putting out feelers. selling my 05 silver S

Started by 94touring, April 18, 2014, 01:39:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

I'm looking to sell my 05 mini S.  Just turned 102k.  In great shape, new rubber, clean interior, great paint.   No issues to speak of.  I will be replacing the windshield and fixing the passenger side door where a shopping cart hit it.  Any ideas what a fair price would be?

Mudhen

Quote from: 94touring on April 18, 2014, 01:39:01 PM
I'm looking to sell my 05 mini S.  Just turned 102k.  In great shape, new rubber, clean interior, great paint.   No issues to speak of.  I will be replacing the windshield and fixing the passenger side door where a shopping cart hit it.  Any ideas what a fair price would be?

$1100.

I'll be out once the repairs are complete - I did a fly-and-drive to Oklahoma City for my '05.  Never thought the guys reserve price was going to be so low...ooops...

I'd make a guess of around $8k.

94touring

Yeah I was researching and 8 to 10k looks like fair market value.   I have a classic mini in town lined up to buy that belongs to an old buddy of mine.   

Mudhen

Quote from: 94touring on April 20, 2014, 07:42:04 AM
Yeah I was researching and 8 to 10k looks like fair market value.   I have a classic mini in town lined up to buy that belongs to an old buddy of mine.

You're selling your '05 to finance another old one?   11.gif

94touring

Sounds perfectly normal to me lol.  My 05 is the newest car I've ever owned.  I've always been classic mini or high horsepower rotary engine rx7.  I'd rather have an rx7 right now but I can't fit that in the budget. 

Jims5543

FB's are insanely cheap they are VERY tempting, the only thing stopping me is lack of space to keep one.   ;D

Plus, they are so much fun to toss around.

But, I have to admit, tossing this Mini around is very satisfying, the damn thing has so much character.

Did you ever have the Supercharger serviced on the '05?  You would have to go to an Indy shop to do it, the dealership lets them burn up. @ 100K Miles they need to be pulled, opened and the fluid changed out. Or so I am told. I am willing to bet many go well over 100K problem free. 

What color is the old girl, post up some pics and tempt me...

My son drove his Girlfriends 05 to work today. It was Mini day at the office today.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

I haven't had it serviced, first I've heard of that, but honestly I just drive it from A to B and that's it.  It's silver, I'll snap a pic tomorrow. 

Mudhen

Never heard of servicing the supercharger either...might look into it, though.  189,000 on my '05' now.

Just got approved by MINI to have the rust around the rear tail lights and hatch fixed under warranty...  4.gif

94touring