Tink: My '89 Mini

Started by MtyMous, April 01, 2013, 08:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimini II

I saw a 1275 Mini a few years ago and he mounted his stock radiator to the inner fender and used an electric fan with no shroud, he did have a small scoup under the front panel that helped with the air flow and never had overheating issues here in Florida.

MtyMous

Hmmm. I guess we'll just have to see what she needs. I'm not opposed to a custom front mount radiator

MtyMous

I think I'm gonna do a vacuum formed fan shroud on an electric fan. We'll see how that turns out. haha

Also, NEW VIDEO UPLOADED!!

Just adding another video to the series I just started. I'm working on upgrading everything on the car, especially the lights. I like to drive at night so an LED Lightbar for the backroads will come in handy. Check out my install video if you like working on your mini and want to see how I did it!

MiniDave

Your editing skills have improved, along with the extra lighting in the shop, it makes the vids much better.

Where's the Viper?
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MtyMous

Thanks Dave. Always appreciated. I really wanted to try some new stuff with this one and raise the entertainment value and make it more like a conversation with friends. The ride-along at the beginning wasn't even planned. Lol

Sold the viper because they mini is making me go bankrupt. J/K, it's at my friend's supercar shop getting some work done and making room in the garage. Lol

MtyMous

I'm back from Japan... and other countries. And I'm finally getting back into Tink. I've been hone a total of 2 months in the last 7 months, and those were non sequential.

First order of business... lets get some interior and wiring done!!

I just bought these.

MiniDave

Spendy - $469 according to their website.....look comfy if you can fit in them.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MtyMous

They start at $469. Lol. Add suede and heated seats and other things and it gets more expensive. Lol We'll see how the rest goes. Matching the rear seat to the front should be interesting. Haha

MiniDave

I noticed the ones that recline are quite a bit more!  :-\

I'd love to find a set of seats from a 96-2000 Mini, they look really comfy.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MtyMous

Not really a fan of most recliners honestly. They're too generic and not enough bucjet or they're way too ricer race car. The only ones that recline AND look good to me are about $1500 a piece and they still don't do enough for me to justify the price

MtyMous

Howdy gents. Back from a deployment and more travel than In care to think about.  Finally getting back into Tink!

Headliner in,  wiring nearly done,  glass going in (the front and rear glass are a real bitch)  and hopefully driving by the fall

She looks like a barn find right now

94touring

Looks dusty!

Also, where were you deployed?

MtyMous

Was doing Afghanistan things.  It was a blast 😑

94touring

You ride out on one of our planes?  I'm flying for Omni now.

Willie_B

Still have your Viper?

MtyMous

Quote from: 94touring on May 30, 2022, 02:01:40 PM

I was in a grey tail

MtyMous

Quote from: Willie_B on May 30, 2022, 02:15:52 PM
Still have your Viper?

Yes sir. Driving it almost daily.  Lol

94touring

Quote from: MtyMous on May 30, 2022, 02:19:17 PM
Quote from: 94touring on May 30, 2022, 02:01:40 PM

I was in a grey tail

Riding large then!  I'm on the 777 side with a different color tail.

MtyMous

Window is in.  All windows in!

94touring

What was the trick after having that first glass/rubber combo not work?

MiniDave

It's really coming together now, bet you can't wait to get it on the road again!

Will this take the record for longest active restoration? April 2009 is when this thread started!    77.gif

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MtyMous

Passenger side lower corner had too much metal on the seam. Needed to be cut and reprofiled. Wasn't difficult. Just fiddled with the shape until it matched the other side. Window coud then be slid into place and worked around to an even finish.

Videos of all of this will be posted

MtyMous

Quote from: MiniDave on June 06, 2022, 08:31:38 AM
It's really coming together now, bet you can't wait to get it on the road again!

Will this take the record for longest active restoration? April 2009 is when this thread started!    77.gif

I didn't realize how much having glass installed would make me want to get her on the road.  It's a car again

94touring

Quote from: MtyMous on June 06, 2022, 09:09:25 AM
Passenger side lower corner had too much metal on the seam. Needed to be cut and reprofiled. Wasn't difficult. Just fiddled with the shape until it matched the other side. Window coud then be slid into place and worked around to an even finish.

Videos of all of this will be posted

Cool, so it was overlapping just a bit too much vs the upper dash profile.