A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceK

It worked for me!  I can spin all around like with a Google Street View.   

Very cool! 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

stan360

Something is wrong, I don't see any concrete.   

Jims5543

Moon rise approximately a fortnight ago.

Took Lucy to the beach for the first time, she had a blast, she was unsure of waves, we will revisit that this spring.

The Samsung 360 Camera, gonna take some cool pics these next few days.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

BruceK

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

Screenshot taken tonight during a broadcast of NBC Nightly News.    I'm guessing they are a little too busy deciding how to slant the news each night that they can't spend time on checking spelling?
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

gr8kornholio

I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

Jims5543

I picked my son up from school today, we stopped downtown and took a pic on our way home today. The sun was bright, we thought we were hiding behind the fountain. LOL!!

SAM_100_0031 by Jims5543, on Flickr
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Jims5543

It never dawned on me to ever hit up this amazing Pizzeria in town for lunch. I did that yesterday. Got a front row seat at the bar for the firing up the of the brick over for the dinner service.

John Gervais

Very nice!  We've got a brick-oven pizza place around the corner run by Italian Italians (from Italy - you should hear them chattering and carrying on in Italian).  It's a really busy place and the food is great, but we haven't been there in about a year for some reason.  I rather miss the 'natural' flavor that the pizza acquires.
- Pave the Bay -

Jims5543

The owner of this place grew up in Sicily and has a few Sicilian dishes on his Menu, MRs.5543 grew up on Sicilian food so she loves this place.  It is always packed so we rarely eat in order take out a lot though.

Jims5543

In exactly one week from now I will be sitting in a cabin in Island Park Utah, which is near the west gate of Yellowstone.

My buddy who organized this trip keeps sending me teaser pics, this is supposedly where we will be, pic taken yesterday or today.

It was 85° here today I drove with the AC on in the Mini taking my son home, the AC is on in my house and in my office.

This is hard to comprehend.  How do you pack for this in 85° weather?

Trust me, 3 pairs of thermals, and a bevy of items from LL Bean all ready to go but still.......

towjoe

John Gervais

It sure does!

"How do you pack for this in 85° weather?"

Wool, lots of wool...
- Pave the Bay -

Jims5543

Quote from: John Gervais on February 24, 2017, 06:45:07 PM
It sure does!

"How do you pack for this in 85° weather?"

Wool, lots of wool...

"Bevy of items from LL Bean"   ;D

I have it covered.

Merlin

I don't  have the 360 camera, but I abuse the pano mode on my phone alot. Heres a few 360s from my last trip to Ecuador. Conveniently made a business trip into an extended date.

This is us paddling in a volcanoe lake...  at 12K ft

This is a 160 shot of the capital city from the top of a mountain 14Kft.

here is us in the steeple of one of the cathedrals in downtown Quito. Something you can only do in a 3rd world. Sketchy AF.

Haha, Photobucket sucks the D.
Engineering the Impossible

tsumini

Quote from: Jims5543 on February 24, 2017, 05:18:05 PM
In exactly one week from now I will be sitting in a cabin in Island Park Utah, which is near the west gate of Yellowstone.

My buddy who organized this trip keeps sending me teaser pics, this is supposedly where we will be, pic taken yesterday or today.

It was 85° here today I drove with the AC on in the Mini taking my son home, the AC is on in my house and in my office.

This is hard to comprehend.  How do you pack for this in 85° weather?

Trust me, 3 pairs of thermals, and a bevy of items from LL Bean all ready to go but still.......

Don't get sucked into buying a timeshare. ...Island Park Utah...   They are EVIL

Jims5543

Quote from: tsumini on February 27, 2017, 06:41:15 PM
Don't get sucked into buying a timeshare. ...Island Park Utah...   They are EVIL

LOL!! Nope already own a Timeshare in Atlantis Paradise Island Bahamas.  It took us a while but we finally figured out how to make it work for us. Last year we used it, this year we cash it in for enough Starwood points that we can book about 7-10 hotel nigh stays with the points. Or use them towards plane tickets.

The cabin we are staying in is actually a timeshare, my buddy Kevin traded his for it, I am on the hood to him for 1/5 of the maintenance fees and any transfer fees he incurred.  His timeshare is a cheap Cocoa Beach one so it does not have thee trading power my Atlantis one has.

We have traded for Palm Springs, Phoenix and we love the Bahamas so we use our unit a lot too.  I am not in the market for any more.

We were trespassing yesterday on Florida East coat Railroad right of way in order to get a job completed. They have no sense of humor when they find you on their right of way. Even though Florida Statues give Land Surveyors the right to go on their land, they still will give you a lot of grief if they see you.

Had to locate some property corners and push the line further north, previous customer purchased the land to the north of him.  I will post a pic later, the land is so old the legal description is in Chains and links not feet.

Jims5543

Quote from: Merlin on February 27, 2017, 03:14:25 PM
I don't  have the 360 camera, but I abuse the pano mode on my phone alot. Heres a few 360s from my last trip to Ecuador. Conveniently made a business trip into an extended date.

This is us paddling in a volcanoe lake...  at 12K ft

This is a 160 shot of the capital city from the top of a mountain 14Kft.

here is us in the steeple of one of the cathedrals in downtown Quito. Something you can only do in a 3rd world. Sketchy AF.

Haha, Photobucket sucks the D.

I need to pick your brain at a future junction, I would love to visit Ecuador.  I was toying with that or Costa Rica. Cool pics, I wish I could make them bigger trying getting a Flickr account, it seems to be set up to handle formats like that.

Jims5543

Mother Nature is being cute today. No rain anywhere in Florida except for where I am. Gonna be a fun day.

John Gervais

Hahahahhaa - typical...

Merlin, I love the lake picture! 

I checked the weather forecast last night.  Expecting today to be somewhat decent, I packed the mini with my waders, fishing pole & net and headed up to the estate for a couple hours work with the chainsaw and planned on walking down to the beach after lunch to catch dinner.  It drizzled the entire drive up to the estate, cleared up just enough to chip a small pile of branches I'd left last time I was up there, then started to rain again.  Biblical rain, and windy as 'ell.  So, put the woodchipper away and drove further up the coast where it was only drizzling.  No fish biting, so drove home 90 miles in apocalyptic rain and extremely strong cross-winds. 

Crappy day, looking forward to doing it again soon when the weather gets better.
- Pave the Bay -

Merlin

Quote from: Jims5543 on February 28, 2017, 05:57:44 AM

I need to pick your brain at a future junction, I would love to visit Ecuador.  I was toying with that or Costa Rica. Cool pics, I wish I could make them bigger trying getting a Flickr account, it seems to be set up to handle formats like that.

Costa Rica is cool and all, but nothing beats Ecuador. There is nowhere in the world where you can stand at the middle of the world, hang out in a hot spring at the top of the Andes in the morning and be in the Amazon basin by the evening. Don't forget the Galapagos! Since their economy is basically Oil and Tourism, you can bet that a lack of spanish skills will still get you around.

Jims5543

Quote from: Merlin on February 28, 2017, 08:25:32 PM
Quote from: Jims5543 on February 28, 2017, 05:57:44 AM

Costa Rica is cool and all, but nothing beats Ecuador. There is nowhere in the world where you can stand at the middle of the world, hang out in a hot spring at the top of the Andes in the morning and be in the Amazon basin by the evening. Don't forget the Galapagos! Since their economy is basically Oil and Tourism, you can bet that a lack of spanish skills will still get you around.

Everyone does Costa Rica it is becoming the next Hawaii = Not interesting to me. I like to get off the beaten path but not get killed.

I am going to explore Ecuador for summer 2018.

Merlin

If you are into food, Peru is a place to explore as well. Get the same type of cultural experience, but you also get all of the Aztec shit and food for days.

Jims5543

Merlin, thank you for the info we are foodies so now you have me rethinking. We have plenty of time to plan so, to be continued.

View from Jackson Hole Wy. terminal after 6 hours of flying.

Then another 2 hours of driving:

A little snow on the ground here in Island Park Utah

Shenanigans are afoot:

Why am I posting? Because my clients and their problems have me working this evening so I can have fun all weekend. They afford me this opportunity so no complaining.

John Gervais

I can't help but wonder if Jim & family are enjoying the snow. 
- Pave the Bay -