A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

And now for something completely different.....

The bunnies are out of the burrow.....maybe all that rain last night flooded them out? They're about 4 or 5 inches long now. Holly and Noel have been VERY interested in them, in fact they killed 2 when they were much younger a few weeks ago - since then we've been protecting them and keeping the dogs away.....my neighbor asked why? I guess I know they're destined to be fox or owl chow, but I don't like interfering with Mother Nature's ways.....so I'll give them a chance to get mobile at least. I hope I don't run over them with the mower, now that we've had all this rain and the grass is so tall.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jims5543

Hey!! I met a cute bunny rabbit a couple of days ago.

This is at my office today. This is the owner of the hair salon downstairs.  She complained to the landlord a while back that everyone in the building needs to park in the back of the building because she needs all the spaces in the front for her customers.  All the first floor office have back doors, none of the 2nd floor offices to, we have 2 flights of stairs uncovered, to get to the parking lot out front. Now she wants us to walk around the building to the back.  I kindly told the landlord to have all the first floor tenants park out back since they have back doors, the Hair Salon is the worst when it comes to employees all parking out front.

I let my receptionist park out front, so she does not have to walk around the building in the rain, I park out front too, because I am the king. ;D   My drafter (son) and my field helper both park out back. The back lot can get cramped too.

So this is what the owner of the Hair Salon does, rich isn't it?

This was a bathroom on a house I surveyed. I am standing on the back patio / screen room. Who designs this layout and thinks it is a good one? Honestly!!

Typically the rabbits run when you come up on them. This one did not.

I kept expecting him to scoot and he never did. I measure around the house with him just moving out of my way and eating grass.

We had an amazing evening a couple of nights ago, nice and cool out and breezy, took advantage and went to a cafe on the water where you sit outside in a sandy area.  We enjoyed a pretty sunset. I enjoyed some nice Lagunitas on draft.

You can also walk along the water on the nice dock system that runs pretty far, with various restaurants and bars along it.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

MiniDave

I thought you were gonna tell us the cute Bunny drove the Vette!  ;D ;D ;D

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

I'll never forget the time at the old shop the young black lab found bunnies.  I tried to search and rescue them but he would always find them first, then run away with one in his mouth to go murder, come back and do it again.  I finally gave up and went back to work.

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

jeff10049

coming into ketchikan on float plane, then f it were going around boat in the way to much traffic.

Jims5543

Looks like a blast Jeff. Never been in a float plane. I imagine landing is a trip.

Woke up at 6 like I do any other Monday. Hit the gym, went to publix (grocery store) and bought food for this afternoon. Planning on a lazy day around the house. Gonna bbq some ribs today. No party this year. Just a nice quiet weekend.

Have a great day fellas.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Jims5543

I gave my MIL this pic about 10 years ago, I took it of my wife her younger sister and cousin when we were out at a mall in Miami.  I was over their house this past weekend and looked at the pic, it is from the 80's and laughed, man it feels like a lifetime ago and yesterday all at the same time.

tsumini

Got me a dashcam for my Dodge Ram. Headed to Colorado close to Clayton NM when an SUV kicked up a piece of shredded tire and flipped it into my grill. 1st vid is full speed 2nd is 1/8 speed.
Hmmm i guess I need to figger out how to post videos.

MiniDave

I have one too, I'll be taking it on MMW next week, hope to have some fun vids to post.....if you post them on YouTube, then you can link them here and embed them in your post.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

You might be able to post the the media gallery and embed too.  Not sure though.

Jims5543

Dr. Gonzo hanging in my office with me. Dog therapy is the best.

Mrs5543 dispatched me to pick up these vintage end tables for her to restore...

End result:

Felt like I had not smoked the bbq in a while so I grabbed a rack of st. Louis ribs...

I am getting pretty good at this

MiniDave

You got the P'up running? Or was that an earlier pic?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jims5543

That was a pic from months ago, I thought I would just show how those beat to hell tables turned out.

Working long hours during the week has not given me a lot of time to work on the poor truck. I am hoping to make some good progress this weekend. I think I have all the parts I need now I just need to get out there and finish it up.

Jims5543

This guy was camping on my back patio all afternoon Friday, sent him on his way:

94touring

Jims5543

Crazy in town here today. I have not been up to Fort Pierce today, will be in the next two days. FBI is all over the Muslim Shooters house up there.

Down in Port St. Lucie the assholes Parents live, here is the media circus outside the house complete with police presence.

Entire front of house filled with reporters, probably 20-30 of them.

Mark my words there was more than one shooter in this, the press is already alluding to it today, there are reports from people there that there were 2-3 people involved.

I am sure this was glossed over, the Orlando Police chief made a comment that this caught them off guard, they were expecting a theme park hit.

I am not surprised he said that I have been telling my wife that for a while now. Universal Studio's recently (3 months ago) installed metal detectors. You have to pass an airport type screening prior to entering their complex now.  No knives, are allowed either, pocket knives included. I was happy to see that, Disney still does not have metal detectors.

Going to be in Orlando this weekend. Kind of a drag this happened there.

Jims5543

Seen in Universal Studios last weekend. New shoes maybe?

Saw this months ago when in Orlando never thought much of it other than diverse then 2 months later...........

The crazy thing? When at the parks this weekend there were some Sharia type Muslim families walking around the park, I thought they were insane to be out flaunting their religion after what happened last weekend in Orlando.  That would be akin to me walking around in an alligator suit asking if anyone has seen any two year old kids. Call me racist all you want. But before you do read this thread.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/off-topic-politics-religion/817184-understand-islam.html

Jims5543

OH! and Kong is finished! We tried a couple of times to get in for the soft opening of the ride but it never worked out. It will be open next time we go there though wich will probably be when all the kids go back to school in the fall. I was told by park employees that it was really neat and nothing like any other ride there.

On a sad side note you may or may not know a Universal Employee was killed in the shooting, I met a couple of park employees that knew her and others that were killed. The vibe in the park was pretty solemn this past weekend this had a huge impact on the people locally and you could feel it.

We were going to cancel our plans to go up, my wife wanted to, I insisted we go and not cower because of a small group of assholes intent on ruining the world.

Jims5543

Went to the beach Sunday morning, I looked at the water and it did not look right. I went in and it was so murky. You can normally see your feet when you are chest deep in the water, I could barely see them knee deep.

Decided to not go in.

Lifeguard drove up on an ATV and told us the water was closed, bacteria levels are at toxic levels.

Went home in went in pool.

The US Corps of Engineers thinks it is perfectly fine to dump million and millions of gallons of fresh, polluted, water down the canal systems, into our estuaries and eventually into the ocean, this has been going on for years, but the last couple it has been much more because of increased rainfall.

The impact on our area is staggering. I told Mrs5543 it might be time to sell the house and move away from here. What is the point of living in coastal Florida if you cannot enjoy the water?

View of the beach.

These guys are crazy, they strap on a parachute, then strap a motor with a prop to their back and fly.

The is the water in the river by downtown Stuart. Such a pretty color.

Nothing wrong here, everyone move along.

94touring

Green water is perfectly normal right  8.gif

Jims5543

Florida Governor Scott has declared a state of emergency after the county declared it first.

http://www.wpbf.com/news/martin-county-declares-state-of-local-emergency/40279850

Supposedly Scott has reached out to Obama to come visit and see what is going on as well. Ironically, Obama comes to this very area to play golf with (and sometimes without) Tiger woods at a local elite country club that fronts on the very river that is blooming.

Interesting to see how this pans out. Locals have been screaming for the last 5 years for the Corps to stop dumping into our waterways and send it in the everglades where it is supposed to go.

If you want to waste some time read about this Lake where the water comes from.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Okeechobee

Jims5543

One of my customers just posted this video.

I also learned today his wife is one of those fitness models. Dude built a McMansion on the water, owns a successful Accounting and investment firm, and now I find out his wife is a model too. He is living the dream. Oh and he does not drink craft beer nor is he interested in cars so he saves a lot of money too.

94touring

Speaking of fitness models, here's one I dated for a summer.

MiniDave

I don't know if I'd want to date a girl that could bench press............................me!  ;D ;D ;D

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad