AcesLow's 1973 Morris Pick up

Started by AcesLow, April 05, 2011, 02:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

Good to see full floor halfs!  Get it on a rotisier and its really not that bad to cut out the old floor and put those in place.  Take your time and mount the subframe when installing the subframe attach panel.  Might not even be a horrible idea to mount the subframe to whats there now, leave it in place, cut out the old mount panel and install the new one.  I didn't replace the whole panel at once, but only cut out one side at a time and made triple sure it bolted up.  I could see how easy it would be to have things off and not be able to bolt the subby after the fact.   

AcesLow

I'm going crazy not being able to work on my truck... Somerfordmini will hopefully have my panels to me by the first week of March... They are waiting for one panel to come into stock. I ordered in December. I did order some cool parts from DSN.

94touring

That's cool, I'm thinking of going with the same stearing wheel.  What part is the holdup?

AcesLow

Inner wing LHD side. They said they had one and when they went ship realized it was the wrong part..

They are waiting for their shipment from heritage which should be there on Monday. So hopefully I see them in the beginning of March.

94touring

At least they caught it before shipping the wrong panel.

MPlayle

What steering wheel is that and will it work on a MK-I?  What boss kit is required?  Where ordered?

I am thinking of replacing the original "bus" steering wheel on my 61 - it is showing cracks and the center push button pops out easily.  The set screw area is cracked and doesn't hold it as well as it should.

Thanks,
Michael Playle

AcesLow

94touring - Yeah that is a good thing. It's just holding me up.

MPlayle - SST7008 is the boss part number. SST7037 is the alloy horn replacement (plastic horn push comes standard with the boss. Then you have the option for the wheel. Vinyl,leather and wood.

SST7006 - Vinyl
SST7009 -leather
SST7007 - Wood

All these part numbers are from dsnclassics.co.uk  I ordered from them because they have some nice billet made stuff. I ordered on a Tuesday and received it on Friday. I'm sure if you have a supplier closer they will have the same parts.

MPlayle

Thanks!  I'll look those up on the DsnClassics site for attempting to cross reference or order.  Some of the suppliers I use have various steering wheels, but most are listed as "NOT for Minis with center push horn" such as the MK-I like I have.

AcesLow

ARGHHH. Somerford updated me today. Third week in March for my panels 50.gif. I am getting them to ship what they have so I can get going. GB carparts website says they have the missing part that I need. Hopefully they get back to me today so I can order it.

Mini brakes use a double flare correct? 9.gif

94touring

Bummer.  I'm having to wait a month for my bed halfs to arrive too. 

joltfreak

Quote from: AcesLow on February 29, 2012, 06:52:57 AM
Mini brakes use a double flare correct? 9.gif

Yes, they use a Double/bubble flare
check out the official website for updates!!!!! 

AcesLow

I ordered in December.... Four months for one panel to be made is a little nuts.

94touring

Yeah 4 months is a bit excessive.  As long as gb has it in stock, might as well go that route. 

AcesLow

They do. Shipping is pricey though.

AcesLow

Somerford shipped my order today and credited me for out of stock panel.GB is shipping me the panel Somerfordmini did'nt have.

WIN 4.gif WIN 71.gif

94touring

Awesome, now let's see you get some work done!

AcesLow

I'm working on it. I have a question. All my Trunnions are the same size. Was this done on some years and then they upgraded to the bigger trunnion? Or is mine just slapped together with the wrong hardware.

94touring

I believe mine are all the stepped style.  There is a square stye trunion also, but not sure what the advantages are between the two. 

AcesLow

hmmm. my rubber bushing kit they sent me has a set for the rectangle and a set for the stepped.
This doesnt help me when mine are all stepped... Damn need to make another order.

94touring

I'll have to double check my box of parts and see if I have both or not.  I thought the only difference might be the length of the bolts used. 

AcesLow

76 and on had the rectangle trunnions and 76 and prior have the four stepped. The Kit that minispares is for 76 and on. Just need to order the new trunnions i guess

AcesLow

GB panel showed up! tow more nights of work and then I am going to start welding. Ordered some more bits from DSN. One more small order from Mini spares and I should have everything.

94touring. Do your bed sides spot weld to the load bed on the front side of the wheel arch? Reason I ask is I was reading somewhere that there is a rubber strip that goes in there and that is it.

94touring

Only rubber strip I'm familiar with runs along the sides of the bed.  Could you show me the exact spot you're talking about?   

94touring

Ok that's what I thought, so the gap is filled with rubber and from what I could tell on the remaining metal underneath the bastard bed on mine, we'll spot weld on the metal platform along the inner cill in that corner.  Are you cutting into that to replace that inner cill support panel?