A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims5543

Quote from: BruceK on May 29, 2017, 07:48:28 AM
Out on a drive in the Mini with my wife this morning.  Just spotted this.

That is a beaut!!  I like the downtown setting too.

Re: The "free" phone, I am always surprised when I see pay phones anymore, you rarely see them anywhere.

I hope everyone had a good holiday weekend, a friend of mine gave me a great idea which will be implemented this summer and will mean something more next Memorial Day.  He adopted a random Veterans grave that was no longer being attended to.  We have a graveyard not too far from here with a lot of WW2  stones in it. I am going to do the same.

3 day weekend?  We did nothing, well I cursed at the Mini Pickup some more. Otherwise, a lot of nothing.

Monday I fired up the BGE.

What is hiding in there?

Why is it Brisket!!!

Coozie from Key West.

It came out a tad overcooked, if I could have a do over, I would have pulled it about 1 hour earlier.

I was also disappointed in my smoke ring, gotta do some reading and figure out what I am doing wrong, it was not due to lack of smoke.

The flavor was spot on, it was VERY tender just could have been a little more moist, but it was not dry by any measure, just have had better out and I like to do better than restaurants.

Right now my ribs kick BBQ joints ribs asses. I want the Brisket on that level.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

BruceK

Nice hunk o' meat you got there. 

What.  That could be interpreted the wrong way. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

BruceK

Heading north today to drop Emma off at Dan's shop for a little work.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

You drove Emma - good!

I thought you might flat tow her......

We're planning a fall run for the first weekend in October, hope she's all done by then.

Pretty cool how you took a pic of yourself from another car!   ;D
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Quote from: MiniDave on June 04, 2017, 06:39:36 AM
You drove Emma - good!

I thought you might flat tow her......
Yeah, I decided I'd be less stressed driving it - especially since rain was expected.  In the end, the only rain we hit was 5 miles out from Dan's shop. 

The car ran great, I averaged about 65 mph most of the way, but 5+ hours in a Mini on the interstate is tiring.   But it did develop a huge buzzing noise on the left side that would appear if conditions were right.  I'll have to track that down. 

Quote from: MiniDave on June 04, 2017, 06:39:36 AM

Pretty cool how you took a pic of yourself from another car!   ;D

My wife was following in my '02 MINI (you can see her in my rearview mirror).   I didn't know she was taking photos, although I'm sure she did that to help with the boredom of following me. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

On my trip to Oklahoma this past weekend, I spotted something available at most gas stations that is virtually non-existent in Texas:  100% gasoline without added ethanol.  Nice to have a choice. 
The downside is the low octane rating. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

There are places here with no ethanol 91 too.  Was about 2.65 a gallon.

BruceK

Quote from: 94touring on June 05, 2017, 09:40:32 AM
There are places here with no ethanol 91 too.  Was about 2.65 a gallon.

Ah, I missed those.  But very nice to have that for older cars that are not set up to guard against the potentially damaging effects to fuel systems by using government gas.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

Jims5543

In Florida we have REC90 which is for use in boats and not for highway use.

Do not tell anyone I am using it in the Mini.   77.gif
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Jims5543

$6000 in data collectors. I just had to buy the one on the top (dark grey) because the one in the middle is not playing nice with my instrument. I suspect the broken keypad + moisture is the culprit.

I am sending it out for repairs soon, I suspect I will be forced to run 2 crews in the very near future. Too busy to keep up.

The Yellow one was my first Nomad. Purchased in 2007 or so. Still works like a champ but does not have bluetooth so is incompatible with the new stations.

jeff10049

Damn I guess the grass is not greener sometimes I think I picked the wrong business. But then they all have equipment cost. 

Just bought a 9,000 dollar scan tool to go with the 4,500 one that goes with the 6,000 one. One of them re flashes ecm's one is good at being a 4 channel scope and one is a bad ass code scanner with fast live data.

Jims5543

Isn't it fun?!!

Those 2K Collectors sync up with a total station which runs about 9K..

My worry is islanders trying to steal it out of my truck when I am not looking.

Hence no company name on the truck, when they see "Land surveyor" they will tail you all day long waiting for you to make that mistake that gets them a free 9K piece of equipment.

Merlin

Quote from: BruceK on June 05, 2017, 09:27:58 AM
On my trip to Oklahoma this past weekend, I spotted something available at most gas stations that is virtually non-existent in Texas:  100% gasoline without added ethanol.  Nice to have a choice. 

The gas tation around the corner from me has all 91 octane in 100% I use it on my mowers and on my project cars.
Engineering the Impossible

BruceK

Quote from: Merlin on June 08, 2017, 12:20:15 PM
Quote from: BruceK on June 05, 2017, 09:27:58 AM

The gas tation around the corner from me has all 91 octane in 100% I use it on my mowers and on my project cars.

I'm jealous.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

Seems the Philips 66 carries it out here. 

BruceK

Looking through photos in my phone I recently saw this one of a pretty damn simple (and very typical) public restroom I found in rural Italy. No worries about whether the seat is clean because there is no seat!
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

Jims5543

Quote from: BruceK on June 12, 2017, 06:50:27 PM
Looking through photos in my phone I recently saw this one of a pretty damn simple (and very typical) public restroom I found in rural Italy. No worries about whether the seat is clean because there is no seat!

We were warned we would see these in Ireland, never saw one.

Instead I got to hold dicks with half of Ireland while rubbing shoulders.

Jims5543

BruceK

My daughter in San Antonio spotted this Mini this afternoon and sent me these photos.  Looks very nice - and minty fresh too!   ;D   Michael it's near you - do you know this car?
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

Quote from: Jims5543 on June 17, 2017, 05:54:11 PM
I see Jen, Hader and boobs.

And Chuck from 104.5 the edge.  He did a skit about me having my 80 year old neighbor lady mow my yard that was hilarious.

MPlayle

I can't recall if I've seen that one before.  What part of town was it when she took the pictures?

BruceK

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MPlayle

I think I recall seeing it once before at the Lowes parking lot at 1604 & Blanco a couple years ago.  Did not get to meet the owner.

BruceK

Correction.  It was spotted near Blanco Rd and Wurzbach Pwky. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S