Carb identification updated

Started by Richard1, April 03, 2011, 08:22:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard1

I'm trying to identify the carb I got on my 75 pickup with the 988cc so I can maybe just rebuild it and put it on the 1275cc I'm getting.
What I have is a SU 1 3/4" PDC2A with a tag that says FZX-250-WK437 on the number plate.

(Don't know why I only had a partial post from this morning)

94touring

I think my carb off my 1275 is a 1 and 3/4.  If you can't use yours I'll be selling mine for cheap. 

Richard1

Quote from: 94touring on April 03, 2011, 12:03:39 PM
I think my carb off my 1275 is a 1 and 3/4.  If you can't use yours I'll be selling mine for cheap. 

That is a strong possibility. Do you have anything else? I'll need an alternator, etc.

And looks like you are close to my brother.. Tucson..... He owns the Azure Gate Bed and Breakfast

94touring

I'll need my alt, but off the top of my head I have a later model front subby, bunch of various sized spare wheels, later model 2 gauge speedo/tach, leyland style steering wheel, 25d (if I'm not mistaken) distributor, boot lid for a saloon, air filter box, almost new brake master,  and I think I have a spare windshield rubber piece too and maybe extra chrome filet.  

Richard1

I'll keep in touch. If you've looked over my project, you will see I have a bit to do. I ordered a set of wheels and tires from mini sport, along with a bunch of stuff. I'll have to figure out what to do about the spare. I might have one rim, but none of the tires are worth anything.

Apparently there are parts missing to put the radiator in right. I presume I should replace the alternator. It had a Mitsubishi one on there, but haven't tested it or started looking to see if it would line up or has the right pulley. And don't know if the starter will work on the 1275.

Will also need axles, but was told I have to see the transmission first, and that is on it's way to me, hopefully by the end of the month.