967 Mini Cooper S back in college in the 80s and a 20 year hiatus from old Minis, I decided to pull the trigger and get another.  After much looking, I found a 1968 Morris Mini Cooper S Mk II in Chicago.  It has been converted to left hand drive.  It has all the hallmarks of the S two tanks, numbers match, British Motor Heritage Trust Certificate.  Colors match the originals under three coats.  Oil cooler, power booster etc.  The engine has the 12G940 head with tappet covers too.  It is rust free. looks good and running, (although the front end needs everything) and I picked it up for $10,000.  It came with S wheels and a bunch of parts.  The interior is great, the body great, underside great, just needs some mechanicals.  I'm going to paint it BRG this fall.  Pics to follow.

94touring

Welcome to the forum and look forward to your pictures.

sparetimetoys

Welcome. Looking forward to photos. Where are you at?
Home of Global Warmer Racing. Saving the smog one car at a time.

MtyMous

Welcome welcome. Glad to see a new member. Can't wait to see some pictures.

Mudhen

Welcome aboard!  Sounds like a sweet car already...  4.gif

sparetimetoys

Nice car that little toy in the garage looks like it could put a smile on your face also 71.gif 77.gif
Home of Global Warmer Racing. Saving the smog one car at a time.

tsumini

Yes very nice car!
Just FWIW if you post engine pic on the other forum the first thing pointed out will be that the fan is on backwards. LOL

Jims5543

He has my dream car in his garage. I am going to build one some day, except mine will have a very loud 20B Rotary in it.   ;D 
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson