A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

Jims5543

They are fun.

In 2001 my wife decided she wanted to do a Body Building competition. When we met and were newlyweds I was a gym rat and she never stepped foot in one. As the yeas went on she got into it and I faded out.  Then I decided to get back in and help her train 2 days a week. The other 3 she trained with the woman on the right in this photo. Gina, the one on the left is the same one above, it is a small world.

Here is a crappy pic, the only one I can find of her myself and my oldest son then about 8 years old

At first Gina wanted Mrs5543 to do Fitness Model, and she said hell no I am not tramping around like a stripper, she demanded to train for a bodybuildign Competition. Then they fought over what class. This gym had about 7 girls entering the same competition so the owners (Gina and he husband) were trying to keep their entrants from being in the same class. They wanted Mrs5543 to be in womans walter weight and she said hell no! She went into womans novice class over 30. She was 31 at the time. Or it may have just been a novice class I cannot remember. I do remember she came in 1st and vowed to never do it again. She said she felt the most unhealthy she ever felt in her life on that stage and the days leading up. Cutting down for the day.

Foudn some more pics.

The girl in the last pic is from the same gym.  The owners told the girls to carb load 2 days before the competition, myself and a good friend of mine that competes told her not to do it 2 days out, and she ignored the owners. You can see the girl next to my wife was puffy and not as defined, it cost her the competition because she was bigger than my wife and better developed.

Anyway, having had the same chick, all muscles to all kinds of varying weights, I can offer an opinion.  In that competition she weighed about 105 lbs and was 7-8% bodyfat.

With some health problems she has been from 135 (non preggo weights) to 98 lbs.  The 98 was our wedding day due to nerves.  135 was when her adrenal gland was fatigued and her thyroid was fritzing out. The bad way when you cannot keep weight off.

She got it all under control now and is around 115 lbs. I think it is perfect but she wants to be 110 and she has a LOT less muscle now.  she is 5'3" btw.

So yes, they are fun to look at in those competitions, they feel like shit and to be honest there is no cushion for pushin.  I like a little meat on them. ;D

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

I can vouch for Jim's wife being attractive.

In family news my cousin got a job promotion.

MiniDave

We got a little weather here the other day.......
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Mudhen

Had a little mishap the other night in the driveway.  I've been 'restoring' an old tow dolly to start using for taking the '05 to rallycrosses so I've been having to move the '65 in/out of the garage all the time.  Unfortunately, over the winter the clutch m/c went...so I push it out, come-along it back in.

Got the 14yo in the car to steer it while I was bringing it back in Saturday night.  Crappy old chain came loose.  This was the result:

Flew down the hill backwards, over a bunch of rocks, landing up on a big pile of logs.  Thankfully they've been there a long time and are pretty rotten.  I was screaming - 'BRAKES!!!! BRAKES!!! HARDER!! HARDER!!!!'.  Unfortunately, he was pressing the clutch pedal...

He was pretty shook up.  I told him over and over again - no worries...not your fault at all.  It can be fixed.

So far all I see is the rear bumper.  It was a replacement that I'd never re-fitted the over riders to anyway.  It also scratched the paint back there but the car needs a restoration anyway...

SUCKED.   :(

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on July 01, 2016, 04:24:21 PM

So he was appointed 1st mate of the Titanic?   LOL!

Congrats to him, I can honestly say there will never be a presidential announcement over any job I hold for my entire life.

Mudhen- as long as the kid is OK that is all that matters. the rest is just stuff.   Must have been a hell of a ride. 

Dave - is that a head for the storm cellar moment?

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

MPlayle

Mudhen,

I'm also glad to hear your son is all right.  Not a ride he will want to repeat.

94touring

Quote from: Jims5543 on July 05, 2016, 05:23:48 AM
Quote from: 94touring on July 01, 2016, 04:24:21 PM

So he was appointed 1st mate of the Titanic?   LOL!

I talked to him about that but apparently the treasury is neutral between parties, so he'll have a job post Obama.

MiniDave

Mudhen, glad the boy is OK, as always....a learning experience.

Jim, we were moving cars that day, so we were driving right thru the thick of it, but all we got was heavy rain......and it moved thru the area really quickly. Half hour later it was hot and muggy and clear again........I don't think I've seen clouds that blue before, when they turn a dark sickly green, that's when you grab the wife and dogs and head for the basement!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Flew from Cleveland to Philly but diverted in Baltimore due to weather.  Then caught this pic of the tail end of the storm from Baltimore to Philly.

Vikram

Unfortunately I had some fraudulent charges on my card, so I had to cancel it and order a new one.
Went to the post office today to pick some stuff up and was informed that all my stuff would have to be sent back if it happened again, since there's no mailbox.
Ordinarily, I'd just buy a mailbox but I have no card to buy it with,and I won't get a card unless I have one.
So 30 minutes later.
Sorry Dan, I'll take it down when I go lol.

94touring

gasmini

Vikram,
Is that one of those popcorn tin cans that you see around Christmas time?
Well you do have to work with what you have. 4.gif
I'm suprised that Dan hasn't made a mailbox shaped like a mini.

94touring

Vikram

Yeah it is!
This one has a mini touch to it. The cables holding it upright are from my old damaged mk1 harness

Jims5543

LOL@ That mailbox, that is ingenuity at work.

I am out of here!  Nassau Bahamas, is my new home / office / playground for the next week. We are at our timeshare which we have not used in 8 years. We have been trading it out or cashing out points.

The wealth at the marina at Atlantis is staggering.

Winner for Yacht names:

Dan, you need to stop leaving your damn buttplugs everywhere.

You listening to me?

Heading to the Exuma's on Monday, in my opinion the most beautiful place in the world.

94touring

Anytime I find a men's health Magazine in the cockpit I like to pay it forward.

MiniDave

........ not that there's anything wrong with that........

;D ;D ;D ;D

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jims5543

Seinfeld fan detected.

LOL Dan, that is great, ever get a complaint?

94touring

Jims5543

Paradise found. Wait until Monday night when I return from the Exuma's they make Nassau look like a dump.

If you are not staying here, you are not getting in.

They have a pretty cool water park, you get in a tube then ride a river around the park, there are exits for water slides that take you up on conveyor belts then you end up back in this river loop. It is pretty cool...

We have not been here in 8 years, 8 years ago you could go around the loop and just relax. Atlantis decided to ruin that relaxation the go Disney style and MAKE lines for you to stand in. Almost happy this is our last year here for another 8 years.

Once on the loop it is pretty fun. I have to admit, I am / was pretty hammered, I had some trouble getting on my raft. My family mocked me.

I also ruined my brand new Samsung Galaxy S7 Active phone, seems it is not was waterproof as Lil'Wayne says it is.  Glad I have insurance on it because it is effed up.

Found another killer boat name:

Oh and finally, completely drunk here and plan on being that way for a week. Chive on!!
(yes I spilled my vodka / tonic on me while stumbling around on a rope bridge)

MiniDave

Have a great vacation, you've earned it!

De-stress and come home ready to jump back into it..... 4.gif

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Glad you're having fun Jim.

Charlotte airport has my southern comfort food (got pics of my couch).  Even luckier is they have cheerwine.  Back when I was a surveyor and designer my office was beside cheerwine.

MiniDave

Oooh, that looks good - the Cheerwine I mean. Wonder if I can get that anywhere around here?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad