A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims5543

That patio would look so good with a TAN umbrella.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

94touring

gr8kornholio

I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

Jims5543

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

Jims5543

Sad that this is my excitement lately. Working way too much. Sunday I am firing up the BGE and smoking some St. Louis ribs. In anticipation of this monumental event I began prepping tonight, Friday night.

Mrs.5543 prepared the rub, we altered past recipes that were too salty and hope this one is the winner.

I prepared the Jack Daniels BBQ sauce. Mrs.5543 was not pleased when I purchased a bottle of JD to cook on the stovetop. She argued there were about 10 bottles of whiskey  in the liquor cabinet, I told her in no uncertain terms would I cook ANY of those spirits. She doesn't get it.

It finally cooled enough to put in an empty JD bottle I keep just for this sauce.

Off to bed tomorrow my older son wants me to go a gun show with him.

BruceK

As the Stones once sang, What a drag it is getting older. 

I am in Florida visiting my wife's elderly parents and I just helped set up their pill cases for the upcoming week. 

Geez.   Better living through chemistry, eh?
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

Jims5543

I remember Mrs5543's grandfather having a counter of pills to take.  Yes better living through chemicals. Brought to you by ypur pharmaceutical rep.

Where in Florida you at Bruce?

Gun show shenanigans occured. More later this one is made in South Carolina great starting point for my adult erector set.

BruceK

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

Jims5543

I used to live in Palm Bay, my good friend Kevin lives in that area still.  The one with the E30 M3 and now E30 318is with a S14 in it.

If you are still in the area and you like good food, an amazing view and craft beer on tap and in bottles, try to hit up The Mansion. Go there for no other reason other than to sit up on the top level and take in a sunset.

The market on the first floor is very cool too.

http://thebigmansion.com/

If you want a pretty decent Florida dining experience check out Hemingway's Tavern, it is in a strip mall shopping center with a movie theater. We were really impressed.

https://goo.gl/maps/C7oCCAHE7A42

BruceK

Thanks for the recommendations Jim.  We are pretty tightly booked on this trip with lots of errands and very little free time.  But I'll see if time permits.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

Jims5543

If you need anything let me know, I am 70 miles south of you.

Kevin is in town, if you need a suggestion for a contractor or anything let me know and I will put you in touch with him. He is very good people.

gr8kornholio

Quote from: BruceK on May 13, 2017, 11:37:24 AM
Took Emma, my Mini out for an unplanned 3 hour drive in the country this morning.   No traffic,  perfect weather, great roads, and the car ran great.

Bruce, did you happen to document your route?  If I get some free time  22.gif lately, I need to do some google mapping.  Havn't even had time to drive the mini since the wheels got balanced.

"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

BruceK

No. I didn't document it. It was a spur of the moment decision to go on the drive - I know those country roads really well from lots of motorcycle riding out there.  Once I get home from Florida I'll map it out and share with you.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

Quote from: BruceK on May 22, 2017, 07:30:06 AM
No. I didn't document it. It was a spur of the moment decision to go on the drive - I know those country roads really well from lots of motorcycle riding out there.  Once I get home from Florida I'll map it out and share with you.
Mark, here's the general overview of roads I took.  I'm not skilled enough with Google Maps to show the entire route as it keeps trying to find the shortest way to the destination - totally unneeded feature for pleasure drives.   

There are many additional roads I took but Google won't let me add them to the route -- I've maxed out Google's capabilities to add more 'detour' roads to the trip.   

If you know a better way to lay out a detailed route with changes in road names about every couple of miles, please let me know.

Basically, there are lots of great roads (well, great for the area where we live) out in the country up north of 380.   

Basically, the first image is south and then the following images move north.  The final image is a high level overview.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

Rarely spotted in the wild, I saw the elusive Bugeye behind a house in Florida earlier this week.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

Saw this last night at the airport.

You may think you know what this is, but you're probably wrong.   

It's NOT a pay phone.   Care to venture a guess?   (for some reason, the photo is rotated 90 degrees, but the device sits normally)
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

White courtesy phone......in stainless?   ;D
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

Thanks Bruce,  I'll have to play with google and see what I come up with.  At one time I had a great drives app that would let you route out drives and save and share them. 

94touring

I rotated the pic for you...the forum doesn't know how to rotate pics.  I use an app on my phone called reduce photo size to orientate pics from my phone to get them to work.

Anyhow, I should know what the phone booth is about but never oay attention to them in the airport. 

MPlayle

Well judging by the placard, you can at least call 911 Emergency on that phone.

MiniDave

One of those you use to call for a ride to an area hotel?
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Thanks for fixing the photo Dan. 

It's not a courtesy phone. 

It's the opposite of a pay phone.  It's a free phone open to anyone to make phone calls at no charge whatsoever.   

Over the course of sitting nearby for one hour, I saw exactly zero people use it.  Of course, with the advent of speed dial and especially 'contact lists' on our cellphones, nobody actually knows the phone numbers of their friends or family members anymore, so I doubt anyone would use this free phone.  Plus, who doesn't have a cellphone these days instead?

In light of all that, it could almost be a modern art installation. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

Out on a drive in the Mini with my wife this morning.  Just spotted this. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S