65 Mini Moke

Started by pbraun, September 26, 2013, 05:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pbraun

So, is there any way to make posting images any easier?

Peter
65 Moke
60 Bugeye modified
66 Jaguar XJ13 ( I can wish )

94touring

What seems to be the problem posting images?

MiniDave

It's exciting to see it come together!   4.gif

A friend is in the home stretch on his too, his is surf blue and he's just starting to recover his seats and make a top for it.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

pbraun

Peter
65 Moke
60 Bugeye modified

pbraun

Maybe a few more weeks and it'll roll on it's own. Could now, but better to button things all up et al.

Peter
65 Moke
60 Bugeye modified

MiniDave

hey pbraun, was your moke at MME?
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

pbraun

No, I was, but not my moke. A few things got in the way, such as not having the correct bracket to fit the radiator, and then the windscreen somehow got too wide to fit properly.

Getting to be inconvenient. Soon, maybe, but I am traveling a lot soon.
Peter
65 Moke
60 Bugeye modified

pbraun

Now the motor is in I have another road block.

Cooper S harmonic balancer added, so I needed the correct lower radiator bracket, added same, now there is TOO MUCH clearance and the rad is too tight up against the body shroud.  PIA .  Any easy solutions?
Peter
65 Moke
60 Bugeye modified

pbraun

All set now.....just made a prop rod. Yeah, I know it's not an as it came from the factory item, but it seemed like a really handy one to me.  I don't like taking off the bonnet and putting in on the grass, or under the car, or on a chair, or some other place it doesn't belong, as a show, or in the garage, so there it is.  I like it. Any comments????????
Peter
65 Moke
60 Bugeye modified

BruceK

That looks great.   I understand why you created it.  I was always worried when I took the bonnet off on my Moke - too easy for it to be kicked, stepped on, or otherwise damaged.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

John Gervais

It's very tidy and if you're someone like me who doesn't 'know' mokes, it looks like a factory part. 

Well done!   4.gif
- Pave the Bay -

MPlayle

Very Nice!  I want one for mine!

Details on bits and where to get them, how to make one?

pbraun

Yep, I can do that.....mainly a rod from an Austin Healey 3000 trunk, and upper holder, from Moss Motors and a couple of custom made brackets that hold it, mounted with rivets under the hood braid.... oh, and held by a rubber bit from a moke - the bonnet hinge rubber.
Peter
65 Moke
60 Bugeye modified

BruceK

Quote from: pbraun on January 11, 2017, 06:19:04 AM
Yep, I can do that.....mainly a rod from an Austin Healey 3000 trunk, and upper holder, from Moss Motors and a couple of custom made brackets that hold it, mounted with rivets under the hood braid.... oh, and held by a rubber bit from a moke - the bonnet hinge rubber.

Actually, the Moke's bonnet hinge rubber is the same item as the early Mini's bonnet prop rod holder, right?   So that item has come full circle?  :)
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

pbraun

Right!  A very useful part!  Could even be used as a cigarette holder!
Peter
65 Moke
60 Bugeye modified

pbraun

Top on, now registered and on the road!  See ya'll around!

Peter
65 Moke
60 Bugeye modified

BruceK

Wow!  Looks so clean and pristine in white just sitting there, waiting for some fun. And I love the color of the wheels and grille. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MPlayle

I wish the top that came with mine fit that well.

I've been thinking of having a custom one done that will have the rear window roll up.

pbraun

Thanks, Bruce - notice the top matches the wheel and grill color! Maybe a bit hard to see in garage darkness.

MPlayle - bc in Shelby, nc has a guy near Shelby who makes tops at a very reasonable price. Worth asking

Look up Monte Carlo Minis..... locally made.   106 Ida Cir, Shelby, NC 28152 ยท (704) 487-6406
Peter
65 Moke
60 Bugeye modified

John Gervais

Nice color!   77.gif
- Pave the Bay -

gr8kornholio

I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

pbraun

Just 65 Old English White with the burgundy highlights ........ 77.gif   thanks!  It does look different in the bright sunlight than in the shade of a garage.

Peter
65 Moke
60 Bugeye modified