Mini Sport USA?

Started by Mudhen, May 05, 2012, 03:13:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

MiniSpares does that too, but they do seem to wait a few days before letting you know on a low stock item whether they actually have it.  I ran into that just last week when I tried to order the rocker arm spacer kit - the web page said low stock but it was three days after placing the order before I got an email telling me they were out of stock and asking if I wanted the rest of the order, which I just cancelled.

I've always had excellent customer service from Mike and MiniSport so it's good to hear they have a competitive shipping deal in place.

Mike, if I order on Sunday, I usually  have my MiniSpares order on my porch Wed, Thursday at the latest. Will your Fed Ex deal work like this too?
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Fastclown

If everything is in stock and you choose DHL or UPS, then yes as shipping with them is 2-3 days average. The cheaper Economy (FedEx) takes about 4-5 days. It's worth the savings if you're not in a hurry. Note, our on site, stock is updated every night and gives an exact count of the stock. Granted if there is just one in stock and someone else placed an order the same day before you, you're out of luck.

Mike

Armycook

They're cheap and the slowest in shipping hands down. I bought a set of white Cooper S wheels with tires set and it says there out of stock and will have to stock within 9-14 days or something. I purchased it anyway and my money was taken out so fast from my acct then after a week i asked if they can give me a ball park estimate date that way i'd have an idea when to expect it and they couldn't give me a reply. after bugging their facebook and contact us link on their website they were apologizing that their supplier didn't have any and will have to wait at least 2 months. I told them if i knew it would be that long that i wouldn't even order. they got back to me and said they'd like to offer me a set in silver anyway and would be available in a month. Cheapest but slow.

Fastclown

The ETA listed on out of stock items is based on our suppliers having them in stock. It would be impossible to have the stock of each item linked to each supplier to be updated. When in doubt it is best to contact me so I can get a better ETA on out of stock items. Feel free to contact me any time direct as I don't spend much time on the FB page. mike@minisport-usa.com or 321-890-9888 Florida. Unfortunately when parts are out of stock we are at the mercy of suppliers, but when everything is in stock, we're as fast as anybody. Like I mentioned earlier, it must be nice to be Spares and only take orders for what is in stock, everybody is happy for that order. But then you have to place more orders as parts come in to stock.

Armycook

Thanks but I did not know that. And I wish I have that information somewhere in the website.
I understand every store is different and I was just very frustrated that I even ask to just refund or just have me buy another available item in equal value as I needed other things but customer service chose to ignore that and insisted I wait.. Cant really do anything as the store already got my money. Lucky you guys have no Yelp.

Fastclown

"Cant really do anything as the store already got my money." Seriously not true. If you want a refund or to change your order let me know. My contact information is the only contact information on the USA website under "Contact Us" and my phone number is also on the upper right of every page.

MPlayle

I second what Mike is saying.  I have contacted him when a backorder item was taking longer than expected.  He is very responsive at trying to get better ETAs from the UK side.

I have not had problems locating the "Contact Us" information (even without logging in to the website).

Armycook

Oh i have no problem finding where the Contact Us link on their website. My issue was is that I mentioned to just either replace my order or get a refund and they just insist on taking care of it which they did but it's just harder for someone who doesn't know who doesn't have a "go to" guy like you guys have. I don't know the website didn't mention contact Mike for shipping inquiries. if it did then i didn't see it.

I noticed they don't make those cooper S wheel set available anymore at the website like the last time i checked a few days ago. I don't wanna sound like a spoiled brat here. I just don't know who Mike Guido is.

MiniDave

Dennis, give Mike a call and get to know him, he's a great resource for our little cars and he'll be able to help you, I promise!  4.gif

If you ordered the steel Cooper S wheels my understanding is the quality was so low they quit using that supplier and are looking for another. If you're talking about the alloy ones, I hear those are very good.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Armycook

Yeah i've no choice as i need these stores lol. But seriously the website isn't user friendly to new users. I noticed a splash page where they mentioned to contact Mike and there's also two contact us links which directs to two different contact infos with a form. it's not helpful. I make websites on the side and big factor nowadays is user experience design. if a new user can't find things they need then they go elsewhere hence makes your bounce rate higher on google analytics. Splash pages doesn't help. Why do i need to make two clicks to where i wanna go when you can make it one. So much for my bitch fit. sorry for my long rant. I'm really a good person too.

MiniDave

Are you accessing it from your phone? I always use my laptop......

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Armycook

Doesn't matter where you access it. If the website is built to work on a laptop or a PC and if the website is constructed for mobile use (which it is) then it should work, otherwise they need to hire a new web developer. You can't make a storefront website that appears can be used on all mobile devices not work. I know because I used to do this for a living. I know it can't be perfect but I'd hate to be the guy for this to happen to.

Armycook

So I end up contacting Mike and it was night and day difference with customer service. He went above and beyond to look at my orders and even pointed out i double ordered on another item. So to conclude this drama episode, I end up finding out from the silver replica cooper S wheels that the difference between that and the original is the bulging reinforced part where the lug nuts would go. Looking at the white set, it's just hard to see those details compared to the more contrast photo of the silver wheels. I end up cancelling the whole set.

I wrote in their contact form I'm building a Monte Carlo rally replica car and it would be nice if someone from the U.K. minisport to inform me that without the hubcaps it will not look right with my car. Don't they have Paddy Hopkirk's rally replica car there????

MiniDave

Excellent, I'm glad you and Mike were able to talk......onward then..... 4.gif

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Armycook

Yes he is very helpful. Thanks for referring him to me.