Author Topic: Tink: My '89 Mini  (Read 134068 times)

Offline MtyMous

Re: Tink: My '89 Mini
« Reply #600 on: December 19, 2017, 01:50:58 AM »
Guys... Shooting video is easy. Editing video is a bitch. Also, My audio SUCKS! Who knew? I'm gonna re-film something just because I didn't get the right angles and the audio is straight up shit. haha. Live and learn. Anyway, I'm hoping to have a new video up by Friday. Another one next week, and a third one by the end of next week.

I made a TON of progress on the engine build now that I have a legit engine stand thanks to Keith Adams and his brilliant engineering brain. I would recommend this engine stand adapter to absolutely anyone. Makes access a simple task and rotates about it's geometric center. and THIS THING IS BEEFY!!

Engine Assembly Top End

Classic Mini Engine Stand 1

Classic Mini Engine Stand 2

Classic Mini Engine Stand 3

Classic Mini Engine Stand 4

Took a trip to the hardware store to buy some higher quality fasteners as well. Probably spent more money than I needed to, but good fasteners make me feel good about myself. lol. Here's a little glimpse of what's gonna be featured on one of the next videos. Mmmm...

KENT Duplex Vernier Timing Chain

Offline MiniDave

« Reply #601 on: December 19, 2017, 10:13:28 AM »
Nice DSN timing chain cover, I'm a little surprised you didn't go with belt drive as long as you were at it......

What did the adaptor plate cost?
1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
1969 Jaguar XK-E FHC
2004 Audi Allroad 2.7 TT

Offline MtyMous

« Reply #602 on: December 20, 2017, 09:49:15 AM »
I thought about going with a belt setup, but wanted to stick with the chan for now. The Kent chain is well trusted by the reaching community folks I've talked with.

The DSN stuff is excellent. Great fit. Perfect finish, and honestly, a MUCH better solution. The seals, fit, everything. Is better than factory. It's a true solution, not just pretty.

I think i paid $225 for this piece, but honestly I don't know. I bought half their catalogue when I placed this order. Lol

Offline MiniDave

« Reply #603 on: December 20, 2017, 09:58:24 AM »
I agree about the quality of DSN stuff, but like KAD (also good stuff) they are SPENDY! Stan has a number of DSN pieces on his engine, most obvious is the valve cover, but the coil bracket is a beautiful piece of engineering, and looks good too!

I was asking about the cost of the engine adaptor plate, for the engine stand......the one from Keith Adams......
1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
1969 Jaguar XK-E FHC
2004 Audi Allroad 2.7 TT

Offline MtyMous

« Reply #604 on: December 20, 2017, 08:23:24 PM »
I like the look of the valve cover, but isn't it difficult to adjust valves with that thing?

The engine stand adapter... woops! haha. I'm not sure what Keith is selling them for to everyone. Get a hold of him on Facebook and he'll give you a price.

https://www.facebook.com/wkeith.adams

Offline MiniDave

« Reply #605 on: December 20, 2017, 08:28:57 PM »
Just like a regular valve cover, there are only two nuts holding it on, so I would remove it if I were adjusting the valves.....
1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
1969 Jaguar XK-E FHC
2004 Audi Allroad 2.7 TT

Offline jeff10049

« Reply #606 on: December 20, 2017, 10:52:45 PM »
Guys... Shooting video is easy. Editing video is a bitch. Also, My audio SUCKS! Who knew?

Yep In my restoration thread, I said I would do a video of painting I did but never got it edited to a postable quality I'm going to give it another shot and try to do a better one.