A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims5543

Quote from: Merlin on April 25, 2015, 02:12:16 PM
I think this one should be in the drunk thread. YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICOOOO!

Have a fun!! Drinks lots of tequila and bonus points if you can get kicked out of Senior Frogs for public nudity.  Not that I know this from personal experience.  ;D
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Jims5543

These bastards were 2" long.... needless to say, I measure these 2 walls as far from that nest as possible.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

We had a bad hornet problem in the shop last year.  They were everywhere.   I finally bought 3 cans of spray and took care of the problem.

Jims5543

They were only my problem while I surveyed the house.  They are no longer my problem.  ;D

Jims5543

I have been putting this project off for too long. The previous owner of my house thought fence pickets would make a good retaining wall behind the pool pump.

It failed years ago. I finally built a proper wall behind it. Tomorrow I have to rewire it and replumb it.

Then I build a roof and front doors for it. 

Jims5543

My body decided it has had enough abuse from the weekend and yesterday.

Sunday I was up at 0630 and did not hit the sack until 0130 the Monday. Being fueled on Beer and Whiskey Sunday evening, I had to switch from Yard projects to work shit getting ready for Monday. then back up at 0600 and off to the office to get ready for the day. there was a slight hangover impeding my Monday as well. I may have had too much Whiskey if there is such a thing as too much. (see 80's music thread for evidence)

I crashed so fucking hard last night, I tried to dive into 2 other projects at the house. Wire up the Solar Panel Controller and drop the gas tank on the Mini so I can install a new fuel level sending unit.

Neither happened, I was seeing spots in my left eye. My 8 PM, much to my internal mental protest, I had to go and crash. I had drafting work to do, it is going to have to wait.

Now we have a tropical system off shore throwing rain towards us. So I will have this afternoon to catch up on paperwork.

The view in my parking lot yesterday morning. We ran 2 field crews for the first time since 2009. I ran a crew in the Mini with Renee as my helper. Mike and Vincent made up the other crew in old Blue.

Oh and status update on yard project, roof is on, sort of, it is just up there, I need to mount it on hinges so I can lift it up. Then shingle it and then make doors for the front of it.

The damn plumbing took way too long, many problems with the 3 way valve I had, It was a 2" valve and I had 1.5" piping, adapting was futile. I went to the pool store and bought a 1.5" valve and it solved the problem. Wiring was a breeze. Ran a new conduit over to the side of the enclosure and mounted the control boxes. I still need to wire up the solar panel control box. See above.

94touring

Jims5543

Ha ha!! Grow that thing out big and bushy. I looks awesome. It should be mandatory that all pilots have a mustache.....the woman too.

Mudhen

Quote from: Jims5543 on May 09, 2015, 03:50:20 AM
Ha ha!! Grow that thing out big and bushy. I looks awesome. It should be mandatory that all pilots have a mustache.....the woman too.

Because there's only 1 female pilot.

;D

94touring

Definitely more than one.  Here's my old pilot roomie from my Arizona days.  Should have seen her at the pool.   77.gif

Jims5543

There was a guy I knew from my Porsche days that his wife was a Captain.

I can probably find out the wifes last name, she worked for American IIRC.

There were quite a few pilots on Pelican Parts Forums, one was a Certified Aircraft Mechanic / Pilot and certified EMT / Paramedic.

He worked as a private pilot for a VERY wealthy individual and flew all over the world, from the ME to Russia to Africa, all over Europe and South America too. He was the ultimate private pilot because he could step in and help in any situation especially if they were in a remote location and needed a repair or had a medical emergency.

He must have made serious money he had a lot of toys.

Jims5543

Almost done! Solar controller wired up. Had a bad sensor out of the box. Ordered a new one and will warranty the kit one to save time.

I used old fence pickets for the doors and I still have to mount the roof. Finally done with this thing that yook way too long.

Mudhen

Looks good!!

There are two things in these recent posts I want to do.  One is a solar project...for what, I have no idea, but it seems cool.

And the other is Dan's pilot roomie... :-\

Jims5543

Well, these solar panels only make heat, they are just black sheets the pool water runs through.

I would love a electrical solar array on my roof. I have a customer with one and he claims his electric bill went from $150 a month to $30. I love the Tesla entire home battery + solar setup.

Oh and yeah, since my panels are not shutting off on their own yet, I had left them on all day today, pool temp was 93 this evening.
sounds hot right? Well the outside temp is 78 right now. I just got out of the pool and it was glorious.

MiniDave

Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jims5543

To swim year round? Sure why not.  Plus our wimpy asses like it around 90° LOL!! My pool is in the shade all afternoon so the panels help throw heat into it.

If I did not have them on my pool would be in the mid to upper 70's right now. Perfect for New England too cold for us.

Trust me, it sounds too warm until you go swim in it in the evening. It is amazing.

94touring

Since I'm sitting reserve and don't have scheduled trips that put me up in hotels, I finally had to break down and get a crashpad in Dca.   Picture a two room apartment with 4 bunk beds in each room with blankets stapled up for privacy.   The highlight of every 35 year old airline captain.   

Jims5543

That is a cool tent, my 11 year old would love that.

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on May 14, 2015, 07:24:43 PM
Since I'm sitting reserve and don't have scheduled trips that put me up in hotels, I finally had to break down and get a crashpad in Dca.   Picture a two room apartment with 4 bunk beds in each room with blankets stapled up for privacy.   The highlight of every 35 year old airline captain.

I was showing Mrs5543 the pic of your super cool bed, she just left Alexandria Saturday to come home. She wondered what a 2 bedroom place goes for up in the DC neighborhood, if you do not mind me asking.

94touring

To be honest I'm not sure.  The crash pad is split among a bunch of nomad pilots and they run $250 a pop.  My cousin just bought a one bed condo downtown dc and I want to say it was like 350k.  My condo in Tulsa was a whopping 53k, or as I call it, free.

Jims5543

My smoker box rusted out last summer. Decided to just spend some dollars and buy the last smoker I will ever buy.

94touring

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on May 19, 2015, 05:06:45 PM
Never used one but curious of the quality.

Looked at a $300 one at Lowes and it was much lesser quality. The Big Green Egg has a lifetime warranty so if anything wears out, it is replaced. Which seems to be impossible. I was told one load of coals will smoke for 8+ hours easy.  I will know this weekend.  ;D

Something you do not see every day. This is what you do when you are beyond wealthy.

You buy a 2 story home that needs a renovation badly, it is a second home for these people, a weekend home on the water.

They start renovating, then decide it sucks, so they have the second floor lifted off the first floor and demolish the first floor.

Now they are building a 2 story home under that old second story then putting that second story on top as a 3rd floor. 

tsumini

I did that one time with a car radiator cap.

94touring