1980 Mini - LHD - Green - 1275 - daily Driver

Started by jedduh01, June 27, 2014, 07:00:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedduh01

Ready to move on to a different car rounding my Second year in this mini as a daily driver - just ready for a change.  And well -  3 mini's is just too many... Time to reduce by 1 and give love to other Mini and Moke.

Offering car here first- Small audience that understands minis and will not cause a HUFF an Puff-- Not currently listed locally.

1994 Mini - SPI -  LHD- Imported from Germany.  I purchased from US Military that imported it 2 years ago.

Long story - Lots of Maintaince and upkeep many receipts .  I have maintained and run this car about 18K Miles over the past 2 years - Daily driver- Road warrior - Great Car !   Full suspension has been replaced -- Cones- bushings- Shocks (gaz adjustable)   Comfortable .   Transmission has been rebuilt, Engine VERY solid oil pressure. 70 PSI Highwy hot. Finished 9th in the Moss Motoring challenge 2013!

Custom interior (from previous owners)   Cobra Buckets , Red White and Blue Door panel accents.  Wood dash - Wood wheel - Black carpet. Kenwood head unit.

Custom Vinyl - ( easily Removable )

New tires Jan / Feb 2014   - 12 x 5 - mag' wheels - Really Neat

Overall the car is an 8 out of 10 ==== There are some SMALLLL rust starting to show up here and there... Under headlamp buckets- Random door spot- RH A Pillar (looks like it was previously replaced).

Lots of other upgrades and upkeep constantly done. Make it more of a comfortable daily driver
  LED Interior lights that work off the door swithces
  Pair of 3.5 Speakers for a proper audio experience
  Oil Pressure gauge added
Full carpeted trunk kit for that nice fit and finish.

I would drive this car across country! (just not in the summer)

Located Charlotte, NC - Clean clear NC Title in hand.

12,500$ 

Please email - Message or call -    434 -  Two Two Nine - 7512

Can easily send more photos and info as requested.  (roof Rack - not Included.)

94touring

Interested in a 05 bini?  Or know someone who is?

jedduh01

Quote from: 94touring on June 27, 2014, 07:37:08 AM
Interested in a 05 bini?  Or know someone who is?

Personally - Looking for more space than a Bini...  Fun car tho... mom has an 06 . and have worked on plenty of them.  Will share the word locally.

jetmechinnc

Is your mini still for sale?  I may  be interested in taking it. I had the Kiwi mini you helped restore.  Got it all done besides upgrading the brakes and I think that is what caused the disaster.  The other night, coming home from work at 1:15 am, slowed to miss several deer and either the left front or rear locked up and slung me to the left and into a ditch which sent me rolling and upside down.  I'm Ok but Kiwi is gone, minus the great interior. 

Mudhen

Nooooo....wow, scary stuff!  Glad you're ok, though - that's what really counts.  What did you have on for a seat belt - just a lap belt or did that have shoulder belt, too?

Pat

jetmechinnc

Quote from: Mudhen on November 06, 2014, 10:59:44 AM
Nooooo....wow, scary stuff!  Glad you're ok, though - that's what really counts.  What did you have on for a seat belt - just a lap belt or did that have shoulder belt, too?

Pat

My car had 3 point harness for all 4 seats surprisingly.  Guess the New Zealand crowd liked more than just the lap belt.  Hit the brakes hard for a bunch of deer coming out the woods and onto the road.  One of the left brakes either locked up or just really grabbed more than the others and the car jerked to the left sending me into a ditch that I rammed then I guess flipped and rolled and was facing the road again, but upside down.  The seat belts held though.  no injuries besides sore neck.  Had to roll the window down and climb out, doors were all stuck shut.  Don't think I can repair kiwi, I'm guessing the body is buckled.  Sucks that if Hagerty totals it, which I'm assuming they will do, I can't take out any of the new interior, not even the shift knob, nor the new stage one kit from Mini Spares, etc.  Hit the embankment between 30 and 45 mph.  All while just switching for night shift for a couple of weeks to help out the company.  Really sucks. 

94touring

Glad you're ok.  That sucks horribly.  They don't allow you to buy it back?

jetmechinnc

Quote from: 94touring on November 06, 2014, 12:06:00 PM
Glad you're ok.  That sucks horribly.  They don't allow you to buy it back?

They said they can salvage it, and give me very little for the car if I choose.  Which would leave me with no money to even attempt a repair.  The structure repairs  are way beyond myself.  I only think I could save the boot lid, and the interior minus the head liner, along with the new carb and stage one kit. 

Nicholasupton

Jetmechinnc- depending on the insured value the car can be fixed at a shop, feel free to email me if you want to talk about options.

jetmechinnc

Quote from: Nicholasupton on November 07, 2014, 11:49:39 AM
Jetmechinnc- depending on the insured value the car can be fixed at a shop, feel free to email me if you want to talk about options.

The adjuster came out today, he'll tell Hagerty and I'll go from there.  I had a flat $10K value on it.  If they total it, I'll just get a check for that.  Where is your shop?  I'd say the body is buckled etc.  Looked on Minispares.com and they sell a whole body minus subframe for $9K. 

94touring

jetmechinnc

MtyMous

Dew it. I would LOVE to have started with a heritage shell. Still might have to do one in the very distant future.

jedduh01

I Have spoken directly with Jet - Sad happening. He for sure needs to settle with insurance fairly.

Green car is available -- i kinda removed from For Sale few months ago locally after many inquries - Fixing some rust that was found -The car  Is now rust free and getting a nose respray.
This is as heritage as you can get to - OEM ready to add gas and drive.  Lets not forget 1275 W disk brakes!

My math, In this case...
10K hagerty insurance -  Less say 2500$ keeping the wrecked car  - Vin is now"salvage"  you only have 7500$ to re build a car with
Heritage shell  - Dan - Can Shells be here delivered USA for 6K? or 8K  or 10K with shipping?  How long to deliver? And they're Mk V shells right?

Paint 2K
glass- trimmings- just quick overview- grille- bumpers 1000$ Possibly bent subframe- who knows what else is broke!  1000-2000$
you're in the hole. right here.

Time time time to deal with all this.

Still after all the parts swapping and headaches- Still 998 Engine + Drum brakes! Salvage title.

Not at all here trying to start a value war or such - Jet must make is decisions that will make him content. Personal choice.

Buy a runner.....

Willie_B

94touring

Price pre shipping with doors, boot, bonnet ready to paint is $6500.  Shipping is the unknown in this case.

MtyMous

No doubt it's the more expensive option. I don't want to tell anyone what kind of money I have in my mini. Not including the original purchase. haha. It's shameful. But I just don't care.