New member 77 mini 1000

Started by 77nzmini, February 25, 2021, 01:39:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

77nzmini

New member, finally starting my 77 righthand drive mini 1000, New Zealand built, very solid car, have repaired small section of each front rocker, now taking care of the previous owners de seaming project, im putting it back original which includes New 1/4 panel, part of outer rocker and new fender, I have a low mileage 1275 from an Austin America to use, plus the original 998 engine, im making this car a good driver, I already have a 69 MGBGT I restored 17 years ago, rustfree, overdrive, and supercharged, I will keep updated on progress and will start search for a few parts I will need

MiniDave

Welcome to the forum!

Clean MGB GT!

Looks like you have a great start on it! going to keep it RHD?

Other than the 1275, going to keep it original or update things a bit?

doncha just love the MaxJax? One of our members bought one at my urging and once he got thru his initial quality issues it's been fantastic! Is yours the two position or the M6 with the 6 positions and the automatic stops?
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

77nzmini

I have a header, hif 44 carb, tuned intake off another engine, probably go with 10 x 4.5 wheels, have 7.5 disc brake conversion, and R40 exhaust, I am keeping it righthand drive, had maxjax for 7 years now, no issues, I drilled extra holes in posts at jackstand height, easy position to do most work

MiniDave

I always wondered why they only put two holes in those early uprights, I can't believe putting a few more in would weaken the capacity

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

skmini

The MGB GT engine bay looks incredible, I'm looking forward to seeing what you do on the Mini.  Re-seaming looks like a fun job.

gr8kornholio

Welcome. Nice cars.  What's the color on the mg?
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

BruceK

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

77nzmini

For now I'm getting the leftside of body straightened up, will paint that side and blend in right side door, also in primer, im just planning on making a good driver out of it, using original interior, except for carpet and headliner
The color on the GT is Pale Primrose Yellow, the cars original color