Got some primer on.

Started by jeff10049, April 27, 2009, 12:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeff10049

I got the under side of the car stripped  new parts in over the winter and now that the weather is nice I got some epoxy primer on it.

hummmm how the heck do I post a pic in a thread?

oh well look in the gallery

Jeff

94touring

Looks good!

To post a pic you can either attach it, by clicking on the additional options icon when you post or reply.  Or you can click on the insert image icon above the smilies when you post or reply and then paste in the link address. 

jeff10049

MD-IN-UK

Looks good so far, how about some details now?
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY REMAINS LONG AFTER THE SWEETNESS OF LOW PRICE IS FORGOTTEN

jeff10049

Well this weekend I got the engine compartment, door jambs, and body epoxy primed. Considering the amout of metal work and filler work I have done the car looked better than I thought it would for the first primer, the epoxy was  glossy when it was wet and the car looked good few little dings that I forgot I saw them when I was stripping the car to bare metal but forgot to mark them befor I sanded all the paint out and a few spots that need a bit more work. Then I'll touch them up with epoxy and  put on some good high build 2k primer and as MD-IN-UK would say time for the block party.

Next weekend I hope to get the interior and boot stripped and epoxy primed.
Jeff

jeff10049

Quote from: MD-IN-UK on April 29, 2009, 02:32:55 PM

MD

Look here for some details http://www.restorationmini.com/Featured/Jeff/restoration.html and here http://www.minimania.com/web/threadid/97401/msgthread.cfm

The car is a 1960 Austin seven, I got it about a year and a half ago drove to Denver CO. Christmas before last to get it. I am doing everything I can myself to save money and because its fun. Trying to make it mostly original. I am working on a photo blog of some kind from start to present with all the details or I might talk to Dan about being able to update the featured project page myself and try to organize a detailed progress report here,

94touring

Looking real good.  :)  Get ready to sand your elbows off.

Yeah if you want to add updates to the featured project pages let me know.  I could send you the html pages and you could mess with those and send them back when you're done, or give me a list of updates you want done and I'll do it for you.   

MD-IN-UK

I hope your plans include a good coat of epoxy inside the car as well. For that matter, I'd 2K prime it all. That little bit of extra prep at this point would be all the better, and last so much longer.

Looked at your other photos too, don't let anyone tell you theres anything wrong with being thorough. That kind of documentation will make a big difference if you decide to ever sale it.
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY REMAINS LONG AFTER THE SWEETNESS OF LOW PRICE IS FORGOTTEN

jeff10049

yes every part will be stripped to bare metal any rust blasted and then epoxy primed that is what I have done to what you see primed. Boot and interior next weekend I just got tried of sanding and wanted to start getting some primer on the done parts and I dont like to let the bare metal sit too long. 

After its all epoxy primed I will 2 k prime every thing the body will take a few times with the 2k and blocking the car was pretty rough to start with so i know stuff will show up when I get the block out.

Jeff

jeff10049

Got the inside the boot and a second coat of epoxy on the outside next comes the 2k high build and blocking.

94touring

Looks like you're moving right along.   :)

Minicop

It looks great Jeff! I wish I had the time and space and money and recources and tools and..... ;D just joking! :D I really do need all that to start. Mabey whan I get back to the states.... ::) 94, I would gladley be your guinnie pig at your new shop for a new paintjob.

jeff10049

Ha ha, resources and tools I have. Time, space, and money thats another story.

Jeff

Minicop

Hey Jeff,

Any new progress on your baby?

jeff10049

Yes I have got to work on it some more finally. I decided to expand my shop at home that took some time and money but I now have 20'x40' it's nice. Then I took over the business I was working for that takes 16 hours a day but I still get some time in on the car. engine and gearbox are done and painted pics to come. got the boot and hood in primer. I still read on here just don't get time to post much I hope to be on more in the near future.

Jeff

Mudhen

Quote from: jeff10049 on May 03, 2009, 11:26:50 PM
Quote from: MD-IN-UK on April 29, 2009, 02:32:55 PM

MD

Look here for some details http://www.restorationmini.com/Featured/Jeff/restoration.html and here http://www.minimania.com/web/threadid/97401/msgthread.cfm

The car is a 1960 Austin seven, I got it about a year and a half ago drove to Denver CO. Christmas before last to get it. I am doing everything I can myself to save money and because its fun. Trying to make it mostly original. I am working on a photo blog of some kind from start to present with all the details or I might talk to Dan about being able to update the featured project page myself and try to organize a detailed progress report here,

Looks awesome!

Is there a 'Featured' section anymore?  The link to the details doesn't seem to work...