85 tahiti blue (flur continued)

Started by 94touring, April 03, 2013, 07:14:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davisio

Did I ever mention that I found 1985 "Wander" Indiana license plate for it?

Yep.

Why?

Because the state says I can run them!  17.gif

94touring

Mudhen

Quote from: 94touring on January 29, 2014, 05:02:13 PM
after I do an alignment.

Definitely would like to hear about how you do that yourself...my dad had some tool that I never could seem to figure out - some adjustable rods and such.  I'd always take it someplace locally and then return dejected when they said, '10" wheels?  sorry...our sensors wouldn't fit'.

Twichel04

You can set your toe with just a tape measure and a couple of yard sticks (used as a straight edge). You can also use a digital angle finder from Harbor Frieght to make a tool to help you set your camber/caster.

94touring

Yeah just a lot of measuring.   
Headed home for the day.  Did more tidying up.  I re cleared the one fender that I scraped up some time ago doing the wipers.   So that's drying.   Fine tuned the jets on the washers too lol.  4 jets!

94touring

130.gif

Done.  Adjusted the valves, nearly forgot to wire up the reverse lights but got those figured out.  Cleaned up and took it for a spin.  Hauls ass and stops on a dime.  She came a long ways. 

Mudhen

Willie_B

Twichel04

:-\ I'll have my car back now. Thanks, lol  50.gif 11.gif 11.gif 50.gif

Mudhen

Quote from: Twichel04 on February 01, 2014, 08:37:46 AM
:-\ I'll have my car back now. Thanks, lol  50.gif 11.gif 11.gif 50.gif

22.gif

You were well on your way to this very spot when you had it.

Twichel04

Even so, it's a good thing I sold it to Dan. There is no way I could have gotten her to this point in this amount of time. This would have taken me years!

94touring

There was only everything broken on it  :D. 

MtyMous

94touring

Quote from: MtyMous on February 01, 2014, 10:50:16 AM
Awesome. What a top notch resto.

Rolling you into the shop along with the Houston car once I get back.  FYI I have to buy you new lug nuts.  I kinda had to steal yours. 

MtyMous

Well that's good news. Can't wait to see some progress on my little animal. Haha. Glad my car could be of assistance.

Davisio

Can't wait to see it IRL!

Thursday can't come soon enough.......!

94touring

Almost there.  It's -4°f out and the car won't stay warm.  Good thing I have 3 jackets with me.  Had to stop to tighten the fan belt once.   

MtyMous

Davisio

Car is now titled and plated. Wander Indiana plates are legal. Lol. That was "easy".

Will take some pics when the weather clears (freezing rain and still lots of snow here).

Did put k&N filter in, $30 on amazon (fyi). Also got some new headlights since the hi-beams went out. No worries. Easy enough once I figured out the adjustment screws (not to use them to remove the headlamps). lol.

94touring

MiniGene

Davisio

I promised Dan a picture..... This is all I have at the moment....

I now have title and plates all in my name. It be official. It be mine.

Drove it work last Friday. Scared me to death with all the potholes. It's amazing how you can ignore those in a truck, but sit in a car and ......  9.gif!

Anywhos..... the weather will clear [they say] and I'll get a chance to really get it out and run it. Thinking a run to the hills of southern Indiana may be in order in the not to distant..... well.... after these week of sub-freezing temps anyways.....

94touring

Ha.  I was expecting a pic between exotic cars!  Yes watch out for the potholes.

Chase

I love this thread. thanks so much for sharing panel replacement pics. love the paint as well. Great stuff here

94touring