Author Topic: 1978 Pickup, giving her some love...  (Read 166331 times)

Offline Jims5543

• 1380cc
  • The Good Doctor is in... where is the ether?
    • Jensen Beach, FloRida
    • My Land Surveying Website
Re: 1978 Pickup, giving her some love...
« Reply #550 on: March 09, 2019, 03:28:07 PM »
If anyone following this thread is interested I am seriously considering selling this.

Asking Price will be $13,000 firm when I list for sale, an RM member can grab it 12K.  It will be a true bring a trailer deal, will include a bed full of spare parts and a spare 1275 engine / transmission that needs rebuilding.

My life has changed so much these last 2 years I do not have time for time consuming hobbies like this anymore.  I never anticipated the economy would take off like this.

My loss is your gain.

PM me here or  email me it is my user name at gmail dot com.

I will advertise it next week, giving the RM guys first dibs.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Offline MiniDave

« Reply #551 on: March 10, 2019, 01:36:00 PM »
What all does it need to be back on the road?

Also, since the photo bucket fiasco all your photos in this thread are gone, would you mind posting up some - I have a friend who may be interested.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 01:39:18 PM by MiniDave »
1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2004 Audi Allroad 2.7 TT

Offline Jims5543

• 1380cc
  • The Good Doctor is in... where is the ether?
    • Jensen Beach, FloRida
    • My Land Surveying Website
« Reply #552 on: March 10, 2019, 07:35:20 PM »
During our morning 3 mile walk of the dog, my wife and I spoke about this sale at length.

I explained to her my family time is more important to me right now than playing car, business takes up too much time, so I am putting car projects on back burner for a while.

She suggested combining time with the younger son with working on the Pickup. 

So that is now the plan, I may still sell it, but not until I have it back on the road.  The kid and I are going to spend a couple of nights a week in the garage wrenching on it and getting it finished.

I am just pissed at this truck it is a very neglected Truck that I am having to put way more work into than ever anticipated.  Every time I dig into it I find some more half assed bullshit that has to be redone and made right.

I pity that poor guy that bought Skips supercharged wagon on BAT for top $$ I am pretty sure that seller was unloading a turd too. At least I got mine relatively cheap all things considered.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Offline MiniDave

« Reply #553 on: March 10, 2019, 08:35:53 PM »
Aha, I see the connection now.....

But, FWIW, every Mini I've bought or owned needed more work than I ever anticipated....nature of the breed I think!

I think it's a smart idea putting family time and wrenching time together. Good luck with the trucklette!
1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2004 Audi Allroad 2.7 TT

Offline richard1

« Reply #554 on: March 11, 2019, 07:18:33 AM »
During our morning 3 mile walk of the dog, my wife and I spoke about this sale at length.

I explained to her my family time is more important to me right now than playing car, business takes up too much time, so I am putting car projects on back burner for a while.

She suggested combining time with the younger son with working on the Pickup. 

So that is now the plan, I may still sell it, but not until I have it back on the road.  The kid and I are going to spend a couple of nights a week in the garage wrenching on it and getting it finished.

I am just pissed at this truck it is a very neglected Truck that I am having to put way more work into than ever anticipated.  Every time I dig into it I find some more half assed bullshit that has to be redone and made right.

I pity that poor guy that bought Skips supercharged wagon on BAT for top $$ I am pretty sure that seller was unloading a turd too. At least I got mine relatively cheap all things considered.

Congratulations to you and your wife. A father son/daughter project he will remember for a lifetime. When my daughter turned 15, she found an MGB she wanted, so together we spent the winter spare time restoring it and finally got it on the road for her 16th birthday and driver's license.

One of my grandsons spent a lot of time with me since he was born. At 2 he began helping me with the Corvair. By 6 he was a real help. Some day the car will be his.

Offline MiniDave

« Reply #555 on: March 11, 2019, 09:50:09 AM »
Hey Richard, good to hear from you again!

Have you been driving your Pup?
1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2004 Audi Allroad 2.7 TT

Offline jeff10049

« Reply #556 on: March 11, 2019, 11:07:21 PM »
 4.gif great plan Jim.