Mini Meet North 2011

Started by joltfreak, January 08, 2011, 07:47:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joltfreak

We're pleased to announce that registration is now open for Mini Meet North 2011!

We're also pleased to announce that we've teamed up with Dooderwear for a brand new shirt design in 2011

Check out www.minimeetnorth.com for information on registration and how to order shirts!!!!

It's only 6 Months until Mini Meet North!!

check out the official website for updates!!!!! 

joltfreak

Mini Meet North is the featured event at the 32nd Annual VARAC International Vintage Racing Festival June 17 - 19 2011 at the Historic Mosport International Raceway. Mini Meet North entrants will have full access to the whole festival including MMN specific events & prizes as well as free on site camping at the race track!
For those that don't want to camp, We have arranged a special rate at host hotel:
Holiday Inn
1011 Bloor E, Oshawa, ON.
Hwy. 401 Exit #419
Tel: (905) 576-5101

Just mention that your there for Mini Meet North or the VARAC Vintage Race Festival to get the discounted rate. Please remember that the hotel deadline is May 22 2011 and to please RSVP as soon as possible.

We have arranged a dyno to be available during the whole event, for those that with to REALLY see how much power they have under their hoods. It will be open to everyone and Mini Meet North entrants will get a special rate. This event looks like it will be a blast with probably some good magazine coverage!

This will be a weekend of Mini fun that will produce stories you'll be talking about for years to come. If you have a problem opening the files, the information is also on our site at www.minimeetnorth.com or email me directly at minimeetnorth@gmail.com.

I think it's safe to say that the interest in this event is amazing considering we're just getting started! As with any event, word of mouth is what makes it grow. With "the more Minis the merrier" philosophy, please spread the news about the event to other Mini
owners. Feel free to print the flyer and keep a couple in your Mini so you'll have them for when you see other Minis at other meets or just driving around.

Don't forget to get your Official Mini Meet North event shirt!! you can pre-order it from  http://www.minimeetnorth.com/swag.html and get it shipped directly to your home or order it on your Pre-Registration Form and pick it up at the event. These are the best ways to get one of these highly collectable shirts, thereââ,¬â,,¢s no guarantee of extras at the event!

OTHER NEWS: For those who have a ââ,¬Å"need for speedââ,¬Â there will be an

open lapping session on the Historic Mosport International Raceway ââ,¬â€œ Road course on Thursday June 16th 2011. We have arranged for a few open spots for this session. Email me at minimeetnorth@gmail.com  if you have any questions or wish to attend this once in a lifetime event. Please hurry because this is a VERY limited and rare opportunity!

joltfreak

Just a quick update. Here's the short but sweet rules for the Valve cover racing at MMN this year:

-It must not be propelled in any way except by gravity
-The overall width of the valve racer must not exceed 10"
-We encourage creativity, and the best and most unique Racer's will be recognised with their own award.
-Races will be either 2 competitors, or 4 depending on the amount of entries.

Now get to work on those racers!!!!!

now if you don't have a valve cover to convert into a racer, we could supply you with one.

Just contact me (minimeetnorth(AT)gmail.com)

joltfreak

Well, Spring is finally here and it time to get ready for this years mini season. We have been busy getting things ready for Mini Meet North 2011! The Dyno has been confirmed, Prizes are rolling in and valve cover racers are being built.

If you do not have a valve cover to convert into a racer, we will gladly give all registered entrants one to work on.  If your interested, email me at minimeetnorth@gmail.com and we'll get things going.

Our host hotel has changed names, They are no longer the Holiday Inn, they are now the Quality Hotel and Conference Centre this will help to avoid confusion when you call to book. All MMN participants can access the special rate ($103.00 for a standard room and $113.00 for an executive room) by calling the hotel directly at 905 575 5101 or  1877 398 9252 and quote the group name (VRF) Vintage Racing Festival/Mini Meet North to access the rooms and the rate.  Participants need to call and book before midnight May 15, 2011.

Mini Meet North also has a Facebook page! check it out, join up and keep up to date with what is going on. (http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/event.php?eid=189455007760160)

We also have our redesigned, limited edition 2011 Mini Meet North event shirt. Designed by the world famous Dooder!!! You can order them with you pre-registration for Mini Meet North. The shirts will be waiting for at the event when you get there. Or you can order them directly from Dooder (www.dooderwear.com./dooderwear.com/mini_meet_north_2011.html) and have them shipped you. anywhere in the world. They will be available to order only until May 1st 2011 so, don't miss out on a chance to get your hands on this very limited item!!

Don't forget that our pre-registration will end on May 1st 2011 (post marked date). One more thing that we added this year, we are now offering single day rates for Mini Meet North this year for those who can't make it all 3 days!! If this is an option that works for you please email me and we'll take care of it.

Even tho spring has just arrived,

Mini Meet North is just little more than 2 months away!!!!
If you have any question or comments, please feel free to contact me.
Happy Motoring!

joltfreak

Well the May 1st deadlines has past and pre-ordering events has closed. I will have very limited amount of extra event shirts that i will be to the event! but it will be first come, first served.

If you still wish to pre-register for Mini Meet North, registration is still open until June 1st (postmarked date). Just download the form at www.minimeetnorth.com.

One question that has been asked is, are we able to bring any mini parts/items to sell at the event?  YES! if you have any parts/items that you wish to offer for sale, not a problem (as long as you are not in the business of selling mini parts).

Mini Meet North is just over a month away!!!
Happy Motoring!!
Tamer

p.s. a little birdie has confirmed that there will be some magazine coverage at MMN!!

joltfreak

If you haven't registered yet and wish to attend, No worries!!!! you can still register at the track. There is a Registration building right by Gate #4 Entry Gate. I will be in the Registration building, at the Mini Meet North table every morning from 8 - 9 am.

if you show up there after that time, just go into the Registration building and ask someone there to call me on the radio and fill out the black registration form (which will be on the Mini Meet North Table) i will come up and get you sorted.

For those that have already Pre-registered and you already have your wristbands, just go to Gate #4 and show the gate person your wristband (on your wrist) and you will be given access to the track.

For those that already Pre-registered and you do not have your wristbands, just go to Registration building and ask someone there to call me on the radio and i'll come up with your wristbands and you will be given access to the event.

Also if you are travelling using you GPS, than here at the longitudinal and latitudinal coordinates to help guide you:

Mosport Raceway/Mini Meet North - N 44.05532 , W 78.67849

MINI Durham - N 45.85330 , W 79.01013

Thanks,
Tamer
p.s. If anyone wishes to be added to our emailing list,just let me know.