A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims5543

Thought you guys might like this. John Lennon in George Harrisons Mini in 1967

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

sparetimetoys

I know it's a euro thing but what is the little light thing just below the roof and behind the door?
Home of Global Warmer Racing. Saving the smog one car at a time.

Jims5543

Spare time.... I have no idea what that light is for.

I went to a happy place for lunch yesterday.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Mudhen

Someone on the Mk1 forum just mentioned yesterday early shells being identifiable by an external mount for the seat belt...maybe Harrison converted the existing hole to a light or something?

And what's up with those rear tail lights being sideways...

Jims5543

They were setting up the Randall at the Gastropub while I was there with MRS.5543 having lunch.

Citrus, coriander, clove and cinnamon infused Belgian White.  I had one of the first test tastes and it was good.

Jims5543

I call this one 40mpg and 100 mpg. Got to drive both around today running errands. Still tweeking the carb on the Mini. It is running pretty decent but needs... something not sure what yet. Might be too lean or rich gonna yank a plig and take a look.

sparetimetoys

Home of Global Warmer Racing. Saving the smog one car at a time.

94touring

Bird is the word.   I got 2 or 3 on landing.   

Jims5543

Sparetime - Mmmmmm steak.....

Dan - Mmmmmm chicken.... or is it seagull?

94touring

94touring

Oh and Jim here's the dyno sheet.  It's lacking the ignition amp (10hp increase dyno'd proven) and I think I'm going to reroute the waste gate back to external dump but resonate and muffle it.  All my research showed up to 20hp gains due to exhaust flow increases.   406rwhp to 425 might be nice.  Radiator is ready to go in too.  Going to try to pick it up the 14th. The turbo is a precision 6266. 

Jims5543

400 to the wheels? Perfect!!! Do not fuck with it. Just do TLC mods now, cooling cooling cooling!!  Make her happy, premix her (about 6 ounces per tankful) I use amsoil premix. Then enjoy the hell out of her.

How is the lambda? A/F ratio?

Also, wow, 16 PSI?? Is the engine built for higher boost? Remember I am a very conservative tuner so on a stock motor I would tune to 12 PSI, 16-17 PSI is doweled territory in my conservative world. My engine was built for 24 PSI and was tuned for 18 and run at 15.

400 RWHP is a handful, do not get greedy and just enjoy it. The guy that bought my RX7 is self tuning for 18 PSI so he can race 200K cars and is going to blow the engine, if he has not already, he has already detonated while tuning.

Jims5543

BTW - That Ruckus is good money spent, I run all my errands on it and take it for a spin every evening just to relax.  It is a blast to scoot around town with. I may take a spin out to the beach early one morning or evening to unwind.

94touring

The 16psi looks more like a little boost spike/creep.  It settles down to 15psi.  Cooling mods and ignition amp to settle down the ignition breakup at the end are fo sho being done.  I also will be premixing on top of the omp doing it's thing.  I looked at pettits website where they showed premixed engine tear down vs unpremixed and it's obviously better for the engine.  They claim 30% less wear and tear.  They also recommend purple royal synthetic which I'm planning on trying out. 

94touring

94touring

tsumini

Hmmm... was wondering how you were going to get the Bus thru that itty bitty hole.

Jims5543

I am spending way too much time at this Gastropub. It is a great place with lots of great beers.

God I LOVE new car road trips, I have some fond memories from when I purchased my 1980 911 and drove from Kansas City to Florida through the smokies.

Enjoy the trip Dan the car looks stunning.

This one was called Miles Davis Bitches Brew.

Last weekend we went out to a little dive place on the water, you sit at picnic tables in the sand. Great way to spend an evening. They serve PBR Tall boys here. Win!

It was Brodozer day at my office today. I decided to be the c c c combo breaker:

94touring

Couple more.  This van said logistics and technology on the side.  It might be the creepiest things I've ever seen. 

Also pictured is a bag of candy someone left in the cockpit for us. 

94touring

Picture of the simulator I have to deal with once a year for 2 days/8 hours. 

MiniGene

Yay! I finally have a smartphone that takes pics.

Here's a pic of a Wild Goose I saw at a recent show.

tsumini

Try rotating the pic 90 degrees and save. Then post the rotated pic.

MiniGene

I don't know if I can do that with the pic while it's on my phone....sorry, this is my first iPhone and I'm kind of dumb. LOL