Harbor Freight Spray Gun

Started by snack, November 12, 2012, 09:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snack

I'm not sure if this is the gun that Dan talks about, but if it is, this looks like a good deal. Coupon attached $9.99.

Apparently HF is coding their coupons so the barcode and info under the barcode cannot be copied together.  If anyone is interested, email me at "snack51 at yahoo dot com" and I will forward you the email with the coupons.

94touring

The one I've been using is a little bottom feed detail gun, but I've used the one you posted before too.  Good for primer work.  I'll have to post a pic of the one I'm talking about. 

Mudhen

Quote from: 94touring on November 13, 2012, 02:08:15 AM
The one I've been using is a little bottom feed detail gun, but I've used the one you posted before too.  Good for primer work.  I'll have to post a pic of the one I'm talking about.

Should you have a separate gun for primer?

I was taking some notes on one of the Kevin Tetz video's and he said to use a 1.6 nozzle for high build, urethane primer - looking at Eastwood for different nozzles for the gun I bought, they have 1.2, 1.4, and 1.8 (which they say is for primer).  Typical!  Nothing is ever right on...

94touring

For filler primer I have a bottom feed gun with a 2.0 nozzle.  Otherwise sealer primer I use with my 1.3 gun.  Its thin and is can be painted directly over with no sanding, although I always sand, which is why any generic gun works good enough for primer.  I think the detail gun I have is a 1.4.  The filler primer is thick and won't even spray out of my 1.4 or 1.3 guns.