A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims5543

Super cool!! Do you have a 3D printer?  I have another car friend that is an engineer and a motorcycle nut as well and he has been making plastic replacement parts for an old cafe racer bike project he is working on.

What software are you using to design?

I never learned 3D cadd design, it was in its infancy when I was taking cadd  classes.

That is neat, make sure to post up a pic of the finished product.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

That deserves a thread of it's own or an article in the diy section.

MtyMous

Quote from: Jims5543 on December 11, 2014, 04:19:49 AM
I have another car friend that is an engineer and a motorcycle nut as well and he has been making plastic replacement parts for an old cafe racer bike project he is working on.

Sounds like you know my brother. Lol. Lives in Gainesville, builds cafe racers, uses 3D cadd and a 3D printer.

I'm buying a 3D printer soon, but every time I look at them I want to buy the next one up and eventually I'm trying to justify spending $5k on a printer. Lol. I ultimately want to be able to print in ABS.

94touring

At the shop in Mke waiting on my plane to be fixed.

tsumini

My son's E30 M3 with 400 hp S65 V8 today at
Roebling Racetrack outside of Savannah GA.
SCCA club racing.
Trying to load photo but spinning its wheels.

sparetimetoys

Quote from: 94touring on December 11, 2014, 11:45:38 AM
At the shop in Mke waiting on my plane to be fixed.

While you are there get some Copps frozen custard and a Rockey Racoco Pizza.  Man I miss that stuff.
Home of Global Warmer Racing. Saving the smog one car at a time.

AcesLow

Quote from: Jims5543 on December 11, 2014, 04:19:49 AM
Super cool!! Do you have a 3D printer?  I have another car friend that is an engineer and a motorcycle nut as well and he has been making plastic replacement parts for an old cafe racer bike project he is working on.

What software are you using to design?

I never learned 3D cadd design, it was in its infancy when I was taking cadd  classes.

That is neat, make sure to post up a pic of the finished product.

No 3D printer. Just have a contact with a guy with a six axis CNC mill. I want to make a few little niche mini parts like DSN does.

I want to make a billet turn signal arm. I have seen them before but not for a long time. and I need to make my DSN pedal through shorter as I am running an R1 engine  and the stock pedal dimensions makes it super sharp apparently. There is a few more but I'm keeping them a secret just in case I am on to something.

I am using solidworks 2007 and I am by no means good at it yet.I know Autocad 2006 like the back of my hand. Not alot transfers over. Youtube has been very helpful though.

Jims5543

Quote from: tsumini on December 11, 2014, 03:32:08 PM
My son's E30 M3 with 400 hp S65 V8 today at
Roebling Racetrack outside of Savannah GA.
SCCA club racing.
Trying to load photo but spinning its wheels.

Gonna have to show my son this one, awesome car!!  More pics if you have any, would love to see the engine bay.

I ended up purchasing that E30 pictured earlier. I am closing the deal next month after the holidays.

I am trying like hell to sell the RX8 now.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Jims5543

We had a Sicilian Pizza showdown Friday evening,  there was an argument over which local place had the best pie, so we ordered from both and did a face off.

We also had a nice fire that evening. Has some family over for the evening.

Saw this in front of a restaurant called Cowboys here in Florida.

Went to the green market this morning, this is a 6 day old goat:

Detailed up the RX8 this afternoon anticipating a final push to get it sold this week.

Merlin

Quote from: AcesLow on December 12, 2014, 05:13:41 AM
the finished product.

No 3D printer. Just have a contact with a guy with a six axis CNC mill. I want to make a few little niche mini parts like DSN does.

I want to make a billet turn signal arm. I have seen them before but not for a long time. and I need to make my DSN pedal through shorter as I am running an R1 engine  and the stock pedal dimensions makes it super sharp apparently. There is a few more but I'm keeping them a secret just in case I am on to something.

I am using solidworks 2007 and I am by no means good at it yet.I know Autocad 2006 like the back of my hand. Not alot transfers over. Youtube has been very helpful though.

If you are interested, send that part file over to me and ill punch it out on the CNC machine at work. I also have a few special parts I have been working on in my very spare time.

Engineering the Impossible

Jims5543

I miss working in a machine shop, I enjoyed it a lot.

I might have the RX8 sold, I have 3 people all corresponding with me at once.

Seems like a good, deal, not sure where I would put a 99 cent fountain though.

This guy must have loved doors, these were on his carport.  This was a house I was surveying.

94touring

MtyMous

So here's a picture of me doing what I do every day now. Haha. Freaking love my job. Program manager for the B-1's. If you don't know me, I'm the guy standing right in the middle next to the nose.

Jims5543

Mtymous - that is freaking rad. Cool gig. Very interesting project.

So we did some wandering around Saturday, while errand running and feeding our faces.

I love this old girl, she is 7 years old now, has 140K miles on her and the only problem she has given me is some rear axle seals. My fault, putting synthetic gear oil in, she now has dino oil and is much happier, well, she has new seals too.

We went to the Beach, the beach has sea rats with wings.

The reason we went to this beach was to check out the erosion. See the rock crop coming off the shore there, that is the extreme north end of what is the reef system that runs from there all the way down into the Florida keys. It is called bathtub reef in this area. You can see the waves breaking over it. Sadly storms and mother nature never intended for this area to be developed and as you can see, the sea, is trying to reclaim some of the property where homes are.

http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=27.187416&lon=-80.159533&z=17&m=b

They built a man made dune line this year in anticipation of the winter wave season coming.

Mrs 5543 sent me to the market Saturday afternoon to get breakfast stuffs, I got this, she was not amused.....

94touring

I designed a bathroom for a friend.   She wanted to put in a washer and dryer and also retain the sink.   Here's what I came up with. 

Jims5543

Great idea Dan, I like the 2 cabinets on either side of the mirror as well that recovers some lost storage space.

Want to design my kitchen?

94touring

Jims5543

Just noticed, all of Dans "friends" are she's.

Well played.........

94touring

Lol  :D. I'm a bit of a ladies man.  This was dinner Friday night with part of my group.  I was the camera man.

Jims5543

Nice Harem Dan.... One for each weekday? You take the weekends off?

My buddy caught some flounders.

I have a new girlfriend:

I was in Vero Beach today I thought this was a really neat house:

My helper and I surveying a house today, he is wearing our company save the boobies t-shirt. edit - And Yes, we are in shorts and t-shirts, have the air on in our houses and cars, it was 83 today. My kid and niece were in the pool today. Welcome to Florida.

Have a happy holiday fellas.

Merlin

My new toy!

Its a little second operation lathe. I got it at a local auction for stupid cheap. Its a 3/4hp 230V 3phase lathe, so I bought a little 1hp VFD for it that will take in 120 single phase and output 230 three phase. A little wire magic and some cleanup and this will be in my garage in no time

Engineering the Impossible

jeff10049

Sweet did you get both chucks, the collets and closer? Is that a hardinge?
I have  a couple lathes and a mill nice to have when restoring a car.

Jeff