Mini's in the Mountain's ~ VIII ~ Avon calling... Avon, CO

Started by batman1usa, February 01, 2013, 07:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

batman1usa

3.gif  If I had a mini I would surely be taking it.  Would love to see more showing of mini's.  In past years there has been just a slight showing with the most I've seen 5 or 6 and a Moke at Copper Mtn a few years ago.

67.gif  Is there some hidden reason more mini's don't attend?  I have heard the altitude does crazy things to carberation?  I don't really know.

http://minisinthemountains.com/

Anyway, I sure would like to see a bigger showing of classics myself.

127.gif   Come join us!!!!!

MPlayle

When the "MINIs in the Mountains first got started, it was being sponsored by MINI5280 - the new MINI club and they would tend to be a bit snooty about the new versus old split.  They would also tend to do their drives more rambunctious than most of the MOTR (the classic Mini folks) preferred.

A few years ago, I heard that most of MOTR had basically gone inactive as well.  Several of the former "die-hards" had even sold off their Minis.

wevebeenhad

I went this past summer with my 79'. I didnt go on any of the runs because I was late showing up and had it in the car show. Also one of the seals was loose (didnt know it yet) and it was idling very very high. I will be going this this years if i am still around not off on a contract or something somewhere.

They where not snooty at all to me. It was still run by mini5280. I got a sweet spot in front of everyone for most things. the photo, and car show.  Unfortunately they "judges" where just some winter park employees and had no idea how awesome my mini was! haha i did get a trophy for being the only mini. but it was more of a participation one.

I had a blast. And AVON will be much closer considering i am moving to Frisco, CO.
I Think we should get more classics going this year!

wevebeenhad

Oh and Batman, you can drive my car. It is a VTEC though. I may have both my classics there. as well as my wifes BINI countryman.

batman1usa

I saw you car and will hold you to the driving part.  Avon is going to be a nice change although, I loved Winter Park.  I had a fantastic condo and got a very reasoneable if not great price for the week.  I'm looking now for VRBO rental at Avon.

See you then

wevebeenhad

Yeah I live 45 min from avon. Also work for a company in avon. So conveniently I can leave my mini there and drive the wifes countryman back home to frisco at night! Just found out i may be in Belize this summer so hopefully wont overlap. 

wevebeenhad

BATMAN!!! are you going to MITM? I am not going to be available, but i have my mini in denver if you need a classic (vtec) to bring! I just ask that i get to have for sale signs in her! email. me josh.sluis@gmail

MiniDave

I'm building a tow bar for my classic so my wife will go with, she's not up for the "adventure" of driving a classic across scorching hot Kanas in the dead of August with no A/C......and that way she'll have her car to go shop or whatever if she's not up for that day's ride. We like to go to Colorado almost every summer, usually with a MINI group. We've done Winter Park all three times they had it there....but we missed last summer's event, we were at the opposite end of the state in Pagosa Springs.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

FSHnCHP

Quote from: MPlayle on February 01, 2013, 07:47:42 PM

A few years ago, I heard that most of MOTR had basically gone inactive as well.  Several of the former "die-hards" had even sold off their Minis.

MOTR is still going. It is not a large club, but it is a great club. There are a few new mini members even.
Meet every first Tuesday of the month except July and December at Bruz Beers.

stan360

The Stanley Hotel ....Used to go to Estes Park all the time when we were living in Ft Collins. Would of been fun to run around up there in a mini.