A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Gervais

- Pave the Bay -

roadhouse

This was in my parking garage at work the other day. Appears someone clipped a concrete column while trying to make a turn. Ripped the driveshaft out and everything. Could pass as the new extended wheel base version lol.

Willie_B

jeff10049

Quote from: Willie_B on October 25, 2016, 04:22:48 PM
Can't fix stupid..........

NO Shit! How fast do you need to be going? Or how hard do you have to keep trying to go in order to rip the axle out? In a parking garage.

And these kind of people, are on the road with us.

Jims5543

Quote from: jeff10049 on October 30, 2016, 01:06:49 PM
Quote from: Willie_B on October 25, 2016, 04:22:48 PM
Can't fix stupid..........

NO Shit! How fast do you need to be going? Or how hard do you have to keep trying to go in order to rip the axle out? In a parking garage.

And these kind of people, are on the road with us.

I just ordered a dash cam for my work truck, it is winter in Florida, snowbird land. I am about to share my hell with you.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

stan360

I have lived in that same hell Jim....seemed to start in November, and holy shit, lookout on the highway if it blew up a 5 minute rain storm .

Jims5543

Quote from: stan360 on October 31, 2016, 02:40:33 PM
I have lived in that same hell Jim....seemed to start in November, and holy shit, lookout on the highway if it blew up a 5 minute rain storm .

Yup, it is ramping up here good. It does not even take a rainstorm, I was behind a car last Friday, it was driving 20 in a 45 on a 2 lane road with no passing. It even came to a complete stop in the middle of the road for no reason, then continued on. I eventually was able to pass it in a right hand turn lane being sick of being stuck behind them, I was right behind and there were easily about 20 cars in line behind us.

I hope I never get like that.  I was at an Autocross years ago,  I met this older fellow, really nice guy, he was driving a Porsche 944. I asked him if I could be rude and know his age. He told me every year the SCCA chapter he runs with changes his car # to his age. His car # was 86 that year.  I looked at his times, he was in the middle of the mix with all the young guys, not beating them but not being beat either. He was running respectable times.

I want to be like him.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

My day became exciting.  Loss of pressurization followed by descent and diversion.

MiniDave

What caused the loss of pressurization?

And, why do airplanes still have a "no smoking" sign? ....since there hasn't been smoking on airplanes in decades!  ;D
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Must have been me texting you about suspension because it happened about 5 minutes later.  I lost the right pack (air conditioning unit) after takeoff, then moments later the left pack over pressured, faulted, and I couldn't get it to reset, resulting in zero air being pumped into the cabin.  Ran a few checklists and opened up the ram air to at least have some air flow.

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Jims5543

In addition to a bunch of ammo, I decided to make my 870 more user friendly in home defense. I am now ready to fend off the SJW's in my hood.

Just ordered a mount and flashlight for it too.  Amazing transformation.

John Gervais

- Pave the Bay -

MPlayle

According to the "Urban Slang Dictionary" site, SJW means Social Justice Warrior.

John Gervais

- Pave the Bay -

Jims5543

Happy Bird day..  best decision ever to get out of dodge and relax in the smokey mountains.

Willie_B

Quote from: Jims5543 on November 24, 2016, 07:31:29 PM
Happy Bird day..  best decision ever to get out of dodge and relax in the smokey mountains.

Depends on where you are, they really are smokey right now.

Jims5543

Quote from: Willie_B on November 24, 2016, 08:08:49 PM
Quote from: Jims5543 on November 24, 2016, 07:31:29 PM

Depends on where you are, they really are smokey right now.

Yes, we were concerned with the wildfires, determined they were far enough from the house we rented to not be a problem.

So far clear blue skies. Not much haze. We are just South of Helen Ga. heading to Helen this afternoon to spend the afternoon evening there.

Jims5543

Almost got a ticket last week in Helen Georgia for trying to take a beer for a walk in public.

Helen is a German town in the mountains, I was in a beer Garden. I had lost my family when I ran to a public restroom real quick I texted all of them to find out where they were and no one answered. So I bought a giant beer, I then saw them and headed towards them, walking right past this sign. A cop was on me like white on rice.  Told me to get back in, I was talking with the owner of the beer garden after that as well as another really cool guy who was a local business owner. They both told me I was lucky, most get tickets.

I ended up posing for a selfie with the sign I did not see to show how much of an idiot I am.  Mrs.5543 tried to photobomb and failed.

I had to stand in beer prison and gulp this Oktoberfest down. Life is hell sometimes.

Willie_B

If I had known you were there sooner I would have come up to meet you. I live an hour south of Helen. Next time.

Jims5543

I was actually staying closer to Cleveland so we may have been 40 minutes apart.

My bad, I was so busy leading up to this week off I barely had any time to be on here.

We will be back again, possibly next year, although Asheville was being tossed around for next year already.

I hope to have the E30 BMW back on the road for next years trip.

jeff10049

Not this shit again I like Oregon but I hate the winters and its only gonna get colder. Hey Jim you got a extra room.

MiniDave

We're going to get hit with this same stuff in a couple of days, I'm not looking forward to it either......

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jims5543

Quote from: jeff10049 on December 05, 2016, 10:13:12 PM
Not this shit again I like Oregon but I hate the winters and its only gonna get colder. Hey Jim you got a extra room.

Why yes we do, come on down.

I saw in the news this was coming, when we were in Georgia 2 weeks ago we woke to a icy morning on our last day there, thermometer on the porch said 24°.  I looked at it and said yeah, back to where it is warm.

We are in panic mode here, we are expecting overnight lows in the 50's and an high of only 70 on Friday, everyone is digging out their winter boots, coats and getting firewood for their fire pits.

Sadly that is not a joke, everyone will be bundled up come the weekend for these 50 degree mornings.