Monza red refurb.

Started by 94touring, February 15, 2014, 03:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

I have yet another car rolling into the shop.  Cause you can never have too many project  11.gif  I think this is Monza red but will be investigating further as I have time.  It needs a lot of panel replacements and the obvious paint job.  It may be for sale when I'm done, that's to be determined. 

batman1usa

For Sale  :-\  Why Why did I stop by here?   8.gif   :(

94touring

It's going to be nice, he may keep it.

batman1usa

94touring

Well this car is a rotten mess also.  The owner has been over under my supervision digging into it and getting things ready for me to hack into. 

Closing panels....nah use a piece of blanket!!

joltfreak

check out the official website for updates!!!!! 

Mudhen

WOW...yikes is right.

You're sure that first pic is the 'before'???   :o

94touring

Lifted the car off the engine.  The right inner wing actually ripped off accidently. Guess I'll be replacing that.   62.gif

jedduh01

biketesting

Disregard all the above text, it is flatulence (still)

94touring

94touring

94touring

Had a few moments to start putting the puzzle back together on the front right corner.  I decided the best way to go about doing this was to simply bolt a door to the door pillar panel and then fit the door to the frame, then tack the panel in place.  It still has a small amount of play in it and will need some adjoining panels put in place to make it rigid enough to take the door off. 

Mudhen

:-\

Holy crap is that a rough one!!  But at least you don't have as many spot welds to drill out...yikes.

94touring

Back sides of several panels all painted up and ready to be welded together. 

sparetimetoys

[/quote]

What is it with right side doors being bondo magnets?   ::)
Home of Global Warmer Racing. Saving the smog one car at a time.

94touring

I started back in on this shell.  About have the front right corner done.  Just need to do a little more welding and seam seal a few things.   

jedduh01

WOE  that door is full of filler!

94touring

That's just a test door perfect for fitting in situations like this. 

MiniDave

This is a real project! Like any tho, you fix it one bad panel at a time and eventually it gets done. My old Jag was about this bad when I tackled it too.......took 4 years to finish it.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

94touring

Now that it's in the new shop I've finally got it on the rotisserie.

MtyMous

must be nice working with that smooth concrete floor now.

94touring

It's nice not having crap in my way!

MiniDave

Is this the project that got stalled due to impending divorce?

How will you rig up a paint booth in the new shop so you don't have to worry about overspray on the other cars? I could imagine a set of visqueen type screens on tracks mounted to the ceiling, something like in a hospital room - would that be tight enough to contain it?
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad