1982 Refurbish

Started by 94touring, April 24, 2009, 06:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

Did the final touches to the windscreen panel and seems to be a pretty good match.  Put the window seal on to double check and looks fine.  My concern was the ridge/lip the runs along the seam would look out of whack.

I should have brought my surfboard to ride the waves on this door.  Should be good now.

Quick fix to a minor dent on the wing.

94touring

Tomorrow I would like to finish up both doors, primer some of the other spots I've been fixing up, and have the car 100% prepped for paint.  The doors will need prepping on both sides and will probably consume most of my day.  I think I'll shoot for the weekend to have both blue and red minis painted. 

MD-IN-UK

Dude, do have a job, or is this your livelyhood??? ???
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY REMAINS LONG AFTER THE SWEETNESS OF LOW PRICE IS FORGOTTEN

94touring

I'm doing a few other odds and ends for a friend in town, but it makes paying bills pretty tight to say the least. 

Minicop

94, It looks great! I like your work, and you are very quick too. When I get settled back in the states, I am really going to pay you a visit.

94touring

Well thank you.  :)  Didn't take any pics today.  Just a bunch of prepping.  Doors are pretty much prepped and ready to go.  Going to try for paint tomorrow depending how my day goes. 

94touring

Another horribly long day of prepping and cleaning and taping, and cleaning and taping and taping and taping.  Got a coat of paint on, but have 2 or 3 small spots I'm not happy with, so I'll have to work on those with some wetdry paper and give it another shot of paint.  Had one area that didn't feather well with the primer and existing paint too, almost like it wanted to crackle but didn't.  First time experiencing that.  All and all its looking good, still gotta get my roof black too. 

94touring

Alrighty I'm pretty much done.  Just gotta reassemble and then color sand a little and buff. 

94touring

Just went back over to the shop I've been working out of to check on things, clean up, and see how the hood looks on the car really quick.  Its pretty nice.  I went the whole time without getting bugs or debri in my paint, but this stupid rain today managed to leak through his metal roof and drip on my left wing.  Might be able to color sand it out, but probably going to need to reclear it after I color sand out the water spots it left. 

Minicop

Oooooo :o So shiney!! Looks great! I like the bonnet stripes too!

94touring

The bonnet stripes compliment the wheels and flares for sure.  Can't wait to get it on the road for a cruise around town.  Its going to draw some serious attention. 

Minicop

That's not fair!! Classic Minis are a lot more common here, so they don't draw as much attention as in the states. I take mine out for a drive out in Japan and nobody cares. Small cars are the norm here. I like that attention, it means your driving the RIGHT kind of car. A unique one that is rarely seen on the streets. Standing out is a good thing! 8)

94touring

Fixed the water spotted wing today, gotta wait another day or so now before I can color sand and buff.  Also started putting some things back on, so its looking like a car again. 

94touring

Interior is in and putting the exterior back on as well.  Threw a couple flares on real quick to take a photo. 

I also started to clean up the wheels, cause they have some scuff looking marks on them.  Would appear someone tried to clear coat them or something at one time....its peeling.  Anyone know if any of those wheel paints look good?  I really need to just sand them down and give them a even coating to freshen them up. 

joltfreak

check out the official website for updates!!!!! 

94touring

Color sanded, buffed and reassembled.  Still gotta put the new chrome locking strip in and I forgot to put the wipers on.  Bled the clutch and lubed the gas pedal some more, cause it was sticking a little, and she's good to go.  Also got some wheel paint and it looks pretty good on the area I tested, so gotta clean up the wheels on the flawed areas a little more and give them a couple coats.   

Minicop

It brings a tear to my eye! Beautiful!

94touring

Well thank you.  :) 

Minicop

So...Batman; ya, YOU! Are you ready to go pick up your new toy? ;D

94touring

Had to bleed the clutch some more today on my way to the title agency.  All fixed up now.  I forgot how unpleasant the NC DMV people are.  Can't title a car without my NC drivers licence, so drive into town to get that.  Can't get an NC drivers licence without a social security card....won't accept any other form of ID.  I conveniantly don't have my card anymore.  I have to take a drivers exam and show a bunch of other crap.  Bastages. 

WOW! Great looking car. Has Batman's name all over it  ;)

I had a set of wheels painted for my truck, two and a half years later they still look good. Only a couple of chips here and there, my painter said he baked them in the booth for a long time though. Here's a pic, it's for sale!

94touring

I know Batman needs to get his act together.  This mini is for sale for $8500, which I think is a smoking deal compared to similar minis in not as good condition. 

How about a trade for a clean '02 Nissan Frontier?  ;D

94touring

If only I wanted rusty mini shells and a nissan frontier this mini would be gone, lol. 

LOL! It was worth a shot..  :P