1962 Austin Mini Countryman internal tank

Started by CYCLEVOLUTION, June 08, 2014, 08:45:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CYCLEVOLUTION

Hi there,

My name is Bala, I am new to this forum and I will attempt to restore our 1962 Mini Countryman. The car has been sitting in my girlfriend parent's garage for years collecting dust and recently we were given an ultimatum to move the car into our own garage (I know... Didnt want to clutter our garage). Well, after doing a little bit of internet browsing, I was motivated/inspired to start/attempt our own project and I intend to do a complete restoration to this mini. With that said, budget is very limited and therefore, this "project" should take a long while, specially considering the fact that I would like to do it properly and cut as little corners as possible. Another big limiting factor is that I have no experience with bodywork or metal work or welding so I am not sure how this is going to pan out.

Anyhow, so far, we have towed the mini home, we have prepared our garage/working space and we have started the dis-assembly and parts cataloging.   

The shell condition is not horrible but there will be some panels that will need to be replaced I am sure (front floor panels looks like they have been repaired in the past and it was not done cleanly). I will let you guys be the judge, thanks.

...and here are some pictures:

94touring

Mudhen

Looks to be in pretty good shape so far!!

Now put some shoes on before you cut yourself!   22.gif

Pat

sparetimetoys

Home of Global Warmer Racing. Saving the smog one car at a time.

Jims5543

Quote from: Mudhen on June 08, 2014, 04:55:00 PM
Looks to be in pretty good shape so far!!

Now put some shoes on before you cut yourself!   22.gif

Pat

I am venturing a guess he is in Florida (I think I spy a Blue Antique tag on the back) if so then shoes are not required, we never wear them.

(posted from my office with no shoes on)

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson