85 tahiti blue (flur continued)

Started by 94touring, April 03, 2013, 07:14:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

Well I have pictures to upload but somethings screwy with the server and it won't let me.  Over here cursing this damn thing.  I got the car on a rotissier.  Rather than take my truck off the rotissier I built another one.  You can never have too many rotissiers right? 

94touring

Finally back to normal, ok here was what I wanted to post.

Started off by cutting lengths of pipe for the rotissier.

Then got the thing on its side, killed a black widow spider that had a nest under there, and started needle scaling.  Once I do some patch work along some of the inner cills, and each rear wheel arch has a bad spot at the tops, the rest is all boot reconstruction and the metal work is done. 

Taking tomorrow off, more pics in a couple days :)

Davisio

Quote from: 94touring on June 01, 2013, 10:26:41 PM
Once I do some patch work along some of the inner cills, and each rear wheel arch has a bad spot at the tops, the rest is all boot reconstruction and the metal work is done. 

Ack!

Guess I need to start clearing the shed area (split the firewood in the way) and get to the lumber yard!

94touring

Well you still have some time.  Metal work is just phase one, lol.  Many phases left to go!

Davisio

I'm out of town for most of the month of July. I'd still better get started. While the weather's still cooperating....

94touring

Cut out a little more than anticipated, but definetly no rot left.

Made sure to put the jacking point back in after I had to refab it up a little since it was also rotten.  At some point I plan on making jacking points that fit into the hole for the jacking point which will make jacking a car up easy. 

A little cleanup left on this sill and onto the other side.  I had a big box of carpet show up today too. 

94touring

Did some rear end surgery today.  Cut out some more and fit in all the new.  Everything came together very nicely, no issues.  Well one issue, while the boot lid fit good, they didn't offset the holes for the handle.  So I get to offset this one and the two others I have for sale I'm assuming.  I guess there could be worse problems.

Went ahead and took out the closing plates too while I hacked out the sub mounting plates.

El garbage.

Tack welded up after test fitments.  I have my share of welding cut out for me. 

Davisio

MPlayle

Boot lid meant for the later style handle?  It looks like you test fit with an earlier 'T' style handle instead of the flatter late style.

94touring

Oh, lol, nah actually I tried to fit the later style handle, but since it was offset I used what Richard had on there which was a garage door handle, which had an extra long square peg to fit in the slot.  Made it easy to turn the lock to hold it in place while I fitted things.

94touring

Was kind of lazy today.  Did some  fab work on this screwed up corner.

Was all pancaked and flat.

Got the one of the sub mounting plates done too.

94touring

Finishing up the metal work today.   Last of the small patches and spot welds.   I have the burnt arms to prove it.

Davisio

Woohoo!

And I just put the rafters on the shed!

94touring

I have a lot of grinding to do.   We just bought a new welder that is legit.  No more flux core, and can get a spot welder attachment for it.   Life just keeps getting better.

Davisio

Pics! or it didn't happen.  4.gif

Mudhen

jedduh01

All that with Flux Core!    :-\   Wow  - I could never get flux core to go smoothly!

.. I ran flux for a bit before buying gas bottle to convert to Mig .. Once now gas with Mig-- will Never go back....

- co worker reminded me he put floorboards in his dodge 20 years ago with Arc -- I wouldnt even know where to start!

94touring

I've gotten good with a flux core welder.  The Lincoln I use is pretty good for what it is.  But its still flux core...

94touring

Back to my day job tomorrow  :(  Here's a few pics before I go.  When I get back I need to continue cleaning the underside and sandblast/prime the floors and boot. 

Almost would have been easier if I had new inner cills, but I didn't...so patch O matic. 

Redid this corner.  Fabbed piece ready to go in.

I'll get a pic once this is cleaned up, but I took part of another left over floor pan and used a graph from it to make the curves and contours match up here.

And the tricky one, which wasn't as tricky as I thought it was going to be. 

Davisio

Mudhen

Quote from: 94touring on June 14, 2013, 03:11:39 PM

I still need to do that piece on mine...and my '65 needs it, too.  Keep the shutter clicking on it, plz...  19.gif

94touring

I just sold a set of floor pans, down to one set left, and a non restoration style for one of the sides also. 

Davisio

I knew that I could never do body work...... No patience. Lol. I'm already getting ticked off that my shed isn't done. Stupid crooked thinga thing that hold the roof up.

94touring

I have my paint booth to build yet too before I can start spraying this thing....well anything that's of importance.

Mudhen

Quote from: Davisio on June 14, 2013, 06:14:32 PM
Stupid crooked thinga thing that hold the roof up.

22.gif

I hate that thing!   8.gif