A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims5543

I saw this pic in the office yesterday when working at a different desk because Mrs.5543 was at mine processing receivables. My office only has 3 computer stations in it now. Back in the hey day there were 6 stations.

This pic takes me back to the 90's when I started my own business.  I started it with very little in the bank and a Visa Gold card that had a 10K limit on it.
This Ford Bronco II was about all I could afford, it was someones half completed project truck, parts were all piled up in the back mostly cosmetic it has a fresh engine in it bored .30 over. It ran like a top just needed tires and paint. I did the paint myself it was a shitty paint job but at least it was no longer 4 different colors.

I got nostalgic looking at that pic, I was scared shitless embarking on that journey. I had no idea if I was going to pull it off or not. When I gave my 4 week notice at the big company I was working for the idea of being responsible for my own paycheck was daunting to say the least. If only I knew then what I know now, it would turn out to be the best move I ever made.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

I can't help but think OJ whenever I see a white Bronco!

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on May 03, 2017, 01:08:22 PM
I can't help but think OJ whenever I see a white Bronco!

LOL!! It was not far off from that time too.

I just remembered those tires, I could not afford them, I actually financed them at Tire Kingdom and paid them off over a few months.

I really look back fondly at that time, as I said, I was scared to death, had a wife and 1 kid then. That house in the background was a shitty rental house. I remember the rent was $600 a month for that. 

I struck a deal about 7 months later to survey 100 lots for an new builder coming to the area, we had our initial meeting at a bagel joint because I had no office. I had to get all 100 surveys done for a closing in 1 month, he knew I was hungry and he got a hell of a deal. I was happy because that helped me buy the house I am still in 20 years later.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

Funny looking back 20 years and seeing how far you've come. 

Mudhen

Quote from: 94touring on May 03, 2017, 02:34:54 PM

And how much you've drank.

Edit:   4.gif  Shit, heading over to the other thread now.   :-X

Jims5543

Quote from: Mudhen on May 03, 2017, 03:16:59 PM
Quote from: 94touring on May 03, 2017, 02:34:54 PM

And how much you've drank.

Edit:   4.gif  Shit, heading over to the other thread now.   :-X

LOL!! You just reminded me, on 18 April I just paid Obamacare over $4000 to not pay $14,400 for health insurance premiums in 2016.  What I spend on booze pales in comparison to all that.

Meet Lucy the lizard killer. It is a rarity that we have a lizard on either the front porch or back pool deck anymore.

Saw a dead deer in the field yesterday.   ;D

And lusted after this Landcruiser.

Did a final Survey a customers house Wednesday he has 2 separate 2 car garages, one has a lift, what I thought was awesome was his garage doors, hydraulically operated.

Air conditioned garages too.

And when you have more money than you know what to do with, why not a custom built doggy shower?

94touring

Jims5543

94touring

I feel like mine deserves to be in the drunk thread.  Nitrous was better than expected.

Jims5543

Mine is right where it should be I should mention I cannot feel half my face. My right sinus started to feel weird and then I realized it was going numb too.

They really number me up for that one.  Almost done, I go back in 1.5 weeks for my last 2 crowns then all my teeths are fixeded.

I have been walking around for years with a mouth full of bad filling and broken molars.

OK too much screwing off I am gonna pay for this. Gotta get to work.

Merlin

I had a surface filing done earlier this week... Do I count in the pity party?
Engineering the Impossible

Mudhen

You are something special...you are something special...  :D

94touring

Quote from: Merlin on May 05, 2017, 10:55:14 AM
I had a surface filing done earlier this week... Do I count in the pity party?

Only if you took a selfie.

94touring

My buddy Chuck is a local radio personality and today is having to take the band Silversun Pickups around town to see the sights. 

MiniGene

Neat!  They just played on my Pandora feed.

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on May 05, 2017, 02:51:39 PM
My buddy Chuck is a local radio personality and today is having to take the band Silversun Pickups around town to see the sights.
Checked them out on You Tune and thought they had a nice sound. Never heard of them until you posted about them. Or I should say was not aware who they were.

BruceK

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

BruceK

Took Emma, my Mini out for an unplanned 3 hour drive in the country this morning.   No traffic,  perfect weather, great roads, and the car ran great.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

Where is that curve in the road, and is it the only one in the county?   ;D

I had the Racing Green Mini out today too. Today is the last day I can get on the rack at school as my tenure ends there next week, right after finals on Thursday so I'm going to try one more time to get the rear alignment straight with the adjustable brackets. If I can't then I'm going to put the OEM brackets back on and call it good.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Quote from: MiniDave on May 13, 2017, 12:02:56 PM
Where is that curve in the road, and is it the only one in the county?   ;D
Wait.  Aren't you in Kansas?   I'm remembering some saying about the pot, the kettle, and the color black.  ;D

Actually, the roads I drove on today had many curves.  And that S curve photo was one of the more picturesque ones plus it had an little area nearby where I could pull off to take the photo. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

Yes, but I have Missouri right next door, and there are plenty of curves over in Mo.... ;D

But you're right -- Kansas - land of the grid.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jims5543

Great pics Bruce, love them.  Looks like a fun day for sure.

BruceK

Quote from: Jims5543 on May 15, 2017, 05:00:09 AM
Great pics Bruce, love them.  Looks like a fun day for sure.

Thanks.   Forgot to mention earlier that I drool when I see that photo of the air-conditioned garage with the lift.  That floor is incredible.  Did someone sign their work at the threshold? maybe it's just a reflection...
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

Jims5543

Had to survey the poor peoples houses the other day. Must suck to live like this.

Mrs5543 made lasagna from scratch, including the pasta and sauce over the weekend. It was predictably amazing. This was as it neared completed and tossed in the fridge the night before it was cooked.

94touring

Nice looking wrist clock.

Here's my retro desk and chair for all to see.  Supposed to be redoing floors in this room too. 

Otherwise we finally have our rear patio coming together.