Hard brake lines - how do they go?

Started by pbraun, September 02, 2015, 05:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pbraun

Either steel, copper or stainless........  I just plain forget how they all get bent. - never took this one apart & haven't in many years..... Can't find an exact drawing set for any Mini, much less my 65 LHD Moke.

Anyone have good pictures with the engine out of the front subframe that would show details of the brake fittings on the frame?

Also looking for the rear treatment , going to the different sides from the brake bias thingy. I am such a moron I need help!!!!!!!!!! ;D :D

thanks in advance!   

Peter
65 Moke
60 Bugeye modified
66 Jaguar XJ13 ( I can wish )

MiniDave

Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

pbraun

Thanks! Have to look on a large screen, not phone....
Peter
65 Moke
60 Bugeye modified

jeff10049

some pictures not great detail of the brake lines but some on page 2 and 3 of my build thread car not moke but might help http://www.restorationmini.com/forum/index.php?topic=625.50

Jeff

MtyMous

I'll try to get some detailed pictures of my Mk4 split system when I get home. Not sure how much it'll help your application though. I'll post them in my build thread.

jedduh01

I sent Peter some pictures directly from my Moke earlier this week.

For forum sake - here are they are posted for the future!

66 Mk1 Moke - original brake lines- I removed- cleaned up  + re used.

MiniDave

Boy howdy I hope that last pic isn't a brake line!   ;D
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

pbraun

Could explain soft pedal! 

Thanks, J!  That helped a lot!  Now I have realized that my moke is apparently missing part of the bracket that holds the brass three way fitting shown in your 3rd picture. The same bracket welded onto the cross brace chassis member that holds the clutch slave end and hard line union. It has a lip and a folded over piece that holds the three way.  Mine doesn't have that lip, and I ain't gonna fabricate one now.

Have to figure out what would look nice and function well. 
Peter
65 Moke
60 Bugeye modified

jedduh01

IT wont be a moke if you don't have the brake TEE bracket!

Make one up-  No one will ever know the difference!

What im saying is - its a Separate part - not welded or fastened to the body - the Clutch Hose holds it in place for the Brake Tee bracket.