A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

The ones I found were for Jeeps, just basic 7" round lights but designed as HIDs from the get go. IIRC about $300 the set.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MtyMous

Here's the write-up on how I made my own. I'll be making new housings/cups for the back of the headlight while finishing the rest of the car. The other creative lighting solutions will have to remain a surprise because I don't know if I'm doing them yet or how I'm going to implement them cleanly if I do decide to follow through.

http://www.motoringunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22619

Jims5543

Went to Tampa for the weekend.

Reason was to go to the Dali Museum.

Mrs5543 found a new man.

We rode a trolley (hence me drinking 3 ipa's.)

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Jims5543

Stopped at Bok Tower on our way home. Having driven by the sign pointing its direction, I decided to see what it was all about.

It was a great way to break up the 3 hour drive home. A little history about it if you are interested.
http://boktowergardens.org/tower-gardens/our-history/

Bok Tower is on a hill called Iron Mountain near Lake Whales, Florida, the elevation at the top of this "mountain" is a staggering 298 feet above sea level.

Here is a view looking out from the top of the "mountain."

This is Bok Tower, it is a bell tower that has a keyboard player who plays songs on the bells. A lot of people were sitting under the oak trees having picnic lunches. It was very serene there.

There is a moat around the tower, this is pic of the moat.

View of the grounds around the tower.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

94touring

Took my cousin on a little underground tour this morning on the way to the coffee shop. 

MtyMous

Jims5543

Jims5543

Driving through a subdivision today and see this in a garage.

Talked to the owers friend, who was at the house looking after things for the owner. Notice the British floor protection.

Jims5543

This car needs its own thread. Just got back Miami more later when I am on a computer. This is an amazing car.

Jims5543

Chamber of commerce day here in Stuart Florida.

65° sunny and no wind. I wished I had taken the boat over to the riverfront.

Merlin

Felt like it was time to move the reloading bench from the garage to the game room. That way I can reload on shit days and work on the mini when its nice. I also have to creating more space for the four motorcycles I have.

Oh yea, and the mini as well...

Daughters not sure if its her toy or mine.

Mmmmm single malt and 9mm.

Engineering the Impossible

Jims5543

Ohhh!! Look Merlin has a poop machine!!

Cute kid!!

Nice job on the reloading station. I do not shoot nearly enough for that to work out for me.

Merlin

Oh believe me, there was a lot of cost to payoff ratio based on multiple variables to determine when it became cost effective.

The reloading station, not the kid... She's a bad but cute investment!

Jims5543

I ate a BS burger yesterday. Burger Shack in Hobe Sound, yes, we decided to drive 15 mils to check the place out after leaving the waterfront concert.

We stopped on our way home and went for a 2 mile hike. We heard wild boars, did not stick around to meet them.

You need to pay attention and not walk into one of these. Gian did years ago, he is mentally scarred from it, we had to go find a drug store and get tweezers, our first aid kit now has them in it.

Someone was busy collecting bones, not us, we saw this on the side of the trail. We felt it may be a warning.

Merlin

Mudhen

I think my MINI will be staying right where it is for awhile...

The only thing amazing about this storm is how fast it's hitting - last night at 11 we had about an inch on the ground...and they said it's supposed to go until tomorrow morning.   :(

Jims5543

I was wondering how you were doing up there in the Great white north. Stay warm and enjoy it.

Jims5543

Walking back from lunch moments ago...

Let the hating begin.

94touring

Jims5543

LOL!! Damn you global warming!!

All I can say is lets compare in a few days again.  ;D

MiniDave

Yeah, 75 and delightful here in KC, but I know by early Feb we'll be scraping ice and shivering again..... :(
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad