85 tahiti blue (flur continued)

Started by 94touring, April 03, 2013, 07:14:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

Fires right up and drives too.  Though my two minute test drive resulted in a broken fan belt, lol. 

Twichel04

Really? That was a new belt too... After you came down, she sat in that parking spot for a little over two weeks before I had a chance to go out and start her. Fired right up on the first key turn with no problem and drove surprisingly well for only running on 3 cyls, lol.

94touring

Pretty sure that valve is unstuck.  Doesn't seem to be missing.  I have the new crank sensor for it too. 

Twichel04

Awesome. I thought it felt a little smoother and peppier when I took her for a final spin around the block. I am actually glad that you already have it sold. I am very anxious to see her restored, and being sold just means that I get to see the progress a little quicker haha.

94touring

I already have the paint for it!    Lid shot.

Davisio

The color is marvelous. Will really complement the walnut dash and black interior.  71.gif

Must start building the wood/splitter shed to make room in the garage.......  4.gif

94touring

I fly to Tulsa tomorrow and will put a couple days into this week.  I start gutting it and hopefully cutting off a lot of metal.

wevebeenhad

Great there have not been ANY updates on this site in what feels like 9 years! Glad I will have some fun things to watch be repaired. No thanks to me!

94touring

Started dismantling.  Also saw that the water pump took a crap.  Must have siezed up causing the belt to break.  Its leaking from the weap hole pretty good.

Twichel04

94touring

Twichel04

Well that puts all my hard corning into perspective, lol   :-\

Mudhen

Quote from: Twichel04 on April 30, 2013, 04:19:44 PM
Well that puts all my hard corning into perspective, lol   :-\

Dude, you're lucky to be alive!  Especially after that track day...  71.gif

Mudhen

Quote from: Davisio on April 30, 2013, 05:08:55 PM
Awesome!

You're going to have a whole bunch of VERY cool before and after pics!!!!!!!!!!

Davisio

So... that's the front sub-frame?

Busted or rotten?

Or, busted from rotting? Heh.

94touring

Don't see any rot on it, just busted right there where the lower engine stabilizer attaches.  I've never seen one do that before. 8.gif

MiniGene

What's even more crazy is the axle and dif you pulled off that thing!

94touring

Quote from: MiniGene on April 30, 2013, 07:38:20 PM

Took me the longest time to figure out what you were talking about, lol.  Yes, the previous owner installed a tractor axle and diff.  Probably why the subby broke. 

Mudhen

Quote from: MiniGene on April 30, 2013, 07:38:20 PM

:D

94touring

Engine off and a few other bits and pieces.  Some of it took some doing and still soaking a couple odds and ends.  The coolant system is going to need a good flush.  The heater and lines going to and from have a lot of sludge.  The new radiator looks nice though!  Will have to drop the rear subby when I get back in a couple weeks.

wevebeenhad

94touring

I know, two weeks feels like a lifetime.  I will have some good time at the end of the month and beginning of next month to knock out a ton of work. 

Davisio

Woohoo!!!!

The end of the month begins in 5 days!

:D

94touring

I'll be home in a few days to work a couple, then back the 28th to the 7th.  Suspect I will get most if not all the metal work done then.  Then I go on vacation for a week.