A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

:D that bell picture!!

I wasn't in NC but my cousin took her shooting. 

Jims5543

Made the kid do the dirty work today. I was not in the mood.

Saw this today, had to snap a pic.

When one LSx engine is not enough.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

MtyMous

Car looks cool, but those cheap autozone looking wheels really kill it for me.

Jims5543

The whole car looked like a pep boys catalog of stick on parts.

The only reason I took a pic of it was because my friend Kevin and I were pondering how they made the 2 engines work together smoothly.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Jims5543

94touring

In Rochester NY wandering around looking for food.  Saw this under a bridge.

Jims5543

Jims5543

I rendezvoused with Mrs.5543 one town south for dinner this evening. I texted her my location and since I was about 10 mins ahead of her, sat in the car reading news on Flipboard.

Right as I felt I had waited long enough and was getting out of the car to walk around, I looked across the street to see this.

I walked across, looked back and saw this.

Man, the engine in this thing is so noisy, like it is coming apart, bearing knocks galore. I might have a newish engine lined up to be purchased in April.

94touring

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on February 10, 2016, 05:43:01 PM
Hope you get that engine sorted soon.

This one runs at 20PSI oil pressure at speed and less than 10 at idle, not sure how it is even still running.

I never did the radiator, no sense, I will do it all when I get the new engine, but, it is only in the 40's here this evening and she was overheating while driving. I suspect the engines end of life is not far off.

I know every time I go to drive it I ask myself, do I have time to break down? if no I leave it, if yes I drive it.

MiniDave

Yeah, 20 PSI oil pressure is NOT good.....what are you going to put in it? Stock 1275? something built up?
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

John Mcgee has had engines available.  I try to keep my eyes open for engines since I know Jim's in the market.  I also mentioned sending his old lump to you Dave.

Jims5543

Quote from: MiniDave on February 10, 2016, 05:58:21 PM
Yeah, 20 PSI oil pressure is NOT good.....what are you going to put in it? Stock 1275? something built up?

Stock 1275 will be an upgrade from this lump.

then I am considering tearing this one down and seeing if it is worth rebuilding.

If the block is good and I can score a new crank and rods I may build up a fun engine.  Finding time will be the challenge.

MiniDave

Is it a 1275 or 998?

You could palletize it and send it to me and I can rebuild it......you probably don't need new rods or crank, they can all be machined.....oversize bearings and such will bring things back into tolerance. If you think you might send it to me, leave it all intact rather than tearing it down.

I had to turn Buzz' crank 10 under and it carries 75 lbs cold and 60 hot.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jims5543

It is supposed to have a 1293 Engine in it. I found out P&L Mini in England restored this truck in 2004.

http://www.plmini.com/proj_pickup.htm

I would be muddling along with her if I did it, I may take you up on your offer.

Mudhen

Quote from: Jims5543 on February 11, 2016, 05:16:06 AM
It is supposed to have a 1293 Engine in it. I found out P&L Mini in England restored this truck in 2004.

I would be muddling along with her if I did it, I may take you up on your offer.

That's freakin' cool you found that!   4.gif

Jims5543

Quote from: Mudhen on February 11, 2016, 05:54:19 AM
Quote from: Jims5543 on February 11, 2016, 05:16:06 AM

That's freakin' cool you found that!   4.gif

I found it by accident, I was google image searching pickups so I could show the fabricator how I wanted the tonneau cover to look. He ignored me BTW. I stumbled across that pic in the link and thought, man, the looks like my truck. then I noticed the tag had the same number, emailed Linda and she gave me the run down on the truck.  Paul has passed away Linda still runs the place.

Yeah, I was stoked to find that info.

Jims5543

Someone is compensating here... or maybe both are.     ;D

94touring

Jims5543

There is a long story around this phone, it is not mine, it is a customers, it was my fault it looks like this. Customer was super cool and said, "that is what insurance is for"  Plus his iwatch still communicated with it so he could actually use it. Brand new iphone6 deaded.  That is what Apple get for protecting terrorists. 

MPlayle

Apple is not just "protecting terrorists".  They are also protecting YOUR stuff by not backdooring access for the FBI.  As their responses state, if they create a backdoor for the FBI, it WILL get found by malicious hackers and exploited.

I really don't think the FBI will accept responsibility for creating a hacker heyday for exploiting smartphone backdoors.  How many millions of users will be compromised for the sake of the FBI accessing ONE phone?  And then when the hackers start having their heyday of exploiting the backdoor, the FBI is going to do what? Nothing except blame Apple even though the FBI used the courts to force Apple to compromise their product and thus the millions of users' data.

Jims5543

Quote from: MPlayle on February 18, 2016, 09:18:08 PM
Apple is not just "protecting terrorists".  They are also protecting YOUR stuff by not backdooring access for the FBI.  As their responses state, if they create a backdoor for the FBI, it WILL get found by malicious hackers and exploited.

I really don't think the FBI will accept responsibility for creating a hacker heyday for exploiting smartphone backdoors.  How many millions of users will be compromised for the sake of the FBI accessing ONE phone?  And then when the hackers start having their heyday of exploiting the backdoor, the FBI is going to do what? Nothing except blame Apple even though the FBI used the courts to force Apple to compromise their product and thus the millions of users' data.

It was a joke, lighten up Francis.

If the FBI was only asking to open up this one phone, I would not have a problem, sadly they are up to their usual tricks and want a master key to all phones, which is wrong.

Personally, I have no idea why everyone is so uptight about their phones, there is nothing on my phone that is secret, I do not use Credit Card apps or bank apps purposefully because I do not feel a phone is secure enough. I also refuse to password protect it or lock it or whatever you call that because it shuts down a ton of features I like to be able to access like notifications that will open if you touch them on your "unlock" screen.

If we ever meet in person I will hand you my phone without hesitation, you can look all through it, there is nothing to hide, I am not a terrorist, I am not a criminal and I am smart enough to know not to put sensitive information on my phone.

No one walked around with a pad lock on their wallet, if you drop your wallet your screwed, or at least in my case.

Once one of these assholes hits a theme park lets revisit this topic, it is just a matter of time. Last time I was at universal I commented to my wife that security is way too lax.

If I was a terrorist, I would pack a backpack full of explosives, walk up to the security checkpoint, you know where the guy with the stick pokes around your bag, where they make everyone get in line and have all their stuff checked, that would be the spot I would walk up to and set off a bomb. Everyone is all gathered up nice and tight, perfect spot to do it, you do not even need to get inside the park. My wife thinks I am fucked in the head for thinking of this. I am just realistic.  Something really shitty is going to happen really soon. That San Bernandino shooting is nothing compared to if they decide to start suicide bombing us.

Edit - Added a picture to the picture thread.

Double Edit, dog pics make me happy.

Mudhen

As far as I'm concerned, there's no difference between a house and a phone.  If a gov't agency goes through the proper process to get a search warrant (ie, a court/judge deciding there's enough justification to warrant allowing the search - and I believe there would be in the case of this terrorist that murdered how many people?) to look through your secured house, they should be able to do the same thing for your secured phone.  Apple can unlock it and give it to them; they don't need to leave whatever backdoor they use in place.  If Apple's own internal security is so poor that whatever process they use to get into it gets unleashed into the wild, f'k 'em.

Dogs make me happy too.  Didn't notice there was one in this pic at first!

MPlayle

I still use an old style flip-phone.

Love the dog pictures.  Some of those are downright hilarious!  Thanks for posting them.

Jim,
You're not f'd in the head for spotting places where lots of people could be hurt in such an action.  You are one of those uncommon folks that actually uses "common sense" to see the obvious.  Any such line would be a choice target - think waiting in line at airport security on a busy holiday.  With that you get extra collateral damage of closing the airport and causing all kinds of mess at all the other airports.

Post more dog pictures!