Dooders car getting some bodywork

Started by 94touring, September 30, 2012, 08:14:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

Ah that poor green machine.  Its on list of things to do.

94touring

And done with color sanding and buffing.  Here's a pic of his roof...

94touring

94touring

Mudhen

4.gif

Holy cow that looks a-w-e-s-o-m-e!!

94touring

He has some wheels that compliment the color combo I hope to post soon.

MiniGene

Good God!  That roof is amazing!!! And not just that, the whole car looks great!!!  Awesome job!

94touring

Funny story about the roof, I actually did the clear twice.  Was spraying a different clear I'm not use to and it gave me fits and came out a bit orange peely the first go around.

Mudhen

What did you use for paint (water based?) and clear and how many coats?

(side note:  just noticed the hydro lines - does the owner have his own suspension pump?  wondering about parts for mine...if he'd know anything about suppliers)

94touring

We sprayed sherwin williams in base coat/clear coat.  I usually spray dupont but couldn't pull up paint codes for targa red.  Two thick coats of clear.  I believe he has his own hydro pump stuff but you'd have to ask him how to use the stuff. 

94touring

Check out the wheels on this thing...

Mudhen

Quote from: 94touring on December 17, 2012, 12:04:06 PM
Check out the wheels on this thing...

Hold on, let me get my glasses...

The wheels look perfect on it!   71.gif

deanwilhite

Quote from: Mudhen on November 29, 2012, 02:58:41 PM
Is that the standard bump stop?  Holy crap..if I get some of those I'll never have to mess with my stupid hydrolastic suspension again!

That is a competition bump stop that has the top half cut off.

Mudhen

Cool, thx!

Do you have a suspension pump for that HL suspension?  If so, which kind?

My pump is in need of work and I'm wondering about parts for it...

94touring

MtyMous

Noooooo... What the heck happened? I LOVE this thread. The level of detail on your final welding/grinding/filler, and the wet sanding to perfection is the whole reason I chose to have you work on my car in the first place. haha. This thread, and recommendations by the owner of this car led me to your doorstep.

So what's the deal with the car?  :-[

94touring

Hit a pit bull and now it needs a new front end.  Damaged the hood pretty bad and wings took a beating too.  May end up replacing the whole front.  The old seams on the wings were already on their last life before so this may have put them over the edge. 

And thanks, that's nice to hear!

94touring

Redid the front end.  We had to fab up new rails on the inner wings, old ones were toast.  New inner wings would have been ideal but we didn't have time and so fabrication it was. 

We fixed a couple other minor spots and just went ahead and shot/recleared the whole car.

MtyMous

pbraun

Peter
65 Moke
60 Bugeye modified
66 Jaguar XJ13 ( I can wish )

towjoe

That came out great!
My old car was Guards Red with a black roof. Later changed to a white roof. Florida sun.
60 long gone.
New ride a Brit Open. Just finished 1293 engine and gearbox with 2.95 diff.
Regards
Joe
AKA towjoe

joltfreak

check out the official website for updates!!!!! 

94touring

Mudhen

There's only one thing to say about that.

4.gif

94touring