Bini serpentine belt for sale (non S)

Started by 94touring, June 19, 2010, 03:54:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

I bought the wrong belt for my 05 S and now have a belt for a mini cooper hatch 02-06 or mini cooper convertible 05-08.  20 bucks shipped.  94touring@gmail.com

jeff10049

Still got that belt around? I'm thinking at 130,000 miles :o Maybe just maybe I should change mine. local parts store ordered the wrong one twice now for me. Some how the stock one looks good at 10 years and 130k but i'm getting nervous.

Jeff

94touring

Ha, blast from the past.  No that belt is long gone.

Mudhen

Quote from: jeff10049 on November 17, 2013, 08:21:01 PM
Still got that belt around? I'm thinking at 130,000 miles :o Maybe just maybe I should change mine. local parts store ordered the wrong one twice now for me. Some how the stock one looks good at 10 years and 130k but i'm getting nervous.

Jeff

I would now be nervous, too, after reading that when it breaks it takes out the crank pulley.  I did my '05s last summer at 170k when I happened to notice it was shredding.  Only after that did I read that they should be done every 60k (for 'S's...not sure about non).

I have the tool if you need it.

http://www.restorationmini.com/forum/index.php?topic=488.0

Pat

jeff10049

Thank's for the offer on the tool, it's not needed for a non s. The crank pulley also survives on a non S. But I still don't need the trouble of a shredded belt on the side of the road, got the correct belt from dealer I will change it at the next service.