A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims5543

LOL @ Tsunami

I have to wonder how cost effective this was.  Does the cost to have the 2nd floor lifted off the house and raised up 3 stories offset actually building a 3rd floor from scratch?

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Jims5543

Talked to two contractor friends about the lifted house job.

One semi retired contractor from New Jersey, knew the engineer on that designed the new house. Seems the contractor that contacted me underbid this job by 150K. I also worked for this contractor once before, well inherited the job because I did the survey work leading up to building a new home. The contractor was fired off the job because they could not get anything right. that house happened to be the NJ contractors personal home, he ended up finishing the house himself, even having to deal with lots of problems caused by the initial contractor.

I then discussed this project with a builder I work with every day, he only had one word when he saw those pics and heard they underbid, Clusterfuck.

All that said, I am stepping away from this job, I feel like it is a lawsuit in the making and I am not getting sued.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Mudhen

Quote from: Jims5543 on May 21, 2015, 04:04:22 AM
Talked to two contractor friends about the lifted house job.

One semi retired contractor from New Jersey, knew the engineer on that designed the new house. Seems the contractor that contacted me underbid this job by 150K.

The contractor that started building our house moved down there...sounds like the same guy.  lol.

On a different subject - I may need you to go check out a car for me:

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1988-lancia-delta-hf-integrale/

(as if I could really get $3k together right now - divorce fees alone would preclude me from getting it anyway   ::) )

Jims5543

I am not too sure how much I am going to be online this weekend, if all goes as planned I will add to the drunk thread sometime next week.  :D

We have a really big Family / Friends BBQ every year at our house, we skipped last year due to my best friend in the world (kokomo our Choc. Lab) being very close to her end, she passed in June last year...sniff... we knew a big bbq bash would not be good for her so we cancelled it.

So this year we are going all out, which means no time, I am wrapping up some paperwork right now, logging off my laptop and have no idea when I will look at a screen (phone included) again this weekend.

Everyone have a safe and fun weekend, and do not forget to pause for a moment and think of / thank those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for our country.

Not my dog just got a kick out of the pic.

Mudhen

94touring

Went walking around Arlington national cemetery.

94touring

Jims5543

Friday night we made our own rub and Jack Daniels BBQ sauce from scratch.

Then we pulled the membrane off the back of these pork ribs and but them into smaller racks, which would prove to be a mistake since my cooking surface in the Green Egg is different than I am used to. Lesson learned for next time.

Rubbed my meat.

The placed it in the fridge Saturday morning to sit until Sunday morning.

Fired up the smoker around 7 Sunday morning.

With over 30 people coming, hot dogs, burgers, chicken wings and ribs on the cooking menu, all hell was about to break loose, this was my last chance to take a pic Sunday while cooking. I also fired up the turkey fryer and boiled water for corn on the cob.

The ribs right as I was about to baste them and pull them out. They came out awesome, I was worried that the lack of water int he smoker was going to make them dry and it did not.  I was very happy with the smoke ring, the flavor and moistness of the ribs.  I cannot wait to smoke something else. The Green Egg is amazing, one chimney load of coals with a couple pieces of wood last 6 hours.  I was able to keep the temp rock solid at 250 all morning.

I had a blast yesterday, we are just being lazy today, besides family I had a couple of old friends, ex employees that worked for me when they were teens early 20's, they are great guys, both have families now and it was fantastic to catch up with them.

94touring

Jims5543

yeah I am pretty happy with it. It was a big investment but it is something I will use a lot for a very long time. My Weber gas grill is like 16 years old and still works as good as the day I purchased.  This Big Green Egg is guaranteed for life and as I said I will use it a lot.

Jims5543

There is a boat repair shop near my shop space where I keep the mini.

This is a serious WTF kind of boat.

There has to be a story behind the top top sign, not too sure I want to hear it either.

Jims5543

This summer my younger son is going to be working with me every Friday morning while my older son steps away from the Cad station and works with my helper running a crew.  This past Saturday the young guy and I went out and did a couple of very easy jobs.

This was in front of a clients personal home I needed to gather elevations so they can pool a new construction pool permit.

This was him after finding a property corner with the metal detector.

Oh and I am using the hell out of this BGE most of our meals are cooked on it.  Kielbasa and corn this evening.

Saturday night we made Pizza's.

Jims5543

94touring

I remember seeing those in Florida.  Can you eat them?

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on June 01, 2015, 03:44:48 PM
I remember seeing those in Florida.  Can you eat them?

Not sure, if you could I think there would be a line of people that would love to see them gone.

http://www.csmonitor.com/Environment/Wildlife/2009/1231/Peacocks-become-a-colorful-problem-in-Florida

I am starting to smell like smoke all the time.  Pork chops picked up at the green market were remarkable.

I shall stop posting pics of food from here on out it is cliche I know, just pretty stoked making an investment like this.

94touring

Great minds must think alike cause I did pork chops last night as well. 

Jims5543

Quote from: AcesLow on June 01, 2015, 10:01:20 PM
mmm Jack Daniels...

That there is Jack Daniels BBQ sauce, I am always extra generous when adding the JD into the recipe.  ;D

Quote from: 94touring on June 02, 2015, 08:10:48 AM
Great minds must think alike cause I did pork chops last night as well.

94touring

Great nod pic lol. 

Tonight I steamed crab legs and clams, and did potatoes, corn, and shrimp on the grill.  I need to start taking pics.  Baked a strawberry rhubarb pie too. 

Jims5543

A corn hole match broke out this evening while grilling.  ;D

Willie_B

MiniDave

That wasn't supposed to happen till you got to Kansas!  ;D
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring